Author Topic: War Thunder  (Read 118248 times)

Offline Tankbuster

• View Profile
Re: War Thunder
« Reply #225 on: 01-04-2013, 18:04:04 »
What a shame, my beaufort is quite meh, I am thinking of switching to the germans/Soviets, any Ideas?

Offline Yustax

• German bias forevah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: 01-04-2013, 18:04:26 »
I know it's April 1....but ugh....

Burn em with acid.

Offline Musti

• View Profile
« Reply #227 on: 01-04-2013, 19:04:41 »
I really dislike the way twin engine fighters behave now. They're slow as a whale, as slow as the Catalina! My BF110 and ME410 agility it's gone, and even with engine and polished fighter, Im still slow as a brick.

What the hell happened?
Patch 1.29 happened and nearly everything is fucked.
What a shame, my beaufort is quite meh, I am thinking of switching to the germans/Soviets, any Ideas?
Go Soviet, at least they're OP :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=aGSdPx8Nu-U

whut..
Yuuuup, they are even in-game :D. WT is pretty unplayable right now because of all the ponies.
WARNING!
Assholes are closer than they appear!

Offline Butcher

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: 01-04-2013, 19:04:38 »
And I thought when Sicario posted he downed 14 ponies in one game, he meant Mustangs. :P
He got banned for our sins. He was not the member FH forums deserved, he was the member we needed.

Offline SiCaRiO

• View Profile
« Reply #229 on: 01-04-2013, 19:04:43 »
funny thing is, I found a glitch with the ponies, go 109% power, drop all your bombs/rockets, and watch how your speed increases even when climbing. I could drop my speed bellow 1000, it was amazing  ;D

Offline siben

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: 02-04-2013, 19:04:40 »
I turned off automatic repair and resupply, I am making a lot more money now, Really good if you play several nations. Most of my plained only take like 40 minutes to repair for free anyway so if you play 4 nation they are almost every time repaired.

I honestly don't know what the downside is of not resupplying.

Offline CptdeS35

• View Profile
« Reply #231 on: 02-04-2013, 20:04:31 »
Edit: Is this fake?

Sure it is, since nearly 70% of the vehicle icons are from Blitzkrieg !
FH2 Dev (wait seriously ?)

Offline flyboy_fx

• rockets,rc stuff,and collecting/making ww2 models
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: 03-04-2013, 18:04:55 »
Well now, I actually decided to give it a go. So far pretty disappointing... It seems joystick controls are an after thought.  :o This game is not specifically tailored for mouse/key is it? I have not tried anything out of arcade mode yet, maybe the realistic mode will actually have realistic controls. :O The planes really fishtail when you add a little rudder. Also, using the hat switch on the joystick is worthless. Using the TrackIR makes the viewing better though. I am also getting a strange graphical bug. The explosions are nothing but black blocks... ???
Don't hate the forum, hate it's users...

Offline Pejsaty

• View Profile
« Reply #233 on: 03-04-2013, 18:04:25 »
Don't even try to use a joystick for this arcade game. Have you already played with mouse? If not, you should try and then you'll see what I'm talking about!

Offline siben

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: 03-04-2013, 19:04:37 »
Finally, a game where people that don't use joysticks can be good at! I hate when some guy is uber good just because he has a joystick...

Offline McCloskey

• Developer
  • Heart or head, either way Jerry's dead!
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: 03-04-2013, 19:04:24 »
I'm pretty damn sure nobody plays FRB with mouse...

Offline hitm4k3r

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: 03-04-2013, 20:04:57 »
I also could imagine that the historical battles are also easier with a joystick. With some planes, like the P40 for example, where they f*cked up the flight model you will have much more success with a joystick.

I mostly play HB, still with mouse but I guess that the performance gap isn't that huge as you have to encounter the g-forces and everything much more. It is not as easy to hit something as in the arcade battles where you simply have to move your mouse over the target.

But setting up the joystick seems to be a pain.  :-\

Offline Gezoes

• There is no middle ground.
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: 05-04-2013, 15:04:43 »
Well now, I actually decided to give it a go. So far pretty disappointing... It seems joystick controls are an after thought.  :o This game is not specifically tailored for mouse/key is it? I have not tried anything out of arcade mode yet, maybe the realistic mode will actually have realistic controls. :O The planes really fishtail when you add a little rudder. Also, using the hat switch on the joystick is worthless. Using the TrackIR makes the viewing better though. I am also getting a strange graphical bug. The explosions are nothing but black blocks... ???

Joystick controls have always sucked. They - rightly - let that go for the most part. One of the many reasons World of Warplanes failed before it came out of the hangar. It's dead in the water now WT has arrived. Mouse works great, for once in a flight sim. Can we have some fun too for once? So tired of elite flyboys. With somewhat bearable joystick control WT would turn into a small elitist community, and be gone in about three months. Anyone can feel like an ace, that's the strength and slapstick fun. Elitist flyboys need to go elsewhere.

Also, one more good thing: Extremely few SIEMA SIEMA SIEMA PL PL PL PL POZ eastern EU idiots.

"If I wasn't a little mad, I'd go mad."

Offline |7th|Nighthawk

• View Profile
« Reply #238 on: 06-04-2013, 00:04:15 »
Haha, reminds me of WoT somehow :P

"SIEMA, WITAM, PLPL" ;D
"I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that..."

Offline ajappat

• "Cheater"
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: 06-04-2013, 07:04:31 »
Well, I gave it a go. Played 5 or 6 games, reached british rank 2 and was on top 3 on all rounds except for first. Flying is so easy, I don't understand how those guys have trouble hitting me when their on my tail  ;D.

Obviously I had friend on all those matches, so we were constantly clearing eachothers tails  ;).