Author Topic: Suggestion- Fix AT/MG emplacements!  (Read 1768 times)

Offline AdamPA1006

• View Profile
Suggestion- Fix AT/MG emplacements!
« on: 19-07-2010, 20:07:06 »
So many are so useless! I can't even begin to describe how crappy the emplacements are, but most paks and mounted MGs are generally useless. One example would be the middle pak on lebisey, it can barely see anything. Any others agree?

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
Re: Suggestion- Fix AT/MG emplacements!
« Reply #1 on: 19-07-2010, 20:07:29 »
yep, and has been adressed many times. usually the mapper builds a nice looking place with logs, sandbags and crap then places the MG there without testing if it works. annoying  >:(

Offline Wyrdstone

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 19-07-2010, 20:07:02 »
I agree. Too many times is an mg somewhere when a few metres away is a place much more suitable.
I play as Dansolo online. I am also a FHT player.
You will often see me typing questions/crap/exclamations/obscenities.

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 19-07-2010, 20:07:00 »
yep, and has been adressed many times. usually the mapper builds a nice looking place with logs, sandbags and crap then places the MG there without testing if it works. annoying  >:(

Truer words are rarely spoken....

Offline General Tso

• Head Chump
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 19-07-2010, 21:07:02 »
I've often wondered about some of the MGs in Crete that are mounted in the middle of a room with a limited field of fire (out the door).  I figured that there were pictures of such things and chalked it up to accuracy.   :D

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 19-07-2010, 23:07:02 »
I've often wondered about some of the MGs in Crete that are mounted in the middle of a room with a limited field of fire (out the door).  I figured that there were pictures of such things and chalked it up to accuracy.   :D

same reason : because it was fun to place it, and might look good on a screenshot. absolutely useless in a game. No one ever ever ever everrrrrrr sits in one of those MGs and "guard" the door. Because that is not what players do.
IRL if you were an allied soldier and it was your duty to guard the door with the MG, you would. Not in a game, period.

Offline Nerdsturm

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 20-07-2010, 00:07:44 »
Static MGs are either completely useless(about 90% of them), or are insane killing machines. The small number of useful ones play a very fun and immersive role, but most are just too unprotected to be anything more than deathtraps for the gunner.

Static AT guns are fine, most are useful too some degree.

Offline AdamPA1006

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 20-07-2010, 02:07:20 »

same reason : because it was fun to place it, and might look good on a screenshot. absolutely useless in a game. No one ever ever ever everrrrrrr sits in one of those MGs and "guard" the door. Because that is not what players do.
IRL if you were an allied soldier and it was your duty to guard the door with the MG, you would. Not in a game, period.

So if this is a valid suggestion, will you guys do it? Someone get that picture, FH2 suggestion box, with it being a paper shredder.....

Offline Thorondor123

• God Emperor
  • Global Moderator
  • Lugbûrz-ûr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 20-07-2010, 02:07:26 »
Not that I wouldn't agree, but this is not a suggestion but map feedback and/or bug report.
Let mortal heroes sing your fame

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 20-07-2010, 08:07:06 »
So if this is a valid suggestion, will you guys do it? Someone get that picture, FH2 suggestion box, with it being a paper shredder.....

Legit suggestions are always worked on when an interest persists. I can grant you that.
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off

Offline Paavopesusieni

• Spongebob
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 20-07-2010, 09:07:48 »
I've often wondered about some of the MGs in Crete that are mounted in the middle of a room with a limited field of fire (out the door).  I figured that there were pictures of such things and chalked it up to accuracy.   :D
Thats awesome MG, have got lots of kill with the one inside house. Everyone who comes in is toast and grenades are easy to avoid. Good place to cap flag imo.

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 20-07-2010, 11:07:35 »
we won't change that particular one, since it works for the intention. (even though it might be silly) The broken ones however should be reported as bugs, and well hopefully fixed. Just take screenshots and report it

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
  • Traction Wars Propaganda Officer
    • View Profile
    • Traction Wars - WWII Free to Play Game
« Reply #12 on: 20-07-2010, 12:07:25 »

Actually, I always use that one. On the roof is a sniper rifle so another guy is on top sniping and I guard the door so he doesn't get flanked.
"Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline FatJoe

• Developer
  • An old timer
    • View Profile
    • My internet
« Reply #13 on: 20-07-2010, 12:07:48 »

Actually, I always use that one. On the roof is a sniper rifle so another guy is on top sniping and I guard the door so he doesn't get flanked.

Oh yeah, I love that one!
It's saved my life a couple of times :D

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 20-07-2010, 13:07:03 »
On the other hand, on a map where MGs are placed a bit too smartly (PeB) they can really lock down a flagzone.