Author Topic: Time to say Goodbye to our beloved FH2...  (Read 4487 times)

Offline Leopardi

• [11PzG] member
    • View Profile
Re: Time to say Goodbye to our beloved FH2...
« Reply #15 on: 01-04-2010, 02:04:15 »
Ahh so this is why my pings doubled on hslan.

Offline hslan.totaler_humbug

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
    • hslan
« Reply #16 on: 06-04-2010, 23:04:31 »
Since when? Since our new server, which can´t be possible, because he is at the same location.
We need to be able, to throw Thermos out of Spotterplanes.

Offline Oddball

• Positive Wave Director
  • In Alliance with "Lumberjack Cammandos"....
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 07-04-2010, 01:04:10 »
Idk, but my ping ping and lag has been a lot worse since your new server....  :-\

Offline Desertfox

• Knowledge is power, and power corupts.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 07-04-2010, 01:04:08 »
My ping is about the same 140-180ish

Offline Leopardi

• [11PzG] member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 17-04-2010, 15:04:57 »
Since when? Since our new server, which can´t be possible, because he is at the same location.
It went from 40ish to 80ish after this upgrade.

Offline Jiggs_Casey

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 17-04-2010, 17:04:13 »
Last night I had a very disappointing experience on the HSLAN server.  I am a mature player.  I don't go around TK'ing people on purpose (although mistakes do happen).  I try to play the game as realistically as possible.  So far I've been impressed with the FH2 player community.  It seems so far and above the maturity level of your average BF2 battle.

Until last night.  

I was playing as "The_Black_Hand_69", at about 11pm, CST.  There were two players, each with a [TB] prefix on their sigs.  One was named [TB]ChipmunkJr.  These two morons stated that they were "totally high and pretty drunk".  These two decided that it would be fun to just keep TK'ing me over and over and over and over.  To add insult to injury, they did the little teabag dance every time.  (That was funny . . . about ten years ago.)

I figured I'd stand there and let them kill me a few more times, figuring the server would automatically kick them.  Well, after about a dozen, successive TK's, along with plenty of typed profanity . . . nothing happened.  At the end of the battle, I noticed that one of these guys had no negative points for teamwork.  The other guy had a -4 (I think).  The next battle began . . . and so did the TK'ing.

Since the server did nothing to help . . . I quit.  I guess those two just kept on being a$$es.  Probably found someone else to pick on/pi$$ off.  Maybe they succeeded in running off the remaining dozen players.

How is this allowed to happen?  Where was the admin?  What about the automatic kick for profanity and successive TK's?

Why aren't these "players" and their clan banned?

This is just the sort of immature behavior that can ruin the mod.  Honestly, it has turned me off to the HSLAN server, which is too bad because quite often this is the only server going.  So far, the last three months that I've been playing FH2 have been a lot of fun.  It has been nice not to have had to deal with the typical BF2 BS.  Obviously this mod has had a lot of hard work put into it.  I'd hate to see it become a playground for a bunch of ignorant trolls.

Does anyone enforce any rules at HSLAN or is it a free-for-all?  Also, does anyone know which clan [TB] represents.  I'd like to forward the conduct of it's members to it's CO.

« Last Edit: 17-04-2010, 17:04:46 by Jiggs_Casey »

Offline Dnarag1M

• WoT Team
  • Forgotten Hope Alliance
    • View Profile
    • mah website
« Reply #21 on: 17-04-2010, 17:04:42 »
Sounds like the typical bunch of griefing Americans ....in that timeframe there usually are no admins, I think. Since HSLAN is a Europe-based clan and server. Sorry to hear about your experiences...

Offline Jiggs_Casey

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 17-04-2010, 17:04:48 »
Yeah, I think they were a lesser example of my fellow countrymen.

Let me offer a blanket apology from one Yank who plays by the rules.

I'm not trying to whine like a girl . . . it's just that I've never had anything like this happen, to this extent.  Not even during my many years playing BF2.  To have it happen on FH2 was a real drag.

Obviously there wasn't an admin present . . . but what about the server rules?  Why weren't these guys automatically booted?  IMO, they should be permanently banned and their clan should be suspended (if that's possible).

Offline Dnarag1M

• WoT Team
  • Forgotten Hope Alliance
    • View Profile
    • mah website
« Reply #23 on: 17-04-2010, 18:04:07 »
I think (but dont know) that they might have had sufficient 'normal' frags to offset the automatic kicking threshold in their advantage.

So effectively, if they spread out their teamkills (Which they could since there were two of them) and make some regular points in the same time, they can stay on the server for quite a while - unless an admin sees them.

I do think that the HSLAN guys can check the server logs and ban them in retrospect, depending of how severe and deliberate the teamkilling was ? I've had big fat minus scores at times (never, never ever let me walk around with the flamethrower on Point du Hoc..I get into a massive beserk-frying-frenzy and end up killing everyone....as someone once said 'let him, he's doing a great job screw the collateral damage'.  8) :-X )

Offline DAzLAYER

• [DLF] Leader
    • View Profile
    • [DenLedeFi]
« Reply #24 on: 17-04-2010, 20:04:15 »
@Jiggs_Casey

I reported these guys a while ago on the hslan forums for exactly the same behaviour. Check the thread  http://www.hslan.de/smf/index.php?topic=6528.0.

Offline Jiggs_Casey

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 19-04-2010, 02:04:38 »
Hmmm, when I go to the HSLAN page I get this message:

"Sorry Guest, you are banned from using this forum!"

I've never been to that forum so I can't imagine why I would be banned.

Anyhow, the TK'ing was most definitely deliberate.  They killed me about ten times in succession.

If HSLAN cares about it's reputation, it should really do something about keeping people like that off of it's server.

Yup, that flamethrower can be dangerous . . . but it shore is fun!

Offline hslan.totaler_humbug

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
    • hslan
« Reply #26 on: 19-04-2010, 09:04:19 »
Sad to hear something like that happend on our server, as we are allways trying to make the server as clean as possible, to ensure you are having a good time there.
As others said allready, we are a mostly german clan (only one american member and he can´t play everyday). Therefore it is very hard to keep admins on the server for very late EU-times.
Also autokick is enabled on our server, to not let things like this happen when no admin is online. The problem with the autokick is, that you can´t choose after how many TK´s you will get kicked, but you have to choose a number of minusscore. Now it can happen that somebody is teamkilling very often, but because he is also playing regular, he will never reach the -16 which is needed for an autokick. That´s a technical problem, due to BF2CC (admintool), which we can solve.
To the guys which TKed you: as DAzLAYER allready said we are aware of them from his report and they are on our watchlist. As soon as we get their keyhashes to will get banned, to not disrupt your game anymore. I will check our serverlogs, maybe I can find their hashes there, when they got autokicked.
Also it sounds very strange, that you can´t enter our website. I informed our site admin about that, let´s hope he find´s the reason.
We need to be able, to throw Thermos out of Spotterplanes.

Offline hslan.Simpson

• View Profile
    • hslan
« Reply #27 on: 19-04-2010, 11:04:22 »
Hmmm, when I go to the HSLAN page I get this message:

"Sorry Guest, you are banned from using this forum!"

I've never been to that forum so I can't imagine why I would be banned.
i had an ip-ban to one of your countryman. this is partialy lifted so maybe you try it again.

Offline Jiggs_Casey

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 20-04-2010, 05:04:11 »
Thanks for that reply and for access to the site.

I see by the previously linked thread that it was indeed those two guys who were attacking me.  At the end of the battle I saw that one of them had a minus score (-4, i think?) and the other guy had a pretty high score so I guess that's why neither of them got the boot.

Hopefully you'll be able to pinpoint them and ban them permanently.  It sounds like all they're interested in is causing a problem.

I have since played on your server under this ID (Jiggs_Casey) and I have enjoyed it very much.  You have some maps in rotation that I've never played before.  That's always fun!

Offline McCloskey

• Developer
  • Heart or head, either way Jerry's dead!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 20-04-2010, 16:04:36 »
It was a normal Sunday evening on hslan... until those two retards named "Omaha9999" and "SammyUK" appeared. I hopped in a jeep, those two tards were running behind me while Sammy TKed me. I called for a kick as there were two admins on by that time. Those guys started bs like "We thought you were a german" and "Sorry you looked like a german" - no response from admins. Okay I say, I'll let it go.. but no, one of those tards just TKed me with a knife in our main again. They kept that crap about "me looking german" etc... The other time I was at Farm flag (map was Luttich) and I went to the building in the flagzone for a sniper rifle. I picked it up and walked 5 meters while I suddenly got TKed again. It was Omaha9999 this time, claiming that "I stole his sniper rifle" - there was still no response from admins. Well I told myself that if TKing was probably allowed as none of the admins kicked them, I decided to go for a revenge - I tracked one of those guys down and shreded him to pieces with a .50. Then the other guy came and killed me stating "I saw you killing the other guy."... I thought admins would start kicking finally (along with me but I didn't care anymore at that point tbh) but I was wrong... Those asses eventually quit after some time, but... it was just weird. I mean, I'm not saying I don't happen to TK from time to time (accidentally, of course) but when I do I just hope the guy I shot don't get it wrong and won't start shouting "Kiiick"... It was really disappointing seeing admins not acting up to the rules which clearly say that "TKers get kicked and repeaters banned" :(

those are my 2 cents.