Author Topic: Pacific Theater beta test This Saturday, August 9th !!!  (Read 11696 times)

Offline DesertFox20591

• View Profile
Re: Pacific Theater beta test This Saturday, August 9th !!!
« Reply #75 on: 11-08-2014, 03:08:44 »
Some issues i found while playing:

- When you are sitting in one of the gunner positions of the japanese troop transport vehicle HA HO and look to the rear, the whole back end of the vehicle is invisible
- You can't enter ships or submarines, when you are swimming in the water around it
- You always die, trying to bail out of a moving vessel
- When you are swimming next to the hull of the HMS PRINC OF WALES, you can look through it
- On some maps the japanese flag looks like the present day flag with the red disc in the middle, on Midway it looks like in WWII with the additional red rays
- The YAMATO and PRINCE OF WALES aren't historical correct on Midway, espacially the PRINCE OF WALES, because it's even no US-Ship
- On some ships shooting animations or/and sounds of several guns/weapons are missing

Good Points also:
wrenches can NOT repair anything,also when you jump into water from a Carrier you die,you simply can NOT walk with stability on HMS(which i think was also featured in BF1942) and finally the clouded weather in Iwo Jima its kind of 'darky' those are major issues in addition   

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 11-08-2014, 03:08:30 »
AFAIK the ships damaging soldiers on them can't be fixed. It is the reason why there aren't any official naval maps.

Offline CB-Corrado

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 11-08-2014, 10:08:33 »
AFAIK the ships damaging soldiers on them can't be fixed. It is the reason why there aren't any official naval maps.

Perhaps, it would be a solution to block the possibility of entering and exiting the vessels, if it's programmable. So the only way to board them is spawning on them. And the only way to exit is to get destroyed or suicide.
But the symbols of the ships should be shown on the minimap or else you don't know in which ship you are spawning.

Another suggestion:
Carriers could be static objects like in BF2, because there is not much sense for them in moving around the map. On Midway Map such static carriers could be the place for the two flags, currently in the middle of the ocean.
It would be an idea to make static carriers destroyable anyway...
« Last Edit: 11-08-2014, 10:08:17 by CB-Corrado »

Offline Ivancic1941

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 11-08-2014, 11:08:24 »
Also, when you jump from airplane with parashute and you land,you are always wounded and need bandage
Floppy Wardisc or Floppy Wierdbear

Offline psykfallet

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 11-08-2014, 11:08:26 »
Some issues i found while playing:

- On some maps the japanese flag looks like the present day flag with the red disc in the middle, on Midway it looks like in WWII with the additional red rays
- The YAMATO and PRINCE OF WALES aren't historical correct on Midway, espacially the PRINCE OF WALES, because it's even no US-Ship
1. That is because the rising star flag is the naval flag used by IJN and the regular flag is used by the army.
2. They are well aware of that obviously, but those are ported from BF1942 and are there are no alternatives.

Offline Oberst

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 11-08-2014, 11:08:43 »
Also, when you jump from airplane with parashute and you land,you are always wounded and need bandage

That is something you also find in regular FH. You need to open your parachute early enough, if you don't, you will die or atleast be wounded. This is to prevent people from only open the chute like 5m before the ground.

Offline PoliticalCorrectness

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 11-08-2014, 15:08:33 »
Unfortunately I missed it on Saturday  >:( ....but it sounds very promising especially all the positive Reviews in this thread...

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 11-08-2014, 16:08:34 »
Yeah it was quite awesome. The only thing I didn't like that the maps (while very good) where all ported over from BF1942, and it showed. I wish they had ported over FH1 maps instead, since they are closer in style to FH2. Would make it easier to include them officially.

Offline hitm4k3r

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 11-08-2014, 16:08:50 »
But Wake Island is a port from BF2 and it would line up pretty well with official content allready. There is a reason why DICE published that map for allmost all titles in the franchise and it won't hurt FH2 one bit if it includes that map. The most things on that map that need to be tweaked or fixed are all more or less not mapping related.

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 11-08-2014, 16:08:52 »
Yeah. Personally I wouldn't mind seeing at least the naval and air content in the mod, but that is not my decision to make (since I am not the one doing the work on that ;) )

Offline Mayhemic.MAD

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 11-08-2014, 16:08:57 »
Wake Island and Midway are such iconic maps and the Air + Naval Gameplay is what made the Battlefield series stand out from and is still not matched by any other game.
I would be happy if we could get them integrated into FH2, better sooner then later.
Der Motor des Panzers ist ebenso seine Waffe wie die Kanone.
Heinz Guderian

--- Donate for the biggest BattleField Mod Supporter!! ---

Offline CB-Corrado

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 11-08-2014, 20:08:33 »
Wake Island and Midway are such iconic maps and the Air + Naval Gameplay is what made the Battlefield series stand out from and is still not matched by any other game.
I would be happy if we could get them integrated into FH2, better sooner then later.

But Adak Island, Iwo Jima, Wake Island and Guadalcanal, too!
« Last Edit: 11-08-2014, 21:08:41 by CB-Corrado »

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 11-08-2014, 21:08:46 »
Tbh, I'd take the 0.7 Midway any day over the BF42 Midway.

- 0.7 Midway
- Iwo Jima
- 0.7 Saipan
- Guadalcanal
- Wake Island

Oh and Tarawa from 0.7 would be friggin grand too. That should keep you guys busy.  :P

Yes, plx!
« Last Edit: 11-08-2014, 21:08:13 by Flippy Warbear »

Offline CB-Corrado

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 11-08-2014, 21:08:19 »
Tbh, I'd take the 0.7 Midway any day over the BF42 Midway.

- 0.7 Midway
- Iwo Jima
- 0.7 Saipan
- Guadalcanal
- Wake Island

Yes, plx!

Can you explain why?

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 11-08-2014, 21:08:47 »
Can you explain why?

Why what? Why would I take 0.7 version of Midway instead of the BF42?

If that's what you are asking: It's better. Actually looks nice and still offers the same naval warfare. In 0.7 however it was an objective map which would be interesting setting in FH2 too.