Author Topic: "Installer is corrupt or incomplete ..." FH2 installation issues  (Read 768 times)

Offline Hockeywarrior

• One of the superior 5-digit numbers
    • View Profile
Last week I reformatted my HD so I'm reinstalling all of my programs. I downloaded both FH2 2.3 files yesterday via Filefront and when I unzipped the first one and opened it, it started verifying the installer and then this message popped up:

The installer you are trying to use is corrupted or incomplete. This could be the result of a damaged disk, a failed download, or a virus.

You may want to contact the author of this installer to obtain a new copy.

It may be possible to skip this check using the /NCRC command line switch (NOT RECOMMENDED)

I thought, hmm OK apparently the file from Filefront is corrupt. So I deleted the files and redownloaded both today through the torrent. No dice -- I get the exact same error message when I try to open the file, and I highly doubt I would get another corrupt file, let alone through torrent.

Any ideas? I really doubt the download failed again, and I know I don't have any viruses or a damaged HD.

« Last Edit: 16-10-2010, 23:10:41 by Hockeywarrior »

Check out my Red Orchestra, FH2, and shooting videos!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQK9lbdAEi9mAM5iGfHoeyA

Offline Ajs47951

• 1f u c4n r34d th1s u r34lly n33d t0 g3t l41d
    • View Profile
    • AJS
I had the same problem what i did was uninstall every thing BF2 and i went the the C: and delete the BF2 folder because the was still files in it so i reinstalled BF2 restart the pc and then i installed FH2 with no problems

you could try this and see if it works for you

allso before doing this to see if you hard drive is going bad

Using Start-> Run -> CMD open up the DOS window and then you could run a chkdsk /r or /p on the drive

Offline Hockeywarrior

• View Profile
I had the same problem what i did was uninstall every thing BF2 and i went the the C: and delete the BF2 folder because the was still files in it so i reinstalled BF2 restart the pc and then i installed FH2 with no problems

you could try this and see if it works for you

allso before doing this to see if you hard drive is going bad

Using Start-> Run -> CMD open up the DOS window and then you could run a chkdsk /r or /p on the drive
I already ran checks on my HD. Everything is peachy -- used Hitachi's test which is one of the best out there, period.

So It's a BF2 issue then? how weird, considering as far as I know the file hadn't even started installing yet.

Offline Ajs47951

• 1f u c4n r34d th1s u r34lly n33d t0 g3t l41d
    • View Profile
    • AJS
are you using the Forgotten Hope 2 Patch 2.26 to 2.3 because that win i got the problem and i just reinstalled FH2 and I allso deleted All the custom mods I had like maps and the zombie mod

Offline Hockeywarrior

• View Profile
are you using the Forgotten Hope 2 Patch 2.26 to 2.3 because that win i got the problem and i just reinstalled FH2 and I allso deleted All the custom mods I had like maps and the zombie mod

No I downloaded both files for the full version.