Author Topic: Team JR34 FH2 Server  (Read 1607 times)

Offline kabussi

• View Profile
    • Team34
Team JR34 FH2 Server
« on: 23-01-2010, 11:01:08 »
New hardware new location and new web address
www.jr34.info

Server:
Intel Xeon W3520 i7 4x 2x 2.66GHz HT
12GB RAM DDR3
Intel SSDX25-M 2x 80 Gb
1Gbps Connection
Location Germany
64players

Welcome  ;D

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
  • Traction Wars Propaganda Officer
    • View Profile
    • Traction Wars - WWII Free to Play Game
Re: Team JR34 FH2 Server
« Reply #1 on: 23-01-2010, 12:01:12 »
Awesome! Love your server, good maps, good players, not that busy (I don't like crowded maps  :P) and awesome people. Only thing I dislike is the time limit who cuts the battle in the intense moments.

Anyways, Germany is good for me. 20 ping here I come.
"Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline kabussi

• View Profile
    • Team34
« Reply #2 on: 23-01-2010, 12:01:18 »
hmm 40 minits time limit not good?What's better no time limit?The Server settings and the map rotation are searching right position.We take always suggestions from players.

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
  • Traction Wars Propaganda Officer
    • View Profile
    • Traction Wars - WWII Free to Play Game
« Reply #3 on: 23-01-2010, 12:01:57 »
I would say no time limit but with few players thats always a risk, it can get boring. But as there are always JR34 members online who are most likely admins you could always ask for map suggestions etc. so new maps keep coming. Time limit has the bad habit to end the match on a tense moment.
"Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline McCloskey

• Developer
  • Heart or head, either way Jerry's dead!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 23-01-2010, 13:01:51 »
I don't like time limits at all... imagine Totalize for example: Brits are getting wiped out but suddenly they "rise from the dead" and manage to cap important flags which seem to be uncappable back by Axis... AWESOME you may say (if you play Brits) but TOO BAD, time limit ends that epic tension in its half and in the end it's most of the time Germans who come out as winners (not that I care about who wins or loses on public but that game would go on for like another 20 minutes of serious uproar...) because Brits weren't given enough time to change something :)

Offline kettcar

• Developer
  • Mapper / News Journalist
    • View Profile
    • SWIZZ Gamingnet Community
« Reply #5 on: 23-01-2010, 16:01:55 »
yesterday i played the first and the last time on this server. when the admins think, its ok to do nothing against some Nazinicks like (SS/Gestapo) play alone. thats not good behavoir and not a reference for this server.
« Last Edit: 23-01-2010, 16:01:06 by kettcar »

Offline kabussi

• View Profile
    • Team34
« Reply #6 on: 23-01-2010, 17:01:29 »
Geheime Staatspolizei = Gestapo secret police.  Waffen-SS fighting organization.I think these are organisations
not nazi nicks.Waffen-SS fighting organization also served as Finnish soldiers(1200 men)I understand hitler and his left hand himmler are nazi leaders.In Finland we have perhaps the perfect kind of laws and regulations.If someone begins to bark of other nationalities, it is not allowed our server. Maybe that nick name  stuff takes too seriously.Maybe we Finns server admins are too permissive with someone .We have to be so accurate if the behavior is okay no proplem.I think that is your opinion but you are welcome.We are not naziorganization only Finnish  game community

Offline Kugelschreiber

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 23-01-2010, 17:01:55 »
yesterday i played the first and the last time on this server. when the admins think, its ok to do nothing against some Nazinicks like (SS/Gestapo) play alone. thats not good behavoir and not a reference for this server.

Firstly, Im not trying to justify the things that the Nazis did during the 30's and 40's.

Not that Im even interested (:>) but what's the problem with this? Are you boycoting servers where the player called The-People's-Armed-Police-Force (Chinese police forces) is playing?

How come its ok for you to play as german soldier then? After all, there were nazis among them. That argument of yours is especially ridiculous with the SS. What do you think, is it ok to play with nicknames such as Alexander the Great or Ivan the Terrible (they're murderers aswell, you know?)

It may be a bit vulgar to play with those nicknames, but it  definitely isnt worth a ban. People is swearing too and that offens me. They deserve a life long ban, right?

Just get over it.

edit: tyop of the week :>
« Last Edit: 23-01-2010, 17:01:51 by Kugelschreiber »

Offline Ciupita

• Gay Lord
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 07-02-2010, 21:02:25 »

God I hate fighting about this...
SS were elite units of Germany, that's why people want to potray them. All armies in WW2 did war crimes and soviet normal frontline units did more war crimes than SS, Wehrmacht and western allies armies together. Why isn't no-one saying anything if I make a clan from soviet division?

I'm not a nazi or antisemitic and absolutley not anti-communist, i'm a left-winger. But I still want to use SS-division name while playing, because I find german WW2 military interesting and Waffen-SS were the elite of them, with most advanced weapons and other equipment.

Offline hslan.totaler_humbug

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
    • hslan
« Reply #9 on: 07-02-2010, 22:02:54 »
The problems are the laws in germany. We as the serverowners have the duty to keep it clean. And in my personal opinion it´s totally wayne for me, if the the guy I´m playing with is a rassicst, communist, mujaheddin or the flying-spagetti-monster, just leave me alone with your political opinion. As I am doing the same.
We need to be able, to throw Thermos out of Spotterplanes.

Offline Ciupita

• Gay Lord
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 07-02-2010, 23:02:30 »
The problems are the laws in germany. We as the serverowners have the duty to keep it clean. And in my personal opinion it´s totally wayne for me, if the the guy I´m playing with is a rassicst, communist, mujaheddin or the flying-spagetti-monster, just leave me alone with your political opinion. As I am doing the same.

Yup, I know german laws. TBH, I hate politics :)

Offline :| Hi

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 07-02-2010, 23:02:47 »

You have something against us pastafarians?  :'(

Its ok, I converted to Matrixism: The path of the One yesterday

[2:06:54 PM] Tolga: cant use tha shit underwater -Tolga on the G3