Author Topic: Bugged and unbalanced hits on tanks  (Read 6444 times)

Offline Butcher

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    • View Profile
Re: Bugged and unbalanced hits on tanks
« Reply #15 on: 29-04-2012, 13:04:47 »
Recently I have experienced strange bounces with the Panthers gun on Shermans. Last week I needed 2 shots to kill a regular M4A3 with it on a range of maybe 50 metres. Also on the very same day my Panthers shot bounced off a M4A2 76mms side on Operation Cobra (this was at an angle however, but still strange).

Yesterday then - and Irish can confirm you that as he was the driver - he needed 4 hits to take out 2 Shermans in a row. Also at an engagement range of 50 metres. The Panther was killed with 2 shots to the front :P.

I noticed this happens a lot in the last weeks. Before that I didn´t have problems with it. All this occured on HSLAN with the nerfed angle system, so I don´t get it.
He got banned for our sins. He was not the member FH forums deserved, he was the member we needed.

Offline hyperanthropos

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 18-05-2012, 13:05:24 »
An other vehicle i recognized as being bugged or coded in a strage way is the m18 Hellcat. Great vehicle super fast, good gun (even with special ammo) and there is nothing wrong about those features.

But of course it has very weak armor and in tank vs. tank combat this is represented. But when fighting this thing with a Faust 60 and you hit it at the turret it doesnt get destroyed quite often. As I sag dont know if this is code related or a bug.
One might say it is okay since you "just" hit the turret, but since its armor is so weak, especially at the (open!) turret it should get destroyed when hit there.

An exeption to this should be the rear of the turret, because there are counter weights or just storrage, but my observations account for its turret in general.

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 18-05-2012, 14:05:41 »
An other vehicle i recognized as being bugged or coded in a strage way is the m18 Hellcat. Great vehicle super fast, good gun (even with special ammo) and there is nothing wrong about those features.

But of course it has very weak armor and in tank vs. tank combat this is represented. But when fighting this thing with a Faust 60 and you hit it at the turret it doesnt get destroyed quite often. As I sag dont know if this is code related or a bug.
One might say it is okay since you "just" hit the turret, but since its armor is so weak, especially at the (open!) turret it should get destroyed when hit there.

An exeption to this should be the rear of the turret, because there are counter weights or just storrage, but my observations account for its turret in general.
IIRC that's because HEAT weapons are only effective in enclosed spaces and Hellcat's turret is oppen topped.
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline Tankbuster

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 18-05-2012, 14:05:48 »
But srsly, that thing has a 50 on it, and if you don't destroy it, you are naked

Offline Mobilis_in_Mobili

• VC Firefly & Achilles Crew Apply Here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 19-05-2012, 02:05:28 »
Firefly used to be able to take out a Tiger with two hits to the side - now it's rare. 
Now, most of the axis armor can one shot an allied tank from the front - but the Tank Killers on the allied side can't do the same against the heavy/thick frontal armor of the axis team. 

There's no element of surprise when you get the first shot; because all you're doing is saying - hey shoot me know that you know where I am.  Example - Panther can lay waste to any approaching allied armor on Operation Totalize; by staying up on the ridge across the river on the western side; only the M10 can kill it with two shots frontal.
Breakfast of Champions: Tigers, Panthers, Pumas, Stugs, & Panzerfausts-on-Legs.

Offline ajappat

• "Cheater"
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 19-05-2012, 17:05:42 »
Firefly used to be able to take out a Tiger with two hits to the side - now it's rare. 

Now it kills with one shot to side. What's up with this crusade against axis tanks? Atleast go check how things work before flaming all around this forum about OP axis tanks.

Offline hitm4k3r

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 02-06-2012, 15:06:34 »
Had some very strange situations concerning the Cromwell yesterday. My first situation was on Totalize while I was driving the Tiger and standing head to head at a range of 5 - 10 metres. I was penetrating the Cromwell frontaly, but he didn't get killed and I needed a second shot. Later I had almost the same situation while I was driving a PIVH, but in this situation I easily killed the Cromwell. It seems that the damage values of the Tiger's 88 are too low or something similar.
I also fired at a Firefly between the turret and the hull at midrange and the shot went through - but at the end I got killed and not the Firefly. Is the 88 of the Tiger this weak? I have no problem with shots bouncing off at head to head engagement, but I doubt that a Firefly will be able to return fire after getting penetrated by a Tiger.

Last thing I would like to mention is, that the StuG on Villers can easily get killed from a very steap angle (like 15 degree or even less) from the front with a shot to the tracks. The guy who killed me (was a Cromwell) and me were like wtf?
But the problem of the tracks is something that you can find on many other tanks. Tracks are in fact a weak spot in FH2 also to the front. Someone who claims something different needs to play the game a bit more.  ;)

Offline hyperanthropos

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 02-06-2012, 16:06:18 »
I can report similar situations when fighting against Cromwells, they seem to be wuite buggy. But I dont think it about the 88 of the Tiger, since i recogniced such situations when fighting Cromwells in general no when driving a Tiger.
Same thing about the Crusader - only the late moddel with the sixpounder- the early modells seem to be perfectly okay.
The late version Crusader seems to be a problem in generel, because it can kill every German tank (exept Tiger) in NA to the front with oneshot. The Panzer III get completly useless when those things are around.

And id like to mention that -to my knowledge - there have no tools etc. on there hull, maybe something about the angle system.

Offline titsmcgee852

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 02-06-2012, 17:06:54 »
Somewhat related, I put an AP round from my M36 into the front panel of a german halftrack on Meuse and the bastard bounced right off and did no damage, only knocking it back a metre or so. I don't think that's right... It is a 90mm round after all.

Offline hitm4k3r

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 02-06-2012, 20:06:48 »
Somewhat related, I put an AP round from my M36 into the front panel of a german halftrack on Meuse and the bastard bounced right off and did no damage, only knocking it back a metre or so. I don't think that's right... It is a 90mm round after all.

This happens with all kind of AP rounds against all kinds of APC's or Jeeps like the Kubel or the Whilly. You hit it and the round just bounces off. But that's an allready mentioned problem and I hope the devs are working on it. Though you are totaly right, that something like this shouldn't happen inreality.

Offline hyperanthropos

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 03-06-2012, 12:06:48 »
I know you guys said the shell hit the engine part (if i understood correctly), but when talking about halftrack remember that a shot at the transport cabin doestn destroy halftracks and it shouldt because the (AP) shell would be right through. So a halftrack shouldnt blow up by every hit, everywhere.

But of cousre you re right a shot at the engine part should destroy it immediately.

Offline Paythoss

• Sabaku no Kitsune
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 05-06-2012, 09:06:16 »
Once I was trying kill  abandoned Crusader 3 on Supercharge map . He was standing with nose above some sloping , so engine deck was perfect visible . I shot at last three times , because practically two rounds just bounced off or hit detector was visible but no effects  ???  Last round was effective but I was hit a rear of turret ...
And one more thing ... many times I was killed or that I was scored , with the round  in to the edge of the turret , where round should be bounce off without any effect .

Or not ?  ;)

Offline dead_man1876

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 06-07-2012, 19:07:44 »
Do you guys complaining about the "weak" and "ineffective" axis armor use allied armor as often as you use axis armor? I seriously doubt it. Perhaps you should do it first in order to be less subjective about the "buggy" axis armor that sometimes is unable to kill allied armor with one shot. My survival rate from axis armor or AT-weapons is a few percent and it only happens when i get hit on the edges, because i can hear where my tank was hit. Sometimes shells fly close to the side of my turret or scratch it when shot at frontal.

Offline hyperanthropos

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 06-07-2012, 21:07:15 »
Nobody complains about weak axis armor. As I stated in the first post those observation are based on many many hours of play time and some (by far not all!) allied vehicles seem to have some serious problems with defliction of shells, especially the Late version Crusader (as on Supercharge) and the Cromwell. As you certainly know those vehicles are very poorly armored and defect perfect hits quite often.
Furthermore it is not only a threat about bugs and unbalanced Allied, vehicles, but also about Axis ones. I wrote something about the various typs of marders which very often dont take damage, because their upper superstrucuture is coded in a way, that rounds often just go through, whereas the vehicle would have taken heavy damage.
So if you recognise false damage behavior on other Axis vehicles feel free to post it here.

So no its just a threat about sensless complaining of some Axisfanboys, I am trying to give some productive feedback. And I undersand the answer of one of the devs (reply number #2) as a kind reassurance on that issue.

Offline hitm4k3r

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 07-07-2012, 02:07:51 »
I think hyperanthropos is right. Nobody is making any biased reports - and we just tell what we experience and discover while playing the game over and over again. And the Cromwell is clearly the most bugged vehicle and thatswhy I love to use it :D

Today I shot a burning Cromwell in the side from an almost perfect angle. I dealt damage but didn't kill him. Problem is quiet obvious for me: the Cromwell was moving forward and due to his speed so the shot got deflected. Had several other strange situations on Villers. I first thought that these bugs are dependend on the fired rounds. But I was wrong - simply every german tank  - today I tried it with a Panther - causes wierd bugs while shotting on the Cromwell. I shot with the Panther from the front on a good spot between turret and hull, but the shot just bounces off, where in other situations you make an easy kill this way.

I also made some very frustrating experiences with the PIV F1 on Ghazala. I shot a Stuart in the side from aprox. 10 - 15 metres and it wasn't enough to kill that little thing. I know, that short barrel isn't that effective - but it is a freakin' Stuart's side armor and not a heavy armored tank. A tad more damage would be suiting.