Author Topic: Living dangerous: Behind enemy lines  (Read 4522 times)

Offline General_Henry

• View Profile
Living dangerous: Behind enemy lines
« on: 10-11-2009, 15:11:40 »
Stealth, deadly, the ultimate mission of you, behind enemy lines, is to cause forever troubles for your enemies.

1. What's behind enemy lines?

Generally, when you are not fighting in place your enemies expected to be, in particular, the territory which your enemies are supposed to be firmly secured.

2. How's it like?

While behind enemy lines, you are out of expectation of your enemies. Usually, when you really caused some annoyance to your enemies, like keep blowing up their tanks, vehicles, shooting their lone soldiers, there would be then some dedicated soldier(s) to hunt you down by all means, there would be infantries try to spot you and mow you down, tanks to try to drive you out of the bushes with their HE shells, or worse, planes to strafe and bomb you to pieces.

It's easy to see, unless you are acting really tricky and skillful, you would mostly get killed before causing enough damage to compensate the effort to get behind the lines.

3. What you need
Typically, people carry rifles, AT weapons, landmines, smoke grenades, explosives on such missions.

Obviously, you would be outnumbered most of the time and thus direct confrontation would be the most stupid method, short-ranged weapons like SMGs should be mostly avoided unless you have no choice. Rifles are best since they could kill by one shot and thus lower you chance of getting detected (obviously, it's more easy to locate you if they hear continuous bursts)

You would certainly like to destroy those damn armour that keeps rolling to the front and kills you teammates. You have enormous advantage of back there, first, people would be less alert while driving in somewhere which is supposed to be secured, making it easier to surprise those tankers, also, tanks driving out of main bases are mostly unsupported by infantry and makes them easier prey.

In africa, landmines are you friend, even laying them on the road would leave a few burning wrecks there. Of course, a hint would be not to lay all 3 mines you have, reserve one for special purpose.

Mines are especially useful when you try to shift you location, it effectively seals the route your enemies would use to hunt you down, nothing more rewarding than a guy that think he had got you to be blown to pieces.

Binoculars, a magical tool that not only magnifies the battlefield, but also could tell effectively where the enemy is. In addition to that some dedicated gunners are ready to put shells on the ass of tanks/AT guns that are camping your teammates to death. Only one thing to remind is that, your player model speaks when you spot/report enemy positions, you would certainly like to avoid that when you are close to a bunch of enemies.

At last, smoke, yup, smoke grenades, are magical stuffs to confuse your enemies, as people naturally would like to figure out what the hell is in the smoke. Your enemies would start running randomly like the smoke particles if they are engulfed by smoke, perfect chance to shoot them.

4. Stealth

There are some important points to bear in mind to maintain stealth

a. Fire to kill
The first principle of maintaining stealth, if you can't kill, the noise of your gun quickly expose your position

b. Radio/chat silence
No voice commands, no grenades, no smoke grenades unless needed/unauditable to enemies.

c. Don't run in the open
Even an idiot could spot people running in the open easily, if necessary, even try to crawl up.

d. Shifting your position
Soon people would start throwing nades into suspected places, or worse, artillery landing on you, better not risk that.

e. No engines!
I am pretty sure that stealth is impossible with engine on, also, minimaps would betray you and give away your position when you bail.

5. The fox's way

a. Irregular attacks
don't keep shooting your enemies in the same place, I mean, don't let your enemies to keep dying in the same place. Let them survive, this could make an impression that you have left the area. Sometimes it also makes your enemy extremely nervous and waste their battlefield resources on trying to spot you.

b. decoy mines
S mines could be a good way to deceive your enemies of which direction you are at, other than placing them near you, place one away from you.

c. patience
it's sometimes not a good idea to attack targets that's tough to deal with, such as a blob of infantries.

d. decoy squadmembers
to let your squad leader to shift postion or escape(if you have any...), a good idea is to have squad members to attract firepower somewhere away from the escape path.

e. use enemy stuffs
get ammo from enemy APCs, get stuffs from people you shot or even use their MG / AT guns when needed.

Thanks for your reading, this is the end of my sharing.
« Last Edit: 10-11-2009, 16:11:06 by General_Henry »

Offline hslan.totaler_humbug

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
    • hslan
Re: Living dangerous: Behind enemy lines
« Reply #1 on: 10-11-2009, 16:11:52 »
Nice list

d. decoy squadmembers
to let your squad leader to shift postion or escape(if you have any...), a good idea is to have squad members to attract firepower somewhere away from the escape path.

Atleast this point is very important, not only if you´re behind enemy lines.
For example: I was in Corvax-sqaud and we were playing Crete as germans. We tried to attack the Rearguard, but must soon recognize that it was full of enemys. So we decided to distract them by further attacking them, while Corvax slowly moved to Hill 107. When he reached the flag we all spawned at him and captured quikly and save, because they were all spawning at the Rearguard.
We need to be able, to throw Thermos out of Spotterplanes.

Offline Gl@mRock

• À vaincre sans périls, on triomphe sans gloire.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 11-11-2009, 22:11:32 »
I was cut from my squad on PDH, I drop my weapon and grab a Garand. I start shooting the American as they were moving away, they didn't pay attention to me 'cus they were hearing a friendly weapon. I got a few only to get TK'ed a bit later  :'(

Offline hslan.totaler_humbug

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
    • hslan
« Reply #3 on: 12-11-2009, 01:11:21 »
Yeah indeed. Your biggest enemy when behind enemy lines are teammates, which are to lazy to watch the minimap.
We need to be able, to throw Thermos out of Spotterplanes.

Offline Desertfox

• Knowledge is power, and power corupts.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12-11-2009, 01:11:04 »
My biggest enemy was running out of ammo

Offline :| Hi

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 12-11-2009, 02:11:59 »
Bushes: Use them.

[2:06:54 PM] Tolga: cant use tha shit underwater -Tolga on the G3

Offline General_Henry

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 12-11-2009, 09:11:58 »
My biggest enemy was running out of ammo

enemy APCs are your friend.

Offline maj_winters

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 03-08-2010, 06:08:59 »
Well, if you can do all that, then your truly an OSS (Office of Strategic Services) agent.

These were the top men from all branches that were sent in to do all the things listed in your list, but, more importantly, the gather information on any and all enemy targets and report them to the commander.

The commander would then send in more OSS agents to destroy important targets, such as: tanks (and not just one), aircraft, and booby-trap enemy bunkers and gun emplacements, destroy trains and their cargo from reaching the enemy and halting their war machine.

Hope this helps  :)   
Canadian Red Devils 1 Special Service Force

My great grandfather was a captain

Offline hankypanky

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 06-08-2010, 07:08:30 »
Reminds me of the time I spawn raped the British main in Mareth. I laid mines on the road, then I shot the Brit off his 25 pounder. Any tanks that got through got blown up by my stolen arty piece XD lol you can imagine the confusion of a tanker driving out of his main, only to get blown up by a "Friendly" 25 pounder XD 

I don't play cheap like that anymore lol. But it is important that you steal enemy AT guns and use em :D
My ingame name is [PUG]mr.hanky1945

Offline General_Henry

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 06-08-2010, 13:08:14 »
Reminds me of the time I spawn raped the British main in Mareth. I laid mines on the road, then I shot the Brit off his 25 pounder. Any tanks that got through got blown up by my stolen arty piece XD lol you can imagine the confusion of a tanker driving out of his main, only to get blown up by a "Friendly" 25 pounder XD  

I don't play cheap like that anymore lol. But it is important that you steal enemy AT guns and use em :D

better if you leave that place with a S mine near the 25 pounder. Then spot enemy tanks for your aircrafts/tanks...

pity that there are no commando kit with both S mine/Landmine... somehow the satchel kit in Tobruk have a S mine though. The "I'm awesome" kit in Tobruk with both landmines/Thermos nuke/rifle is probably the best kit ever. (not sure if it got wrenches)

Offline Excavus

• Member of the FH2 Cynic Club
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 06-08-2010, 14:08:00 »

You are the reason why I suggested an ABC line for that map. In fact you're probably the one who kept blowing me up.

Offline hankypanky

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 06-08-2010, 18:08:09 »

You are the reason why I suggested an ABC line for that map. In fact you're probably the one who kept blowing me up.

hahaha XD ya I don't know why that map doesn't have an APC line.
My ingame name is [PUG]mr.hanky1945

Offline Unleashed

• apocalyptic
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 17-08-2010, 19:08:22 »

e. No engines!
I am pretty sure that stealth is impossible with engine on, also, minimaps would betray you and give away your position when you bail.

This goes for other people as well. You're free to roam the enemy hinterland with your truck/tank while I'm out there spotting or lazing for artillery, but PLEASE KEEP YOUR DISTANCE. Nothing is more annoying than being discovered after 20 minutes of crawling through the mud because a friendly tank stopped on your side to ask if you need a lift. No, I obviously don't or otherwise I'd have requested that!

Even more annoying are idiots who park their transport in your vincinity, drawing the attention of every enemy in range to your position...
I wanna dance with the sun - reborn as a flame
This is the final chance - for glory and victory
I feel the honey in my veins - so bitter and so sweet
I wanna see the eagles fly - before I depart to die.

Offline kingtiger1891

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 18-08-2010, 06:08:02 »
Vehicles should be able to turn off their engine....don't know if it's possible to implement

Offline General_Henry

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 18-08-2010, 14:08:19 »
Vehicles should be able to turn off their engine....don't know if it's possible to implement

That'd be very nice... so your enemy can't hear your tiger's LOUD engine noise and locate you. It is very easy to locate a tank using engine noise if your intuition is good enough. (actually, just move around and see how the sound increase/decrease, you already had an idea of where the tank is.)