Author Topic: more maps like omaha  (Read 2648 times)

Offline Martinlegend

• Tigerfear in FH2?
    • View Profile
more maps like omaha
« on: 29-05-2014, 18:05:16 »
in my eyes Omaha is one of the best balanced maps in fh2 because simply 4 reasons

1. not too much tanks - tanks are too commonin fh2  that makes not Special so the Players are more used to waste them - because they allways spawn evry 2 minutes
on maps like ramelle there will be used with more care because the Players know that there qwill be no Tigers if they will be destroyed - and the Sappers will also take more care of them then on other maps

2. good Balance between tanks and At weapons - ist not very usefull to drive a tankwhena bazooks wait behind the next Corner/hedge and on Omaha ist good balanced becaue the at have to be there where the tanks are and not just sit and wait for them because the at kits are placed all over the map

3. capping row - the most important hing is that the have aclear frontline with open field were a single infantry man will never be able to cross it without getting seen and thats good in my eyes - too much maps are available were every Player wants to sneak thru the enemy lines and lay AT mines on the roads or AP mines in spawn buildings - you cant not watch every angle of the map and that makes Omaha different you have to Fioght your way to the flag and not just sneak around

4. not reccapable flags - if the first 3 flags are taken the enemy have to withdraw from the flags to defend the last 3 oney and that Ends this boring Cats-and mouse game like on Copra where the Crossroads flag will be retaken after the first 2 minutes after the amercians have caprured it
and if an american come back to recap it thegermans just sneak around them and take Trainstaion back  and than they repeat the process - or they come from chruch or airfield to Retake it
thats not possible on Omaha because its big enough for flanking botit doesnt leave thechance for sneaking around because of the open fields on both sides
and makes this map the best balanced map in fh2 history for me!

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
Re: more maps like omaha
« Reply #1 on: 29-05-2014, 23:05:31 »
I stopped reading after the first line...

I guess it's your opinion, mine is different. Omaha is currently not balanced. Can the devs make it balanced (so equal teams have an equal chance of winning?). I guess we'll have to wait and see...
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 29-05-2014, 23:05:34 »
Interestingly, according to the 762 map balance stats, Omaha is won more often by the Allies than by the Axis.  ;D

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 29-05-2014, 23:05:07 »
Interestingly, according to the 762 map balance stats, Omaha is won more often by the Allies than by the Axis.  ;D

That info is worthless without taking into account player numbers of the rounds...
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 30-05-2014, 00:05:58 »

That info is worthless without taking into account player numbers of the rounds...

Yes, that's why I increased allied tickets.

Offline PanzerKnacker

• Tommyjäger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 30-05-2014, 15:05:21 »
in my eyes Omaha is one of the best balanced maps in fh2 because simply 4 reasons

1. I play as German, all the time. And it's awesome because I have a machinegun and the enemy doesn't have cover.

2. The Americans only get the shitty M5 Stuart and we get PAKs and stuff. Awesome.

3. Even if we lose the bunkers, the Americans still need to go over big open focken fields where I can mow them down with my machinegun

4. The enemy can't cap the town behind our backs and, even though it means that we can't recap the bunkers, it's still awesome because I get enough kills whatever the outcome. Awesome MG42!!!1!1

and that makes this map the best balanced map in fh2 history for me!

fixed
He was not wrong. Amateurs talk tactics, pros talk logistics.

Offline Martinlegend

• Tigerfear in FH2?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 30-05-2014, 16:05:28 »
1. you have 4 howitzers and sniper rifles that can easily pick out the machinguns and smoke grenades that can hide you from the enemy - if you are too stupid to use them i cant help you...

2. ive killed more enemys with a panzer 4 than other ppl did with a tiger so ist the Driver who makes the difference and not the tank

3. did you ever seen how many machine guns the Germans have? i counted only 3 mobile machine guns and on the last flags are only 2 fixed one

4. your only pissed because youre one of the guys who thinks that he can win this map by capping unprotected flags and earning Points this way

and waht did you expect? this is Omaha beach and not a walk in the park...
teamplay is the Thing that you Need on this map and that makes this map different from other maps where everyone can run around like headless chicken
« Last Edit: 30-05-2014, 16:05:25 by Martinlegend »

Offline Wulfburk

• We are no longer the Sons of Horus!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 30-05-2014, 19:05:07 »
Gold beach so much better IMO

Offline Stubbfan

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 30-05-2014, 20:05:53 »
Like we say in Sweden.. smaken är som baken.. delad  8)

Offline Jimi Hendrix

• Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 30-05-2014, 21:05:46 »
Like we say in Sweden.. smaken är som baken.. delad  8)

Taste is like a butt—divided

;D

Offline Jimi Hendrix

• Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 31-05-2014, 01:05:57 »
 The new tickets on Omaha made a HUGE difference for the Allies.

We won the round with about 400+ tickets remaining.

;)