Author Topic: Conspiracies Thread Mk II  (Read 244311 times)

Offline Oberst

• View Profile
Conspiracies Thread Mk II
« on: 24-03-2011, 11:03:57 »
As the old thread got closed, because of - well - private chatting, I decided to start a new one.

As news are rare at the moment, I want to start with a summary.  What do we know about the next patch, especially the BotB content as Russia is very far out. I mean the already shown stuff, as well as for example the maps and names spotted on the test server. And some speculations, what is missing and a "must have".

Since the last patch was shown:
  • Jagdpanther
  • Sherman Jumbo (76 and 75mm)
  • M24 Chaffee
  • M1919A6
  • Jagdpanzer IV
  • Eihandgranate
  • Sd.Kfz. 250/3 Command Vehicle
  • german playermodels in wintercamo
  • Some Mapscreen of Botb
  • M1903A1 Springfield rifle
  • M9 Bazooka
  • Leuchtpistole 34
  • Fiat 626
  • Hetzer

Is there still something very very important missing? A weapon, a tank? The most important thing are the US winterskins, which need to be done or better to say, finished and shown to us.

The next list will contain the names of maps, which were spotted on the testserver (a Part of this list is taken by a list made by Kelmola in the old thread):

• Kuuterselka
  • Crimea 1944
  • Gold Beach
  • Ste. Mere Eglise
  • overlord
  • Meuse River 1944
  • bastogne
  • Foy
  • Hürtgen Forest
  • Battle at Puffendorf
  • Vossenack
  • Eppeldorf 1944
That are some Maps related to the Eastern front, the next 3 maps are maps related to normandy (Ok, the overlord map seems to be a testmap and comes up for years now.)
Then there are maps, which seems to portray to the BotB fighting. The last maps are related to the Hürtgenwald battle, which is already german territory.

I will finish my post with some speculating.
One of the map sreenshots, which was shown in the january news, has some similarities to kettcars signature. So I guess: One map might be done by kettcar:

Next I remember there was a "hurtgen forrest"-thread in the modding section. The screenshots on the january update made me remember that. The map shown in the moddings section contained a forrest with a lot of fortifications and even some special statics, like westwall bunkers. In a short search I couldnt find the thread anymore, nearly all evidence in the public part of the forums are gone. But I found a thread, where torenico asked what to do next (Hürtgen was an option) and in the "battle of aachen"-thread he showed a very WIP of such a bunker. Next he said, he want to redo his "battle-of-aachen" map.

Very, very WIP sreenshot of a bunker made by terenico, 1 year old. The ones from the hurtgenforrest map, looked different and were more or less finished.
http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/1424/r503rndr.jpg

My randomn guess: The hurtgen forrest map from the modding section had enough potential, so it got moved to the internal forums and might be one of the maps of the release.

Thats it, I hope this thread will not be closed because of chatting. I hope we can summarize all the infos, which are written between the lines and such, as we got a lack of news at the moment.

Oberst

PS: I nearly forgot, the tank warfare will be reworked, which was said somewhere in the suggestion forums.
« Last Edit: 24-03-2011, 11:03:45 by Oberst »

Offline IrishReloaded

• Leader of Irishforce
    • View Profile
Re: Conspiracies Thread Mk II
« Reply #1 on: 24-03-2011, 11:03:07 »
here is the thread you were looking for :)
http://fhpubforum.warumdarum.de/index.php?topic=11950.0

by Ts4Ever
but remember, he wrote he doesn't work on Fh2 anymore, so all this stuff will never be released

2 Months later, when noone remebered the topic anymore

http://forgottenhope.warumdarum.de/main.php?module=archives&selectedmonth=12&selectedyear=2010&lang=english

;D

edit:
My randomn guess: The hurtgen forrest map from the modding section had enough potential, so it got moved to the internal forums and might be one of the maps of the release.

usually you never ever see any stuff before the news / relaise.
They only showed us the 4 pics of the wip maps because we won the moddb contest.
« Last Edit: 24-03-2011, 11:03:52 by eXavs IrishReloaded »

Offline Raziel

• Bullet Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 24-03-2011, 11:03:25 »
I remember going through this thread! Thanks Irish for bringing it back up! I sincerely hope that FH2 continues to be developed! Lately have been growing more and more afraid of opening the forums and finding the dreaded final post....."Sorry guys we are going to move onto new and fresher grounds. FH2 will not be developed anymore:'( 

Offline Thorondor123

• God Emperor
  • Global Moderator
  • Lugbûrz-ûr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 24-03-2011, 11:03:40 »
I find your lack of faith disturbing.

Knoffy not working for FH2? What a bunch of baloney ;D

Edit: Raziel, are you serious? ::)
Let mortal heroes sing your fame

Offline Oberst

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 24-03-2011, 13:03:51 »
@Irish: Thats the Sreens I meant, that is even the Map I meant, but thats not the thread I ment. I am damn sure, there was a thread in the modding section and its name was "hurtgen forrest" or something. I remembered your behind the scenes thread, but I forgot, there were so much screens. Thanks!

Your example of the Eihandgranate shows, sometimes stuff is shown, of course unintentionally, but shown.
I am not so sure, we will never see this map again. And somehow I cant get rid of the feeling, that some Devs and/or betatesters sit infront of theír computer sreens and just cant tell, they want to, but cant.

Offline Lightning

• Dreamcrusher
  • FH2 Dev
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 24-03-2011, 13:03:22 »
I can, but I don't want to  ;)

Offline Kelmola

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 24-03-2011, 13:03:15 »
Whatever happened to the Battle of Keren? It got as far as mentioned in the 2.2 changelog... then nothing.

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 24-03-2011, 14:03:43 »
@Irish: Thats the Sreens I meant, that is even the Map I meant, but thats not the thread I ment. I am damn sure, there was a thread in the modding section and its name was "hurtgen forrest" or something. I remembered your behind the scenes thread, but I forgot, there were so much screens. Thanks!

Your example of the Eihandgranate shows, sometimes stuff is shown, of course unintentionally, but shown.
I am not so sure, we will never see this map again. And somehow I cant get rid of the feeling, that some Devs and/or betatesters sit infront of theír computer sreens and just cant tell, they want to, but cant.

Well if lightning doesn't want to tell you, your best bet would be asking the dev who posted the stuff in the first place for a comment ;)

Offline Die Happy

• FH-Betatester
  • Live Long & Die Happy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 24-03-2011, 15:03:11 »
Whatever happened to the Battle of Keren? It got as far as mentioned in the 2.2 changelog... then nothing.
i think it was the application map for some dev, we playtested it only few times, it had some issues on performance for some people and later we did some skirmish in the maps urban areas. which was always quite a lot of fun with just a handfull of people. not really sure what happened then. focus went on next release in terms of testerplaytime spend on maps. and then nothing. or at least nothing i can remember. i dont even remember the devs name who made the map.

i liked the maps setting, dug in italians in hillside vs british supported by artillery and some tanks. however balancing this map would have taken quite some time i guess. and as said before back then that time needed to be spend on maps closer to being finished.
Live Long & Die Happy

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 24-03-2011, 15:03:42 »
the map was made by schism who went on to make peb.

Offline IrishReloaded

• Leader of Irishforce
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 24-03-2011, 15:03:58 »
oh italian maps, we need them, and I like PeB, one of my fav. so maybe he can make a remake of this  ;D

mh N24R. post is gone ^^

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 24-03-2011, 16:03:53 »
Believe me, once you see his new map you will forget all about Italians /spoiler

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
  • Traction Wars Propaganda Officer
    • View Profile
    • Traction Wars - WWII Free to Play Game
« Reply #12 on: 24-03-2011, 16:03:27 »
Not really. Depends on your priorities.

I would swap anything for another Italian map. Even that one awesome map.
"Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline IrishReloaded

• Leader of Irishforce
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 24-03-2011, 16:03:28 »
was it an italian africa map
or italian main country map?

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile