Author Topic: A Song of Ice and Fire [HUGE GoT SPOILERS!]  (Read 3615 times)

Offline Thorondor123

• God Emperor
  • Global Moderator
  • Lugbûrz-ûr!
    • View Profile
Re: A Song of Ice and Fire [HUGE GoT SPOILERS!]
« Reply #15 on: 03-09-2012, 22:09:31 »
Read a cool theory about Jon Snow being the long-sought Azor Ahai.
If you re-read the last Jon chapter in Dance, you´ll notice that there are some small things that are an important part of the whole Azor-Ahai prophecy:
A bleeding star (that knight who got killed by the giant has stars on his doublet and is bleeding), salt (Bowen Marshs salty tears) and smoke (Jons smoking wound). Now Jon only needs to be reborn, somehow.

Reborn somehow? How about the red priestess that happens to hang around there..? ;)

Anyway, my thought on this matter are in the first post.

Surely Bran would have recognised Coldhands if he was Benjen Stark?
Coldhands' face was covered. :/
Let mortal heroes sing your fame

Offline IrishReloaded

• Leader of Irishforce
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 03-09-2012, 22:09:43 »
didnt read your topic
watching hbo atm 2/8 so far and that invasion - mh - im dissapointed. LOTR has and will always have best battle scenes

Offline Thorondor123

• God Emperor
  • Global Moderator
  • Lugbûrz-ûr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 03-09-2012, 22:09:21 »
didnt read your topic
watching hbo atm 2/8 so far and that invasion - mh - im dissapointed. LOTR has and will always have best battle scenes
http://fhpubforum.warumdarum.de/index.php?topic=17007.0

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 03-09-2012, 22:09:52 »
Then you are propably watching GoT for wrong reasons Irish...

Offline IrishReloaded

• Leader of Irishforce
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 03-09-2012, 22:09:51 »
ah didnt see the other topic - no series is great ! just that battle could be better to symbolize the amount of attacking troops :)

Offline NTH

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 05-09-2012, 23:09:15 »
I am glad of thing, Stannis being dead, I was sick of his teeth grinding, his total lack of empathy and he would never step out of the shadow of his brother. Both of them  :P Good riddance.

How did I miss that Rickon an Osha are on Skagos ? I thought the Onion Knight was sent for Lord blubber belly hostages. So he could safely kill the flayer and Frey's at Winterfell. He was so jolly during dinner I was kinda hoping for "Red Wedding" 2.0

Milton Gault roared, "Roffey, I know bloody well that Jerry knows we are here but you don't need to advertise the fact!"
(From: First in the Field, Gault of the Patricias by Jeffery Williams, page 72.)

Offline Thorondor123

• God Emperor
  • Global Moderator
  • Lugbûrz-ûr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 06-09-2012, 00:09:40 »
1. I am glad of thing, Stannis being dead, I was sick of his teeth grinding, his total lack of empathy and he would never step out of the shadow of his brother. Both of them  :P Good riddance.

2. How did I miss that Rickon an Osha are on Skagos ? I thought the Onion Knight was sent for Lord blubber belly hostages. So he could safely kill the flayer and Frey's at Winterfell. He was so jolly during dinner I was kinda hoping for "Red Wedding" 2.0
1. Stannis dead? Nah, I don't think so.

2. End of Davos' last chapter in ADWD.

Offline hOMEr_jAy

• Lannister Loyalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 06-09-2012, 11:09:55 »
Lord "Blubber" is actually a major player in the game. He seems like a lethargic, scared, fat piece of suet, but behind that facade he´s a grand schemer. I guess, when the time is right, we´ll see another civil war, this time in the north. The pale-eyed flayer and those Frey bastards will definately pay for what they´ve done.
We don´t get a clear hint to where Davos is sent, but the other hints, like the travel direction Osha and Rickon are taking, and Davos remark, that he´s going "where canibals live" (or something like that), hint that he´s sent to Skaggos. Can´t wait to read more about that island, especially since GRRM has announced that Osha will be a POV-character in "Winds of Winter".
And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere,
But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear.
Yes now the rains weep o'er his hall,
and not a soul to hear.

Offline Thorondor123

• God Emperor
  • Global Moderator
  • Lugbûrz-ûr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 06-09-2012, 11:09:11 »
I'm hoping that we'll see unicorns ;D

Offline NTH

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 06-09-2012, 11:09:21 »
1. I am glad of thing, Stannis being dead, I was sick of his teeth grinding, his total lack of empathy and he would never step out of the shadow of his brother. Both of them  :P Good riddance.

2. How did I miss that Rickon an Osha are on Skagos ? I thought the Onion Knight was sent for Lord blubber belly hostages. So he could safely kill the flayer and Frey's at Winterfell. He was so jolly during dinner I was kinda hoping for "Red Wedding" 2.0
1. Stannis dead? Nah, I don't think so.

2. End of Davos' last chapter in ADWD.

What, you believe the bastard flayer would lie about that? Mayhaps it more me hoping then really true. But right now we have so many people contending for the Iron Throne, one less wouldn't hurt  ;D

By the way my book didn't have a preview chapter for the next book, anyone know where it can be found?

Milton Gault roared, "Roffey, I know bloody well that Jerry knows we are here but you don't need to advertise the fact!"
(From: First in the Field, Gault of the Patricias by Jeffery Williams, page 72.)

Offline Lightning

• Dreamcrusher
  • FH2 Dev
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 06-09-2012, 12:09:14 »
Lord "Blubber" is actually a major player in the game. He seems like a lethargic, scared, fat piece of suet, but behind that facade he´s a grand schemer. I guess, when the time is right, we´ll see another civil war, this time in the north.

I don't think he's really a player, he just wants revenge for the red wedding. Sure, he's not weak just because he's crippled, but if you've read these books you probably already saw that coming (seems to be a common theme across half a dozen characters).

As for the civil war, I think we'll see that right at the start of The Winds of Winter. Remember, Bolton's 'allies' rode out to engage Stannis in Reek's last Chapter. Reek's escape may have delayed things, but in the end they'll still ride out. I don't think Ramsey's letter is true at all. If he defeated Stannis, surely he would have Reek and Jeyne.

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 06-09-2012, 12:09:14 »
Wasn't there also a preview chapter with stannis?

Offline hOMEr_jAy

• Lannister Loyalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 06-09-2012, 12:09:45 »
Lightning, it depends on how you define "player".
To me, he´s behind more than "just" revenge for his killed son and the whole Red Wedding thing. He already killed three Freys, baked them into pies and served them his enemies. If he´d be that simple, he´d most likely be content with that.
But if you read Davos´ chapters about White Harbor, you´ll see that he´s behind some cunning planing. He has secretly rebuilt his fleet and is preparing for war. He´s playing the fat craven while at the same time keeping Davos alive, despite the royal order to execute him, and sends him on a mission to retrieve the "last" Stark heir, whom he wants to reinstall as true heir of Winterfell and probably King in the North.
This is more ambitious than simple revenge and because of those cunning long-term goals he´s a "player" in my eyes. His goal are major political changes. Sure, revenge plays a big part, but it´s not his sole motivation.

EDIT:
Here´s the sample chapter Martin released. Apparently it´s from Theons POV. Haven´t read it yet, because I don´t want to spoil Winds for myself. ;)
« Last Edit: 06-09-2012, 12:09:23 by hOMEr_jAy »
And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere,
But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear.
Yes now the rains weep o'er his hall,
and not a soul to hear.

Offline TheRevoluzer

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 11-09-2012, 21:09:53 »
I felt a little bit sad about quenten's death and also about the fact that jon connington is diseased while Tyrion, which was one of my favourite characters until he murdered his father, is alive and well.

If he defeated Stannis, surely he would have Reek and Jeyne.

I don't think that Bolton's troops reached that far as they also lacked horses and Mors Umber was lurking 3 miles away of Winterfell and sent those two prisoners to Stannis. I hope Mors and Manderly took on those foul Freys and killed them.

Concerning the theories of Lighting about Jon and Daenerys:
I think Melisandre could revive Jon to make him the true "Reborn", but I don't think that he will team up with her.

I am eagerly awaiting Victarions story about his dragon hunt.

Offline Lightning

• Dreamcrusher
  • FH2 Dev
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 20-09-2012, 22:09:16 »
Cool quiz. How many of the 300 most-mentioned characters in A Song of Ice and Fire can you name in 20 minutes?

http://www.sporcle.com/games/Sforzando/song-of-ice-and-fire-top-300

I got 143, missing 2 from the first column.

(There's also a top 100, but it contains spoilers: http://www.sporcle.com/games/Sforzando/song-of-ice-and-fire-top-100)

I found this by trying to find out how many characters there are in A Song of Ice and Fire. Does anyone know? The 300th most mentioned is mentioned 33 times, so I figure it's quite a lot more than 300.)
« Last Edit: 20-09-2012, 22:09:31 by Lightning »