Author Topic: What have you modded recently?  (Read 43768 times)

Offline Wilhelm

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatester
    • View Profile
Re: What have you modded recently?
« Reply #15 on: 20-09-2014, 01:09:19 »
The current state (more or less) of my model of the Église Saint-Pierre-et-Saint-Paul de Coudehard, near Mont Ormel (Polish positions during Falaise Pocket).

This is a project I started a while back, but have not finished/touched for a long time.  Recently, [79th]Zmorg got some really great pictures of the church during an excursion into the area...however, I have yet to capitalize on his efforts in getting those pictures translated into further work on the model. :(

I tend to do things in phases of intense interest/progress, then long droughts of nothing as I move to another area of interest...I always cylce back, though, so I still hold out hope that I will finish this project!

Offline Stubbfan

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 20-09-2014, 01:09:58 »
a 'while back', really wilhelm  8)

Looking forwards to see this thing done.

Offline Wilhelm

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 20-09-2014, 01:09:27 »
a 'while back', really wilhelm  8)

Looking forwards to see this thing done.

Looking at the thread I posted about it, it looks like I worked on the actual model for about one to two weeks before I stopped...and that was back in September 2012.  2 years is a "while back" to me!  ;D

Offline Roughbeak

• Science of Hooting, PhD
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 21-09-2014, 00:09:04 »
If you can bring this house up to standard, I'd suggest submitting an application. Nissi and other devs can help you along the way. If you've got time to model and are willing to learn, you could be a good candidate 8)

Thanks for the suggestion, I have been thinking about it for quite a while. Although, I have to learn quite a bit more to get comfortable in doing this. :)

@Wilhelm: Very nice start, is this building enterable? I can't wait to see this church skinned!

Offline Wilhelm

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 21-09-2014, 04:09:52 »
@Wilhelm: Very nice start, is this building enterable? I can't wait to see this church skinned!

Unfortunately, no, it is not enterable.  I did not have any information on the interior of the building and I didn't want to make it up.  It is mainly just for "historical atmosphere" as it was one of several unique buildings in the area that the battle took place.

And I took a rather odd approach in order to try and get the dimensions right for the model:  I took the recommended door height for Battlefield 2 player models and then used the door cut out of a scale drawing of the church and used the magic of MSPaint to sort of measure out the various parts of the building.  I am not too skilled with numbers or have much experience with modelling (this is the first and only thing I have ever modelled), so this was what I came up with.  I think it actually came out quite well considering the drawing isn't a perfect representation of the building... :P

« Last Edit: 21-09-2014, 05:09:27 by Wilhelm »

Offline Nissi

• Developer
  • Aye!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 21-09-2014, 09:09:28 »
If you can bring this house up to standard, I'd suggest submitting an application. Nissi and other devs can help you along the way. If you've got time to model and are willing to learn, you could be a good candidate 8)

Thanks for the suggestion, I have been thinking about it for quite a while. Although, I have to learn quite a bit more to get comfortable in doing this. :)

Matt I'm coaching him through the first model for the time being. We will see how it turns out but I'm still optimistic. I'm going now to look for a whip and go back to the modelling dungeon.  :P

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 21-09-2014, 10:09:31 »
The house looks amazing! :D and yes, houses with interiors or generally Eastern Front buildings would be fantastic ;)
Wish I could model, but its damn hard :P
« Last Edit: 21-09-2014, 10:09:23 by Turkish007 »

Offline Roughbeak

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 21-09-2014, 15:09:11 »
The house looks amazing! :D and yes, houses with interiors or generally Eastern Front buildings would be fantastic ;)
Wish I could model, but its damn hard :P

Thanks, but you know, it's always tough for the first couple of weeks/months, and it get's better. :)

Just try and try.

Offline Roughbeak

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 23-09-2014, 04:09:53 »
Great news at last, after some heavy work, the lightmapping is at work in the Editor - with some help from FH2 dev Nissi. :)

« Last Edit: 23-09-2014, 05:09:22 by Roughbeak »

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 23-09-2014, 05:09:09 »
Well done! :o exporting it to that bug of an editor is almost more impressive than the modeling part.

Have you done lods?

Offline Roughbeak

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 23-09-2014, 05:09:54 »
Well done! :o exporting it to that bug of an editor is almost more impressive than the modeling part.

Have you done lods?

Thanks! Not yet with the Lods, soon though. :)

Offline FORGOTTENKEVINOHOPE

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 23-09-2014, 05:09:47 »
what would be more impressive is if that german had a stein of beer in one of his hands due to octoberfest!!!!

Offline sn00x

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 24-09-2014, 02:09:03 »
wat is dis.

No offence intended.

Offline Roughbeak

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 24-09-2014, 05:09:23 »
Ah yes, sorry, I think that might have got accidentally deleted when I was optimizing it.

It will be fixed along with the new lightmapping upgrade.
« Last Edit: 24-09-2014, 05:09:53 by Roughbeak »

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 24-09-2014, 11:09:46 »
I like it. Hope you polish it enough some day to get it in the official release. Static modelling is very important for the great immersion factor that was always a strong point in FH2.
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...