Author Topic: War Thunder  (Read 117238 times)

Offline :| Hi

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
Re: War Thunder
« Reply #390 on: 02-07-2013, 03:07:40 »
The Ki-43 is my favorite japanese fighter thus far. I have the Ki-61 and the Ki 45s, don't like em as much. The A6M2N is ok but shoots pop gun caps.

[2:06:54 PM] Tolga: cant use tha shit underwater -Tolga on the G3

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: 02-07-2013, 11:07:15 »
I suck at this game, I'm just terrible!.

My joystick works, the only problem is that no button works! So I have to fire with my keyboard. Not a big deal, but switching my hand from the keyboard to the joystick just to slow down my airplane a little is uh, damn.

Are you sure you have configured it properly? My only gripe with the game is that every plane seems to have different sensitivity to the joystick, so I have to tune it for every plane individually (might be that my joystick is a bit broken, though, it fell on the floor many times, and some of the buttons don't work everytime :D). Anyway what I am talking about is that I can for example tune it so the P40 flies level when I let it go, and then when I switch to the Spitfire it's suddenly diving at 15 degrees when I let the joystick go.

Anyone else have similar problems?
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline hitm4k3r

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: 02-07-2013, 14:07:58 »
I don't have a joystick but it is very well possible that the sensitivity for different planes may vary. As the instructor kicks in in different ways for different planes, I can image that some planes are more responsive than others. This aspect seems still very WIP i this game. Some planes are unflyable for me atm, since the instructor kicks in and the camera keeps turning into strange angles. For other planes this isn't a problem at all. BF 109 F for example is very wierd for me, though I loved to fly this plane in previous patches. Planes like the Ki 61 on the other hand fly smooth like hell.

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: 02-07-2013, 19:07:20 »
I suck at this game, I'm just terrible!.

My joystick works, the only problem is that no button works! So I have to fire with my keyboard. Not a big deal, but switching my hand from the keyboard to the joystick just to slow down my airplane a little is uh, damn.

Are you sure you have configured it properly? My only gripe with the game is that every plane seems to have different sensitivity to the joystick, so I have to tune it for every plane individually (might be that my joystick is a bit broken, though, it fell on the floor many times, and some of the buttons don't work everytime :D). Anyway what I am talking about is that I can for example tune it so the P40 flies level when I let it go, and then when I switch to the Spitfire it's suddenly diving at 15 degrees when I let the joystick go.

Anyone else have similar problems?

Actually, I think I screwed it up. When I bought it, no buttons were working. After some time, I opened it up and made a little mess inside. Strangely, when it was open, all buttons would work, but when I tried to close the thing, when I considered it "Fixed", all buttons stopped working. I think I broke a cable or something.

I'm kinda used to it, I must also switch my hands when flying on IL-2. Other than that, the joystick works OK. This Joystick was pretty cheap, I bought it like in a "Yeah, why not?" situation, it was the only one left in store... for a few coins? a fair price imo.

But anyways it's hard to fly with a joystick. I tried mouse+kb but no, no thanks.

Offline DaWorg!

• View Profile
« Reply #394 on: 03-07-2013, 00:07:16 »
The Ki-43 is my favorite japanese fighter thus far. I have the Ki-61 and the Ki 45s, don't like em as much. The A6M2N is ok but shoots pop gun caps.

Shouldn't 2x 7,7mm + 2x 20mm be more powerful than 2x7,7mm , or 12,7mm?
"The roar of engines, the recoil of cannons. That is where the true joy of battle lies."

Offline McCloskey

• Developer
  • Heart or head, either way Jerry's dead!
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: 08-07-2013, 19:07:02 »
whoa shit, I've just won the premium acc for a year. it's funny tho because I'm not exactly running low on money and got pretty much all the aircraft I wanted now, but I guess I could finally try and lvl up the Japs :D

Offline Musti

• View Profile
« Reply #396 on: 11-07-2013, 22:07:21 »
Just got Me410 with 50mm BK, its amazing, a flying panzer III! Everything explodes into small bits, pure fun.
WARNING!
Assholes are closer than they appear!

Offline Thorondor123

• God Emperor
  • Global Moderator
  • Lugbûrz-ûr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: 11-07-2013, 23:07:16 »
whoa shit, I've just won the premium acc for a year. it's funny tho because I'm not exactly running low on money and got pretty much all the aircraft I wanted now, but I guess I could finally try and lvl up the Japs :D
How did that happen? :O
Let mortal heroes sing your fame

Offline McCloskey

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: 12-07-2013, 01:07:32 »
There was a series of achievements for the past week and I completed some of them.. guess I got lucky and I was among the 3 ppl who won the premium in the lottery draw on the last day.

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: 16-07-2013, 22:07:16 »
I had the most interesting round ever last night. Iwo Jima, we only had one navy plane on the team and he quit shortly after the battle started. Everyone from our team except me and a P-47 got shot down in the next 10 minutes. It was me and the P-47 against 4 (or 5) Japs (excluding bots). He took out 2 or 3 and then flew without his tail while I tried to keep the Japs off him (not easy to do when you're flying an A-20). Anyway when they finally got him, I dragged them into a stalemate and essentially bored them to death. They couldn't possibly catch me, and when they got too close my precise gunnery would scare them off.

After 15 minutes of chasing up and down one guy succumbed to friendly AA fire from the ships (I cleverly lead them into our fleet), and the other crashed on the runway while trying to rearm, but got repaired shorty after. In the end we decided to end it in a draw, he was to kamikaze into me... Fun fact: he missed and crashed into the ground! And so I was stuck against 3 bots and managed to win the map in a bomber... Without even having the possibility to reload!

The result: 36k creds, and a boatload of XP... My only gripe is that I could have easily ended it earlier if my bombing was on target: one guy was crashed on the runway, and the other I missed by an inch when he was taking off... Would have been incredible if I managed to take them out with bombs...

Offline siben

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: 17-07-2013, 20:07:24 »
That is really being an asshole huh, making the round super long for no reason, running away like that. Really sabotaging game play right there.

Offline Butcher

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: 17-07-2013, 20:07:18 »
Got to the FW190 - energy fighter my ass: It climbs worse than the 109G, it turns worse than the 109G, it isn´t as fast as the 109G and it doesn´t have the gun in the nose like the 109G. How can that flying brick be at Level 11. It has two cannons and thus a higher burst mass and it rolls good, but that doesn´t win you an airfight. I would be grateful for some advice. Atm climbing, boom and zoom doesn´t seem to work.
He got banned for our sins. He was not the member FH forums deserved, he was the member we needed.

Offline McCloskey

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: 18-07-2013, 00:07:46 »
actually, once you master that plane, you will feast on enemy's tears, I'm telling you - it's a beast. don't get into turnfights with it, use it to boom the shit out of your target and then speed away, turn around and repeat. believe me, once you nail aiming with its cannons anything will be dead in a matter of split second (get up close and don't waste your ammo, I'm personally converging everything at 250 m now, used to have it at 300 but that was still too far, might work it even closer in the future)

oh and it still climbs better than an average US fighter :P

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: 18-07-2013, 00:07:02 »
That is really being an asshole huh, making the round super long for no reason, running away like that. Really sabotaging game play right there.

Well yeah, but it was either that, or let them kill me... It was the only way to win, with no possibility of landing... Luckily both of them were from the same squadron, so I'm assuming they had a little chit-chat on TS while they were trying to chase me down.

Besides, in the end he was impressed by my flying and didn't actually want to shoot me down (and he could have easily, as I was going after a bot). We tried to end it in a draw but I was flying too slow, and he didn't manage to crash into me... Funny thing, in the end the last bot tried to kamikaze me, but I kept flying and he died.
« Last Edit: 18-07-2013, 00:07:02 by LuckyOne »

Offline hitm4k3r

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: 18-07-2013, 11:07:27 »

Actually it is not more than playing out the strenghts of your plane and encountering the weaknesses of your enemy. A20 is very good for "running away" and baiting the enemies as it is damn fast. I did this with a Yak 9t like a week ago and got a kill instead of just playing the prey and dying without any effort. Staying alive as long as possible is the key to be successful in HB and not to play the rounds fast. It has nothing to do with beeing an asshole or not. At the end it just matters that you are more clever than your enemy.