Author Topic: Explosion Effects  (Read 855 times)

Offline Vergeltungswaffe

• View Profile
Explosion Effects
« on: 25-12-2009, 22:12:27 »
I'm wondering if you Guys plan to improve the Explosion Effects any further?

The Vehicle "Explosions" now are less spectacular than the one we had before 2.2 and the Explosion Smoke (NOT the one from the Wrackage!) disappears way too fast...

Also the Ground Shell Impacts are nicely done, but the soaring Dirt/Smoke fades out too fast.

Well that's just my humble opinion of course, but I hope you get what I mean :P

Offline Aggroman

• FH-Betatester
  • This place needs more love -> ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
    • View Profile
Re: Explosion Effects
« Reply #1 on: 25-12-2009, 22:12:06 »
Effects have improved a lot since 2.2, in my opinion.

Offline Vergeltungswaffe

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 25-12-2009, 22:12:15 »
Effects have improved a lot since 2.2, in my opinion.

When vehicles are now getting destroyed they just turn into a dark Wrackage with a few tiny sparks flying around. The effects I just saw in a 2.15 video looked better to me and that's exactly how I remember it...
« Last Edit: 25-12-2009, 22:12:03 by Ragox »

Offline Arc9

• nmlforums.low-ping.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 25-12-2009, 22:12:57 »
I say make the destroyed vehicles look like destroyed vehicles and not big black blocks. like make the engine and stuff glow red and put a bit o blood on the windshield.
Derp

Offline Kading

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 26-12-2009, 00:12:15 »
I say make the destroyed vehicles look like destroyed vehicles and not big black blocks. like make the engine and stuff glow red and put a bit o blood on the windshield.

works for me. only makes sense to make them black if they stay there for a long time, but they dont, soooooooooooooo, yah.
Break your picks and crack your spades! Dig deep if you want to live!

Offline Vergeltungswaffe

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 26-12-2009, 00:12:05 »
It would be enough to make the Effect look like they actually explode (Ammunition Storage Hit?), so the dark Wrackage makes Sense too.

That combined with more realistic soaring Smoke/Dust would be so awesome!

Retexturing all the Wrackage Models would take way too much Time...

Offline Josh094

• FH-Betatester
  • Oh dear.
    • View Profile
    • ProjectBarrett
« Reply #6 on: 26-12-2009, 01:12:04 »
Most tanks when hit didn't errupt in huge balls of fire and turn black. Alot of the time it would be a clean hit and the crew would bail leaving the tank looking almost undamaged at first glance.

I'd like to see the wrecks as practically the same as the undestroyed vehical, just with thick smoke coming from the hatches or engine deck and side skirts, tracks broken.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 26-12-2009, 08:12:45 »
I think a new effect can be added for smaller vehicles... Personally, I like the tank explosion, save for a lack of flying metal shards, a la FH1 - to enhance it and make bombers proud of their handywork.

But for smaller vehicles like trucks and hanomag, I think a small mushroom cloud will be nice... Not like an a-bomb, but y'know, a fireball

And yes, I definitely feel that some wrecks are too pitch black... Sure blacked at some points especially close to where the fire is, but NOT pitch

and yes, by all means, more smoke to go with the pineapple explosions of tanks.

*If the fireball is done very well, I think even the jeep could use it without appearing overly-dramatized

Offline mopskind

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 26-12-2009, 12:12:39 »
Would it be possible to add different wreckages to one unit? For example if the engine registers a hit in the rear of a tank you would see a different wreck (here for example smoking engine deck or smashed turret) than if it would be hit in the front..that would be nice but probably not possible with the engine

Offline Paavopesusieni

• Spongebob
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 26-12-2009, 12:12:33 »
I'd like to see the wrecks as practically the same as the undestroyed vehical, just with thick smoke coming from the hatches or engine deck and side skirts, tracks broken.
+1

Just make it so that you can see the hit (like now), tank should be the same color as before, lots of smoke coming from engine and hatches and broken tracks. Lots of white smoke coming inside of the tank (hatches, other holes) would look really nice.