Author Topic: "Laggy" transition to ADS  (Read 418 times)

Offline PassingThrough

• View Profile
"Laggy" transition to ADS
« on: 20-08-2012, 20:08:14 »
Hi,

I recently got around updating to the new version and noticed something odd. Whenever I'm go from the normal view to aiming down the sights while looking around, there is some sort of laggy/stutter effect going on (happens regardless of ping).
It's hard to explain so here is a video that should show it clearly (even though it has a bad quality)

http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=157bq5u&s=6

I've played FH2 for quite a while and never noticed something similiar in previous versions (like 2.4). Changing graphics settings has no impact. This also doesn't happen in vanilla BF. And neither in Project Reality which has far biggger maps with more objects so I doubt it's a problem with my hardware (Win 7 64-bit, 4 GB RAM, ATI 4870 512 MB).

Maybe there has been some renderer/coding changes that could have caused this? Perhaps regarding this note in the changelog (Also new in version 2.45 is a tool that will fix stretching of the HUD and menu caused by different screen aspect ratios. )

Anyone else with the same problem?

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
Re: "Laggy" transition to ADS
« Reply #1 on: 20-08-2012, 20:08:46 »
I have this since... forever... It's probably caused by an error made really early in development, so early that it's impossible to track it... We'll just have to live with it.

Could be the hardware too... My 5770 is on par with your 4870 and I don't know if high(er) end users have this...
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline PassingThrough

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 21-08-2012, 16:08:05 »
Hm, and I was sure I hadn't seen this before (otherwise I would have complained earlier already, lol). Maybe I'll download the old release again and try it out.

Offline McCloskey

• Developer
  • Heart or head, either way Jerry's dead!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 22-08-2012, 02:08:10 »
This has to rank among the TOP5 most annoying issues in FH2.

Offline ajappat

• "Cheater"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 26-08-2012, 07:08:41 »
I think that's not too common problem. Maybe it happens on certain maps? Before 2.45 release, we were battling against such issue on Sidi Bou Zid, even people with high end PC's had this, though, I didn't with my dual core 3,2Ghz, 3 gig ram and radeon 6700.