Author Topic: Berlin  (Read 21510 times)

Offline blander

• View Profile
Re: Berlin
« Reply #180 on: 26-10-2018, 03:10:37 »
The map will come out in the community map pack, not an official FH2 update. I´m relatively new to mapping so I don´t know how to port stuff from FHSW.

After the map is released I will work on a balance patch and I will try to finish some half-done statics to add more unique content for the map (there are a couple of previously unused buildings already). I´m delighted to have the new ISU-152 and ISU-122 available right in time before finishing the map, I will definately add them.

Since it´s the first map I make, I lost a lot of time figuring things out and re-doing and improving things over and over again. Right now I´m adressing minor aesthetic details, the gameplay work is complete.

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: 26-10-2018, 18:10:23 »
I´m delighted to have the new ISU-152 and ISU-122 available right in time before finishing the map, I will definately add them.
Don't. Just use the ISU-152 with the DShK (a proper variant for the Battle of Berlin) and avoid using too many vehicles of different types for no reason. Those affect map performance.

Offline FiveStars

• View Profile
« Reply #182 on: 26-10-2018, 19:10:59 »
Don't. Just use the ISU-152 with the DShK (a proper variant for the Battle of Berlin) and avoid using too many vehicles of different types for no reason. Those affect map performance.
I agree. Plus the DSHK ISU-152 version will be a perfect addition, both as an assault gun, and a heavy IFV

Offline Ivancic1941

• View Profile
« Reply #183 on: 28-10-2018, 21:10:50 »
Wow  nice project. Where do you get time for this level of detail to do  :D :D And plus that old computer, I know how shit it can be to work with

Would like to see more pic, and some from sky to see how big it would be on end.
Floppy Wardisc or Floppy Wierdbear

Offline blander

• View Profile
« Reply #184 on: 31-10-2018, 09:10:13 »

Offline FiveStars

• View Profile
« Reply #185 on: 31-10-2018, 10:10:39 »
I think Flippy or Jan said this, but it would be better to have the DSHK version of the ISU

Offline blander

• View Profile
« Reply #186 on: 31-10-2018, 10:10:26 »
Yeah, I didn´t really pay attention when I selected it. I´m hoping to finish placing statics soon so I can do the lightmap.

Offline Knochenlutscher

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: 01-11-2018, 15:11:00 »
My grandpa was wounded in Seelow, then taken to Lazaret in Müncheberg.
End of April 1945 he received leave and should assign at new Service.
Which he didn't instead walked to Berlin by Foot.
Throwing away the new postings, he made his way to his parents flat
in Charlottenburg, right in time when Berlin was under Siege.
I know he went there via Straussberg and Pankow
through thin opened corridors. He slept 1 day at his Aunt in Pankow and continued his way
to Charlottenburg.
There where either ruins or in the intact houses 2 types of flats,
completely housed/closed flats or robbed out/opened.
At the beginning of WW2 Closed flats where of the inhabitants
flew outside Berlin and the remaining Neighbours quickly opened and emptied these
(robbery,vandalizing) in the late war era. My grandpa caught the neighbours in act doing so
at my great grandparents flat, who lived near Borgsdorf in their Gardenresidence.
He mocked away the neighbours and recollected every piece from the street, floor building
and out of the hands of the neighbours he could get. All familly values, Meißner Porcelaine,
was stolen. That was high life in wartime Berlin.

Apart from the battledamage/bombing etc., my grandpa told me, his Berlin was a trash dump,
litter everywhere. Only small areas kept buisilly clean, like the neighbourhouse at Kaminerstr.
where a 90 year old chap cleaned the yard in daily manner. The rest, nobody seemed to care,
maybe they ate the broomsticks or fired it at each other while stealing stuff...
"Klaatu... verata... n... Necktie. Nectar. Nickel. Noodle."

Offline blander

• View Profile
« Reply #188 on: 01-11-2018, 20:11:27 »
That´s sad to hear. From the pictures I´ve seen the city was quite littered as you say. The problem is that I´m at the limit of static objects I can place. I´m not sure wether performance will be good. I´d like to release the map with 6000 statics. If it proves to be unstable I will have to remove statics up to the point where it becomes playable.

Offline Knochenlutscher

• Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: 01-11-2018, 22:11:46 »
All good, I'm following your Map works with eager patience.
I like the effort you put through and how you think about
getting us some specialties, like the dugin tanks and barricades.
I'm sure it's worth it's stand.
Keep up the good job
"Klaatu... verata... n... Necktie. Nectar. Nickel. Noodle."

Offline nysä

• View Profile
« Reply #190 on: 02-11-2018, 11:11:23 »
If you ever got the time, I'd recommend doing little mashup on the Tiger I.
This would require some modelling & texturing skills, but basically what you need is an early chassis with a turret from the late production. The chassis from "DAK Tiger" would do great, if you have skills to remove the Feifel air filters + the non-standard mudguards, exhaust heat shields, headlights. This would actually represent very typical Tiger I in 1945, since the last 50+ were produced from recycled early chassis' with upgraded/rebuild turret...

The only unit that had few late production Tigers left (after January '45) was Panzer-Abteilung (Funklenk) 301, but their battles ended in Ruhr (sources: "Tigers in Combat" by W. Schneider and "Germany's Tiger Tanks: D.W. to Tiger I" by Jentz & Doyle)
« Last Edit: 02-11-2018, 13:11:11 by nysä »

Offline blander

• View Profile
« Reply #191 on: 02-11-2018, 18:11:54 »
That´s interesting though way too complicated for my knowledge. The next thing I want to try is bringing back to life the old Pavlov´s house from FH1. It´s in the test folder from static objects. It´s missing the LODs. I´ll try to create those once the map is released. If I ever get to fix the building I will add it to the map, replacing other generic houses.

Offline blander

• View Profile
« Reply #192 on: 03-11-2018, 10:11:25 »
Testing some textures

« Last Edit: 03-11-2018, 10:11:56 by blander »

Offline Yakovlev

• View Profile
« Reply #193 on: 04-11-2018, 00:11:17 »
Great effort man i wish you all the best with your project !!

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: 04-11-2018, 01:11:35 »
I think the Friseur looks OK, the others are waiting for some imporvement: the letters look pretty fake on the buildings. I know this is hard to get right, but as it is this is a bit of an mmersion killer, not in the least because of the font type you chose (esp Apotheke should be in different letters imo).