Author Topic: War Thunder  (Read 118228 times)

Offline Pejsaty

• View Profile
Re: War Thunder
« Reply #255 on: 07-04-2013, 14:04:59 »
nonsense, I have not deployed a single dollar and im flying with kingkobras ans bf-109's. The economy is OK, takes time but in no way does it needs gold to progress. I usually do 30K per battle, and in 10 battles I can affort the next plane and crew training.

30000?! Lolololololol, you must always get 15 kills, right?

Offline hitm4k3r

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: 07-04-2013, 14:04:06 »
Maybe he is flying HB. There you need like two kills and a few ground targets to get that much money or experience.

Offline Pejsaty

• View Profile
« Reply #257 on: 07-04-2013, 15:04:09 »
But you spend much more time on it than Arcade...

Offline hitm4k3r

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: 07-04-2013, 16:04:54 »
Yeah, it needs some patiance to get used to it and not going rambo. In the end you can get alot more out of an HB than an arcade battle. You crash less planes but can earn alot more money. Repair costs are higher though, so being very carful is the most important aspect of this gamemode. When you can handle this you get extra money for the bulletproof achievement.

There are alot of possibilities in this game how to properly earn money.

Offline siben

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: 07-04-2013, 21:04:20 »
To those people complaining, about 6 battles a day with 2 weekends (so maybe i was playing for 17 days) where i played maybe 2 hours a day got me into tier 5 in 2 nations and tier 6 in another. Sure, i cant play all the aircraft i have unlocked, there is 1 that i still have to save for but who cares? This type of games are fun on all tiers, the more you play the cooler the stuf gets, true, but on low tier you can have the same amount of fun.

Offline Butcher

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: 07-04-2013, 21:04:57 »
Actually those kind of games are most fun in mid tiers, at least for me. Tier 6-12 offers most of the iconic aircraft of WW2 with most 109s, Spitfires, Yaks etc.

The same is the case in WOT with Shermans, StuGs, T-34, Panzer IV, Cromwell etc. being the mid tier. After that it comes down to German heavy equipment and retarded stuff from the 50ties and prototypes to balance it for the other factions.

In War thunder this isn´t as extreme but Sabre and Mig 9 still don´t have any place in this game. I hope they are blocked in historical battles.
He got banned for our sins. He was not the member FH forums deserved, he was the member we needed.

Offline McCloskey

• Developer
  • Heart or head, either way Jerry's dead!
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: 07-04-2013, 22:04:16 »
I hope they are blocked in historical battles.

nope.

Offline SiCaRiO

• View Profile
« Reply #262 on: 07-04-2013, 23:04:06 »
There are alot of possibilities in this game how to properly earn money.

agree, I just made 27K in an HB , were I killed 1 hurricane and damaged 1 beaufort. If you are having troubles with money, either you spend im shit you dont need, or you simple cant hit anything .

Offline hitm4k3r

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: 07-04-2013, 23:04:05 »
A mate of mine just earned 95000 in an HB.  He shot down 4 planes and some ground targets with the Mustang.
I had three easy rounds with russian planes today. Two times like 15000 and one time (first victory of the day) 23000. Ofcourse there is this nice bonus for this weekend. But still ...

Offline Surfbird

• View Profile
« Reply #264 on: 10-04-2013, 00:04:34 »
Got back into the game. As I failed to repair my gamepad by myself, I decided t give mouse aim a go. And well, it goes a lot better than I remembered it and is actually quite nice. Like everything is 10 times easier.

I dominated some biplane low level games with this Level 1 Soviet Biplane "Chaika" which seems to be kinda op. Had not played Soviet before so I unlocked that after one game and even the reserve planes from the Soviets seem to be pretty damn good. I think in this few hours with mouse I played I made nearly as many kills as in one or two weeks of flying with gamepad, and I'm not exaggerating.

Anyway, the new flight model of the P40 is even shittier than I expected it to be. It flies like a small or medium sized bomber now. Why would they nerf the P40, it has never been too strong at all. Maybe I'm not used to it, but it feels like it pretty much sucks now.

Offline Yustax

• German bias forevah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: 10-04-2013, 06:04:04 »
Same with the BF110 and ME410, they fly like the Catalina.

Offline Pejsaty

• View Profile
« Reply #266 on: 10-04-2013, 09:04:11 »
After playing of many rounds I went into conclusion that everything in this game depends on pure luck, not skill... Still, I don't get how people can manage to kill my pilot so often with first single burst...
But the most annoing is when you manage to put on fire enemy plane and somebody else finishes it and you get no points for assist... -_-'

Offline ajappat

• "Cheater"
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: 10-04-2013, 12:04:34 »
How does the assist system even work? My kills have been stolen countless times and most of times I don't even get assists. Same thing when enemy crashes, does it seriously give the kill for last person to damage it, even if I messed up his controls?

Offline Pejsaty

• View Profile
« Reply #268 on: 10-04-2013, 12:04:04 »
I completely don't know how it really works. Sometimes I got the last hit and also didn't get kill... However, it's good that they removed kills for ramming, unfortunately it didn't stop people from doing this...   ::)

Offline SiCaRiO

• View Profile
« Reply #269 on: 10-04-2013, 13:04:17 »
asists sometimes dont showup on the hud, but they are there. kills are a bit tricky, if you damage the elevator and the plane crashes in the ground, you are get the kill, however, if he then leaks fuel and someone else lights him on fire, you just get an asist. For you to get the kill, your damage have to influence his dead in some way, I think.