Author Topic: Forgotten Hope News Update: 21st May 2009: Silent Breakout  (Read 19690 times)

Offline Eat Uranium

• Tea Drinker
  • Global Moderator
  • Today's news will contain [REDACTED]
    • View Profile
    • FH2 Music
Re: Forgotten Hope News Update: 21st May 2009: Silent Breakout
« Reply #30 on: 22-05-2009, 00:05:43 »
Ok, so my first question is thus: how big is this map compared to maps like Alam Halfa or El Alemein?  It looks big, but its hard to judge the size because there is no reference to scale it properly.

[130.Pz]S.Tiemann

« Reply #31 on: 22-05-2009, 00:05:58 »
Greate update!!!

Love the glider and cant wait to play that map

Question on the minimap ther are 3 CP/Gray spots explain pls?? are they like regular flags just gray from the start off the round but both teams can cap them?

Ya i think they are flags that start grey and the ones with german flags start out german.

Offline Wasntmenl

• FHT Mapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 22-05-2009, 00:05:17 »
Awesome update.

The thing I am most thirlled about is actually all the awesome statics in the map  ;D
Great job FH2 team.

Offline Die Happy

• FH-Betatester
  • Live Long & Die Happy
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 22-05-2009, 00:05:38 »
Ok, so my first question is thus: how big is this map compared to maps like Alam Halfa or El Alemein?  It looks big, but its hard to judge the size because there is no reference to scale it properly.

from a feeling i would say it is about the size of el alamein but could be less it is hard to judge these things.

definitely one of my favorite maps, you get awesome infantry battles in the cagny area and overall tank fights on the open fields , well camouflaged AT gun positions and some little kitty's strolling around marking their territory.

as on all maps where once team attacks and the other defends the attacking tommys need to work together big time to overcome great obstacles on this map.
Live Long & Die Happy

azreal

« Reply #34 on: 22-05-2009, 00:05:25 »
sweet update to start my 4-day weekend. did not think the Horsa Glider was up to par already :D

Offline azn_chopsticks_boi

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 22-05-2009, 01:05:42 »
Good job, keep it up  8)

Offline [130.Pz]S.Lainer

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
    • 130th
« Reply #36 on: 22-05-2009, 01:05:23 »
  Super job guys!  Looking very nice!
http://www.bfewaw.com/campaigns/waw24/promo/campaign/waw24banner1.png
The purpose of this deployment was to "annoy and defy the United States ... on her with Bofors 40 mm guns from a range of 650

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 22-05-2009, 01:05:25 »

Judging from the minimap the cagny area seems to be about the size of the sidi rezegh airfield.

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 22-05-2009, 01:05:36 »
Lovely map, I loved the old Goodwood, and I bet I'll love this one too.  As for the Horsa, well....very nice hint ;)

Offline Cory the Otter

• Smoke me a kipper, I'll be home for breakfast.
    • View Profile
    • FA Profile
« Reply #39 on: 22-05-2009, 01:05:39 »
oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god!!!
I'm going to wet myself when this comes out! (metaphorically)

azreal

« Reply #40 on: 22-05-2009, 01:05:14 »
I'm not sure of the exact size of Goodwood, but it plays alot larger than it actually is, so no need to worry. Long range tank kills will still feel just as good as they do on El Al if not better.

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 22-05-2009, 02:05:54 »
God and i tought Gliders where impossible in the BF2 engine!

Lets see how this baby runs in FH2!

Offline General_Henry

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 22-05-2009, 03:05:50 »

from a feeling i would say it is about the size of el alamein but could be less it is hard to judge these things.

definitely one of my favorite maps, you get awesome infantry battles in the cagny area and overall tank fights on the open fields , well camouflaged AT gun positions and some little kitty's strolling around marking their territory.

as on all maps where once team attacks and the other defends the attacking tommys need to work together big time to overcome great obstacles on this map.

are there plenty of backcappings?  there are too many flags for a map without push!

btw if i suggest a push it would be like that of siege of tobruk.
« Last Edit: 22-05-2009, 03:05:23 by General_Henry »

Offline GirlsHateMe

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 22-05-2009, 03:05:36 »
GLIDERS!!! I CAN'T F*&KING BELIEVE IT  :o 

One question: are they flyable ?

And I must say Operation Goodwood looks awesomely stunning, so much detail is put in.

Good work FH guys  :)

« Last Edit: 22-05-2009, 03:05:39 by GirlsHateMe »

Offline AdamPA1006

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 22-05-2009, 04:05:43 »
I want everyone on this forum to pray that glider is flyable. On Pegasus. Everyone think about that for a minute