Author Topic: NEW MAP/FACTION SUGGESTION - FEB BRAZIL  (Read 838 times)

Offline vicorv

• View Profile
NEW MAP/FACTION SUGGESTION - FEB BRAZIL
« on: 28-02-2018, 13:02:29 »
Since the brazillian comunity is getting bigger. We even have our own clan and play alongside the argentinian clan on their server, we would suggest that the Monte Castelo Battle become a map.

FEB ( Brazillian expeditionary force) fought alongside the american 5th army in Italy and they were one of the responsible for  the capture of Monte Castelo in 1944.

Even Sabaton made a song about the brazillian expeditionary force, it's called "Smoking Snakes" (The FEB emblem was a snake that smokes a pipe and it's a popular saying in Brazil when something serious happens).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1M7sUCElJK0

Modeling wise, the brazillian faction used standard american equipment due to Landlease and they fought against the german army. Here goes some pics.

A brazillian arty piece with the ammo written "The snake is smoking"

The surrender of  Otto Fretter-Pico commander of the 148th infantry division. When the war was over, germans and italians opted to surrender to brazillian forces due to the respect that they dealt with POW and the americans did not.

This one is on the Monte Castelo Battle itself.

Brazilliam emblems.

Offline AfterDune

• PR Developer
    • View Profile
Re: NEW MAP/FACTION SUGGESTION - FEB BRAZIL
« Reply #1 on: 28-02-2018, 14:02:30 »
Just to be clear: I'm not a FH2 developer and I don't know how FH2 handles community factions, but I can imagine it being something like this:

Creating a new faction isn't an easy task. In fact, it's a hell of a job to make it actually good. The devs already have their hands full on FH2 alone, so if you want to see the FEB, I'd suggest you put a team together of people that are willing (and know how!) to mod. Then create/reskin soldiers, kits, weapons and vehicles.

You're also going to need voices. Something tells me Portugese voices already exist in the BF2 world somewhere, but I'm not sure.

And last but certainly not least: maps. Make sure you have at least two maps or so? Those maps need to be of good quality, otherwise they'll never make it to FH2.

If the faction isn't top notch quality, I'm pretty sure it won't make FH2. You'd have a better chance of the faction being incorporated into "CMP" or so.

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 28-02-2018, 17:02:59 »
Yup like Afterdune said, this would certainly be something for the community to spearhead. This battle is known, it’s just a matter of having at least 1 or 2 maps made for the Brazilian forces to be added.

I’m pretty sure we have all their equipment as I think the US mainly equiped them with everything during the war. A reskin of the faces could suffice. The 2nd biggest thing would be voices. You’d need voices that match the commo rose that all the other armies use.

The biggest thing is a map. FH has a very high standard when it comes to maps that they include in the mod. You could make a brand new one from scratch which would be nice. Or you could re-do a CMP map. AFAIK they have a few ‘Monte’ type maps already that could easily be converted, especially since Monte Castelo was a 2 month long operation over a large area. The main thing is that the map needs to be good enough for pub play.

Online VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 28-02-2018, 17:02:24 »
Yes, they wore almost entirely US gear and used American weapons.  Mostly would just need to put the insignia on their helmets and shoulders- voices are a challenge.

But the biggest issue is the whole reason we don't have an official Italian Front- the complete and utter lack of Italian statics/scenery.  If you ever want Italian Front officially, you gotta learn to make a metric shitton of statics specific to Italy and to the various scenarios you want.

Sad as it is to say, given my disdain for CMP, this is most appropriate for a CMP mapping style, where there is a lot less care for quality and accuracy.