Author Topic: Picture of the Day (Other eras)  (Read 905557 times)

Offline Born2Kill 007

• Anytime, baby
  • Professional accountancy hater
    • View Profile
Re: Picture of the Day (Other eras)
« Reply #8760 on: 05-06-2017, 09:06:42 »
Ще ми се изпържи картофа
#FreeDamaso

Offline Hjaldrgud

• BF2 Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #8761 on: 05-06-2017, 23:06:34 »

This is in my city. What is this?

"Generous and brave men live the best" -Hávamál

Offline Dukat

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8762 on: 05-06-2017, 23:06:09 »
^^ I'd like to know as well.

For quite a while now it is back and forth in the desert east of Palmyra, as ISIS is successively repulsing the Syrian Arab Army & Allies from their stronghold at the settlement of Arak, Homs Governorate, Syria, June 5th, 2017.

Extra:
Warning: Graphical Image: You Tube: Drone Footage: Free Syrian Army ambushes Syrian Arab Army & Allies in al-Manshiyah, Daraa, Daraa Governorate, Syria, June 5th, 2017, 720p
« Last Edit: 05-06-2017, 23:06:45 by Dukat »

I usually imagine my own sounds with it, like `tjunk, tupdieyupdiedee` aaa enemy spotted, ratatatataboom

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8763 on: 06-06-2017, 05:06:28 »

99% sure it's a Sheridan

Russian base in Latakia. Captured hell cannons, diy mortars and rocket launchers

Offline Sander93

• View Profile
« Reply #8764 on: 06-06-2017, 08:06:35 »

It's an M551 Sheridan light tank.
(turret is facing to its left and the gun has been removed)

« Last Edit: 06-06-2017, 08:06:26 by Sander93 »

Offline Hjaldrgud

• BF2 Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #8765 on: 06-06-2017, 15:06:11 »
Thank you for the answer!

Now an unsolvable question appeared: What does a rusted corpse of an American only serviced tank do on top of a container in Norway  ;D

"Generous and brave men live the best" -Hávamál

Offline Born2Kill 007

• Anytime, baby
  • Professional accountancy hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #8766 on: 07-06-2017, 13:06:00 »

HMS Redoubtable shelling Westende (Belgium) with one flooded torpedo bulge to increase range on the main battery
Ще ми се изпържи картофа
#FreeDamaso

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8767 on: 10-06-2017, 02:06:26 »

Apparently, the SAA made a push and made it to the Iraqi Border, connecting with PMU. This complicates the US backed insurgents as they keep resisting the Syrian push towards Al-Tanf, amid US Air Force bombings.

At the same time, the SDF entered the city of Raqqa, it sounds too weird to me, their capital is under siege yet they concentrate their efforts against Deir ez-Zor, I don't know. When the PMU and the Kurd approached Mosul, ISIS responded by sending wave after wave of car bombs, when the SDF made it to Raqqa, ISIS barely released propaganda about it.

Also, there are still clashes between Philippine troops and pro-ISIS insurgents in Marawi.

Offline Dukat

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8768 on: 10-06-2017, 02:06:29 »
^^ The military command and the civilian government of the Islamic State was moved to Mayadin, al-Bukamal and al-Qa'im, the families of ISIS official fled with them, the remaining population is fleeing now. ISIS flooded the city districts below Euphrates River level a week or two ago, having totally pulled back into the depth of the city. Raqqah isn't capital any longer.

Thank you for the answer!

Now an unsolvable question appeared: What does a rusted corpse of an American only serviced tank do on top of a container in Norway  ;D

I don't think it is that rusted, as this is an aluminium tank. The armor is just very, very weak. Thus I think these tanks have been discharged. It is basically scrap or an memorial for eternity.

Picture:

Military situation in southern Syria: Free Syrian Army launched a counterassault at al-Zulof, including Coalition airstrikes near Zaza Checkpoint, while Syrian Arab Army launch a new operation taking Tal Dakwa, Rif Dimashq, Syria, June 8th, 2017.

Extra:
Footage: Shite militias published footage of an coalition Global Hawk drone mid-flight, one day before an iranian micro drone was reportedly shot down in the southern syrian desert by coalition aviation, June 7th, 2017
« Last Edit: 10-06-2017, 02:06:53 by Dukat »

I usually imagine my own sounds with it, like `tjunk, tupdieyupdiedee` aaa enemy spotted, ratatatataboom

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8769 on: 10-06-2017, 03:06:28 »
What Dukat said.  Raqqah has long been abandoned as a main city- they've left behind enough guys (estimates ~2500-4000) to effectively turn the whole thing into a long, brutal battle, but they pulled all remaining resources out.  They're throwing everything they can at Deir Ez Zor because, if they can finally crush it fully, they would be able to create a box of a last stand around it, Mayadin, al-Bukamal, and al-Qa'im.  Right now, they know it's gonna end for their little run, but they want to make it last as long as possible.

That said, there are reports now that they're arming Raqqah citizens and forcing them to fight the SDF (most likely interspersing them amoungst actual ISIL forces and holding families hostage to force them to obey), so that'll be a shitshow.  Good chance they'll use them as forced suicide bombers as well (blow yourself up or we torture your family to death, etc).

Offline Dukat

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile

Offline Dukat

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8771 on: 11-06-2017, 21:06:15 »

Military situation in eastern Syria, June 11th, 2017.

Extra:

This might be useful in the near future: Ar-Raqqah by districts and important locations, Raqqah Governorate, Syria, June 9th, 2017.

Offline Dukat

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8772 on: 13-06-2017, 01:06:01 »

Military situation in Mosul area, Nineveh Governorate, Iraq, June 9th, 2017.

Extra:
orienteering test:
Footage: Rojava News: YPG found ISIS tunnel from neighborhood of al-Mashalab in Raqqa, Raqqah Governorate, Syria, June 12th, 2017, 720p

Based on the footage from Raqqah, I do not believe in the thousands of ISIS fighters to be entrenched in Raqqah, which are being reported again and again. It rather looks like the city is abandoned and only held by a suicide garrison left behind to create some resistance.

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8773 on: 13-06-2017, 02:06:58 »
Again, makes sense, and, if so, means that Raqqah should go faster than expected and with much fewer civilian casualties.

Offline Dukat

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8774 on: 14-06-2017, 02:06:02 »