Author Topic: Small but important stuff  (Read 2523 times)

Offline Ivancic1941

• View Profile
Small but important stuff
« on: 19-08-2014, 13:08:32 »
I have some suggestions that i would like to be  ingame.I was playing last 4 days like a squadleader and commander and some problems.

I was squadleader and i needed some help from neighbour squad but wasnt able to talk with theirs squadleader.I tryed to write that down but get killed.I think that there should be when you push button for talk with commander(for me is V)then you can also talk with other squadleaders(or another button like in PR).

There are some maps without Commander chair.I think i was playing St.Vith and we needed artilery and supplies but there wasnt chair comm. and i coudnt do that.Then andmins said i need do resign of or i will be banned(762.ranked server)

I will write if i see something other( sorry for my bad english) :) :)
Floppy Wardisc or Floppy Wierdbear

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
Re: Small but important stuff
« Reply #1 on: 19-08-2014, 14:08:05 »
Commander is usually available only on bigger maps as on smaller maps it doesn't make much sense (arty would be overkill on them). Sometimes it's removed because of historical reasons.

Also, the commander chair is sometimes replaced by the command truck (example: Gold Beach).
And there are some other vehicles that serve as commander vehicles (like the scout plane).

Talking to other squadleaders would require Mumble integration which, although extremely cool, is not a top priority for the few devs working on Eastern Front.
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline Ivancic1941

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 25-09-2014, 10:09:20 »
More..
I was playing Keren and i drive train but there are only 3 places!!I wish there are more so i can drive my whole squad.

One man can capture the flag so there could be that you "enter" the flag and raise it up.

When you are in squad and want great teamwork you woud like to have two platoons in squad.But mabe that is for project reality.

And tuat reviving thing

Offline Roughbeak

• Science of Hooting, PhD
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 25-09-2014, 15:09:03 »
[...] Then andmins said i need do resign of or i will be banned(762.ranked server)[...]

What admin was this? That is intolerable if that was the case.

Offline Ivancic1941

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 25-09-2014, 19:09:58 »
[...] Then andmins said i need do resign of or i will be banned(762.ranked server)[...]

What admin was this? That is intolerable if that was the case.

I become comander and there wasnt comm. chair.  So that is same as fighting commander. :P

Offline Klimax

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 06-01-2015, 18:01:23 »
Would it be possible to introduce a individual soldier design possibility? Everybody player could decide, which kind of stuff his model Users.

Offline shahram

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 19-01-2015, 16:01:28 »
I have suggestions and I hope I will see these very soon.

1. Please make SMGs ( like mp40 ) more effective and fatal. in my opinion they are noise-maker and not a reliable gun. They are useful just in a 8 square meters room. :D  I have read about those guns and they are fatal and effective in ~300 meters distance like a rifle. and I think recoil amount for mp40 is a little more.

2. Please add marker bullets to LMGs and HMGs, ( 1 bullet in every 10/15 bullets ( I don't know how
it is/was in real life) ) it is both historic true and exciting.

thanks for all efforts.

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 19-01-2015, 23:01:30 »
SMG bullets could kill at 300 yards, but accuracy wise, most SMGs in WW2 were around 50-100 yards accurate, and that was with highly controlled bursts or single shots.  Only the Suomi and Ppsh were more accurate.

Also, tracer rounds really were not used in machine guns when shooting at land targets for the obvious fact that they give away your position for no real gain, since the shooter can't actually see the tracers anyways.  Tracers were used in AA machine guns so observers could watch the fall of the shot and calculate the lead needed, but that simply wasn't a thing for short range ground combat.  Instead, tracers would easily show the enemy exactly where to shoot to silence the MG.

Offline shahram

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 21-01-2015, 09:01:50 »
OK.
but I still think recoil for SMGs in this game is a little more. look at caliber and barrel length in these guns, they can't have this amount of recoil. I have watched some videos on internet and they prove me. :)
« Last Edit: 21-01-2015, 09:01:09 by shahram »

Offline Prx!

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 21-01-2015, 11:01:02 »
Is there anyone out there working on these models? (I would if i could)
-T-26
-StuG III Ausf. B

Would be handy dandy for making a early eastfront map  ;D

Offline gamerjer

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 21-01-2015, 11:01:28 »
-T-26
-StuG III Ausf. B

i agreed that would be nice indeed =-p
but i dont know with what things of the eastfront the devs are busy at the moment =-p

Offline Prx!

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 21-01-2015, 12:01:50 »
-T-26
-StuG III Ausf. B

i agreed that would be nice indeed =-p
but i dont know with what things of the eastfront the devs are busy at the moment =-p

check the website http://forgottenhope.warumdarum.de/fh2_vehicles.php?country=5&type=1
mid/late eastfront

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 21-01-2015, 13:01:07 »
OK.
but I still think recoil for SMGs in this game is a little more. look at caliber and barrel length in these guns, they can't have this amount of recoil. I have watched some videos on internet and they prove me. :)

That's because the people control the recoil. You have to do that ingame as well by pulling the mouse in the opposite direction of the kickback. If you don't do that, it means you simply fire the gun while slackily holding it in front of you, so it will of course end up pointing at the sky.
In most modern games the recoil is compensated for you by the game, not in FH2 though. We want you to work for your kills  ;D as compensation the guns are all very accurate and don't have much random bullet deviation.

@early war: We want to make 1943, 44 and 45 maps on the Eastern Front, none before that.

Offline Ivancic1941

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 24-01-2015, 10:01:02 »
What about this?Junker Ju 57 having 2 supplies crates.It would be great on Crete so you can have small baze made from Squadleaders and supplies there.
Secon thing is recon plane have ammo box with parashute because they are too small to carie big supplies. This would become recon plane more usefull because a lot of guys dont want to drive it( and look for enemy) and then they dont get point for it (What i know is that when commander trows suplies and somebody use it then he gets point for it,am I right?).

Offline Roughbeak

• Science of Hooting, PhD
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 27-01-2015, 02:01:26 »
What about this?Junker Ju 57 having 2 supplies crates.It would be great on Crete so you can have small baze made from Squadleaders and supplies there.
Secon thing is recon plane have ammo box with parashute because they are too small to carie big supplies. This would become recon plane more usefull because a lot of guys dont want to drive it( and look for enemy) and then they dont get point for it (What i know is that when commander trows suplies and somebody use it then he gets point for it,am I right?).

Actually this is not a bad idea. I mean, it would work similar to dropping off supplies such as a Opel Blitz or a US GMC truck, but it will be having a parachute too.
« Last Edit: 27-01-2015, 02:01:09 by Roughbeak »