Author Topic: An offer to our players - [762] RANKED #4 [PREM] [100p]  (Read 14787 times)

Offline Erwin

• Admin of CMP-Gaming
    • View Profile
    • Collaborative Multiplayer Gaming
Re: An offer to our players - [762] RANKED #4 [PREM] [100p]
« Reply #15 on: 01-04-2015, 13:04:35 »
We won't use this money for:

- Blackjack
- Hookers
- Expensive bourbon.
- Teddy bears.

But for:
- Founding a Research Facility to asses the problem and cure people who still manages to install the damn thing at wrong place.  ;)
- Noob stick will be back in FH2.
- Nuclear bomb feature.
- Festung doctrine. You can build impregnable walls around your flags.
- It's still up!
- No it ain't.

Offline Airshark79

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 01-04-2015, 13:04:53 »
Very interesting. Map pool is a great idea.
« Last Edit: 01-04-2015, 13:04:47 by Airshark79 »

Offline Prx!!

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 01-04-2015, 15:04:02 »
This is the biggest bullshit idea ever. period. Ive already payed for bf2.  >:(
What is this world of tanks?!

Im sorrry guys but this is not the way to keep the server up. try something different. i am actually a little pissed off about it.

wait, this must be a aprils fools joke right.

« Last Edit: 01-04-2015, 16:04:30 by Prx!! »

Offline Prx!!

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 01-04-2015, 15:04:02 »
Incredible!! This is something I was waiting to boost my XP level!

Count on me!! ;D

YES go and camp around uncaps or behind abc line or lay behind a bush all map long, care only about yourself. thats what this mod is all about. own xp levels and own scores.

Offline Prx!!

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 01-04-2015, 15:04:19 »
The biggest problem with fh2 is that the ''Devs'' dont run a server. A release is made and put online. After that it seems that anyone with a server can do whatever he likes with the mod.

There is no basis. Here a great mod, go figure it out.

Offline Chad1992

• Back in the Swing of Things
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 01-04-2015, 16:04:02 »
Finally being able to play with an illustrious circle of people that know how to play this game is a very good thing. The public servers are certainly not good for my blood pressure. The next time you get killed at the main-base for a tank or plane, think about a 762 Premium membership.
This is a rather silly argument, because one of two things is bound to happen.  You will either be playing 64 based maps with maybe 20 guys or the noobs will pay to play and you'll still be stuck with them and you'll be out some money.

Offline Wualy

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 01-04-2015, 16:04:55 »
Incredible!! This is something I was waiting to boost my XP level!

Count on me!! ;D

YES go and camp around uncaps or behind abc line or lay behind a bush all map long, care only about yourself. thats what this mod is all about. own xp levels and own scores.

Tsk, tsk, tsk... I didn´t said a single word about doing any of the things you are talking about and, to be honest, never did such things. Do you? There are a lot of ways to increase the XP level in this game and, for sure, playing as a team, is the best one. Why is for you so bad that someone wants a small "extra" if he wants to pay for it?. People is doing same in WOT, for example so, where is the problem?

Offline Alubat

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 01-04-2015, 16:04:09 »
I like the idea of paying something to play this awesome game. but im not sure what is a god sollution.

I like that the pro´s and noobs play on same server. I think that is what makes this game awesome and is needed to have a good & fun experience of gaming.

I can understand the frustration but I find it sometimes funny when someone wine about others steal their tank or ship. Its unrealistic that the driver & pilot can also repair.
If you want to keep your equipment, operate it like a Pro. Get a team to help you protect it.
Find a Co driver or lobby boy to take the front seat while you go to wc, tell him 5. min later that he can leave his seat now :-)
Stop bitching about virtual materialism. Its just a game

In the end its al about having a good Ping/Latency
What happens when someone with ping 400-800ms pays to play the server ??

Offline Wulfburk

• We are no longer the Sons of Horus!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 01-04-2015, 16:04:45 »
Adding this pretty much destroys the chance of getting new players. And everyone that doesnt has a credit card or pay pal account (like me) will be out as well.

I mean imagine a new guy just got BF2 and installed the mod...Checks for servers and the only onebeing playable is locked. Does a quick search and finds out its cause you gotta pay, desinstalls BF2 and never comes back.

But now that i think of.... its probably an april fools joke.

Well i fell for the one that said FH2 would get a singleplayer campaign as well to that one that said FH2 would be completely black and white o.O

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 01-04-2015, 16:04:17 »
Opening my paypal today. Posting messages here will be for premium members only. Each forum section is priced differently, off-topic goes for 2,99€ per message, general discussion a 4,99€ and suggestions 9,99€.

Offline Jimi Hendrix

• Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 01-04-2015, 16:04:03 »
April Fools...........

You got me Odium..........

asshole

;D

Offline TheSpectre

• I will h(a)unt you down
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 01-04-2015, 17:04:54 »
Opening my paypal today. Posting messages here will be for premium members only. Each forum section is priced differently, off-topic goes for 2,99€ per message, general discussion a 4,99€ and suggestions 9,99€.
can we at least have a 50% refund for suggestions if they are good?

no but seriously i dont know if this is the right way to go for now. that its the right way long term is quite clear. but if i'm looking at the playerbase right now i have my doubts. sometimes even at good "times" the server abrely has 64 players hanging around at 50-60 for a very longtime. splitting this with a premium server is pretty risky.
what could happen in my eyes are 2 scenarios

a)
only a small party of the playerbase goes premium and people at some point would just stop playing on the premium server. playing with 20 people only can be ok for some time but ONLY for some time.
people would stop and probably even have months of premium left. its maybe no big deal then since they still earned their financial support by providing us with their great server and people would gladly letting them keep their money.
but what happens at the start when premium server is still played is that you have to subtract these 20 player or whatever from the regular server. at super prime time it would be no big deal. 20-30 on 1 server if they like it and 70-80 on the regular one.
but what is with all the countless hours before and after the prime times where u barely get 50-60 people sometimes, on some african maps its getting even worse.
subtract there 10-20 players (premium playerbase is also ofc affected by prime time)
that is huge and will also influence the non-premiumplayer by providing a less epic experience, especially for new players.
so there is a high chance that it will not only be enough paying player but also decreasing the other playerbase.

b)
its a sucess among the current playerbase. people love you for providing them with servers for this incredible game and gladly pay for premium. lets say 50%-70% get premium which is huge.
take a look at the playerbases now.
you will have a healthy premiums erver running with lets assume 50-60 people at prime time and 25-40 at semi-prime times which is still good and enjoyable.
but what leaves that for the rest? the new players you want to bind to this game,the ones who maybe cant afford it  or the ones also mentioned here with no paypal or credit card? and last but not least the ones who just dont care about the premium features and stuff and who are happy with things the way they are now. they would be left behind with a barely populated server which would immediatly start to slowly die over weeks or months. scaring new players away with a mandatory monthly/yearly fee since the free server are empty anyways or barely populated.

dont get me wrong im no fortune teller. but these 2 outcomes are the only ones i can think of if i calmly and objectivly put 1 and 1 together.
if you had a playerbase with right now with 2 or maybe 3 full servers i would blindly support this idea and say go for it.
successfully separating your community into premium and non-premium goes hand in hand with a big healthy playerbase.
this one IS a healthy playerbase but only big enough for 1 server in my oppinion.

edit: wait what aprils fool?? awww comeon it was the 31.3. over here....oh fuck you :D:D :D
« Last Edit: 01-04-2015, 17:04:14 by TheSpectre »

Offline x4fun ODIUM

• View Profile
    • www.762-ranking.de
« Reply #27 on: 01-04-2015, 18:04:10 »
April Fools...........
 You got me Odium..........
asshole
 ;D
^^
Blame Sandre, this one was his idea and a damn good one, I might add.
Thx for the help from FHT!!! We had some nice hours of pressing F5.

The knee mortar is real, you may see him, soon.
If you wanna join our PREMIUM server, PW---> "aprilapril". ;)

Kind Regards / MfG
x4fun I<ODIUM>I

Offline Matthew_Baker

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 01-04-2015, 18:04:40 »
I'll admit, you had me for about half the post, then I looked at the date and decided to sit back and watch this thread develop. Well played ;D

Offline RAnDOOm

• Portugal - Surfs Paradise in Europe
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 01-04-2015, 18:04:57 »
AHAHAHAH

We got quite a few people actually believing it.   ;D