Author Topic: realism?  (Read 11112 times)

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
Re: realism?
« Reply #15 on: 01-08-2010, 11:08:52 »
If you want to get rid of the HUD, I suggest you play the mod in Immersive Mode.

Offline FatJoe

• Developer
  • An old timer
    • View Profile
    • My internet
« Reply #16 on: 01-08-2010, 12:08:26 »
No HUD-still sticking with it
More classes- if you spread out duties you'll have to depend on someone. Or like vehicle classes like some mods do. (which those I don't really like).  It is possible to have more than 6 in a squad so all members can specialize.
Mumble- I agree
BICs- Hmm they did zoom so you could figure out what zoom is what distance
TG- tactical gamer HUGE BATTLEFIELD CLAN. They set up servers. Mods that have their support have more players online.

You can play No HUD by doing what the guide tells you in Flippy's link above, or Immersive Mode

I fail to see how we do not have enough classes to provide specialization. We have Rifleman and SMG class for infantry fighting, we have MG class for support and defence. We've got engineers for vehicle support and Anti Tank for vehicle fighting. We have ammo kits for stationary defences support, NCO kit for squad leaders, Scout and sniper kits for Artillery support. We have Pilot kits that provide parachute for flying and the list goes on.

I don't really see the need to squeeze in a range finder for the binocs, You have nothing to do with the range, if you spot an enemy you can actually just put a "spot" on him and it'll show on the minimap, which isn't going anywhere in default mode.

Mumble and TG I'll look into, thanks for that :)

Offline Sgt.Radman

• View Profile
    • Why Should I?
« Reply #17 on: 01-08-2010, 13:08:16 »
Me too, don't see the need for more classes. I would for xmp. bring in an ammo bag for the rifleman class since we DO have ammo boxes but most of the pubbies don't know where they are and it would be easier IMO.  Idea, put Ammo crate/box icons on the minimap?

Call me stupid but I fail 2 see the zoom option/button/wheel on my 1980 binoculars. I only have a wheel for sharpening related to distance. but that isn't ZOOMING.

TG-never heard

Mumble - it's a special type of Teamspeak (but it's not TeamSpeak) that links you to nearby squads and people if they are also running Mumble so you can talk to them, and you can normally speak with your squad if I'm not mistaken circumventing the ingame "BUGGY",if you ask me, VOIP system.[didn't quite use all it's functions]
« Last Edit: 01-08-2010, 13:08:27 by Sgt.Radman »

Offline Thorondor123

• God Emperor
  • Global Moderator
  • Lugbûrz-ûr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 01-08-2010, 13:08:43 »

Get a TG server online- I only see at most 20 people in 1 server. TG brings tons of people.

At what time? There are like 100-200 players during evenings/nights (GMT). Even as I write this there are 82 players online.
Let mortal heroes sing your fame

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 01-08-2010, 13:08:48 »
I tried Mumble with few devs & testers back then when testing 2.2 and we loved it. However, how would one implemend it into a mod...? Isnt that an impossibility?

Offline Sgt.Radman

• View Profile
    • Why Should I?
« Reply #20 on: 01-08-2010, 13:08:18 »
Well I don't think they implemented it into PR. They just "endorse" it for best gameplay. If I get it right it uses servers that server-holders bought so it's the same server IP that connects Mumble to the game server. I think.

Offline gr770

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 01-08-2010, 16:08:42 »
Mumble is a voip that allows you to talk to people up to 100m away. (PR is 70 but they edited mumble.) Mumble can edited to fit around the mod. No it can't be in the mod, just you can make one for the mod.

Thorondor I just never see any almost full server. Tactical gamer will still (even if your right) bring a almost server since they advertise their servers. Which is good since the TG community has only (for battlefield) BF2 BF2142, BFBC2, and PR servers. 1 mod. If can show them that this can beat pr in any way (not by making it pr for ww2.).

For classes there are so many utilities that haven't been touched by FH2. If they do put these in classes will have too much stuff.

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 01-08-2010, 16:08:15 »
There is one full server and one with over 40 people on it right now...

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 01-08-2010, 17:08:43 »
I think we had TG server back then when 2.0 came out and in times of 2.1 but the servers died out then and disappeared.

Offline Captain Pyjama Shark

• Masterspammer
  • Captain of the Gravy Train
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 01-08-2010, 17:08:07 »
If we didn't have the minimap in this game I don't think I would ever play it.  I'd be spending the whole time lost, and inevitably if I ever found anything important I'd be shot immediately.  Come to think of it that sounds exactly like Project Reality  ;D.

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 01-08-2010, 18:08:53 »
gr770 why don't you try to set up a server with TG?
Everyone s free to host a FH2 server. :)
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off

Offline hankypanky

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 02-08-2010, 06:08:27 »
Dude it's not like the devs are stopping TG from setting up a server for FH2.... They can set one up if they please. Take that request to their forms.

Mumble is used primarily in PR to talk to everyone including those outside your squad. So you can run up to a guy in another squad and talk to him. However wtf is the point of mumble in FH2 if most people don't even use mics..... In PR communication using VOIP is important to success in that game. However in FH2 it is not really  important since PR level of communication is not essential in FH2! Most people use text and it works just fine.

FH2 is just fine with it's mini-map
Ask TG to host a server for FH2, they can host one if they please.
Mumble is not needed in FH2 since a lot of people don't speak English, and also don't even have mics. Perhaps some of the tournaments can look into mumble but then again TS works fine.
My ingame name is [PUG]mr.hanky1945

Offline [130.Pz]S.Lainer

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
    • 130th
« Reply #27 on: 02-08-2010, 06:08:07 »
  Mumble would be the shit in FH2 if a code god wants to take the time.  Mumble allows you to do a direct communication to those in your squad as well as a relative communication to any and all those around you (not in squad and enemies).  Like I said before it is possible if anyone wants the work.  We already know that BF2 can communicate a great deal of stuff to 3rd party software.  So how would this all work....

1. You launch FH2.exe
2. FH2.exe launches an FH customized mumble.
3. You log in and join a server in FH2
4. A master server is consulted on what server you have joined and if it has a mumble server to join.
5. You join the server and the mumble server in the unassigned (lets say axis) channel.
6.  You can talk to everyone in said channel as well as people close to you through mumbles ability to track who is within your radius and adjust the volume.
7. You make a squad in FH2 and mumble makes a channel and joins you to it.  Now using the "All talk" button you can communicate with all those in the area.  You can also just communicate with those in your squad using squad chat regardless of how far away from you they are in game.
8. If you empty a squad or make a new one in FH2 the mumble server acts accordingly.

Damn sure this is all possible.  Just would take a man to make it happen.

Played with this a bit in PR and I can say it is awesome.  So much fun being separated from your squad and still being able to talk with others.  MAG for the PS3 also has this and I had a great deal of lols talking with enemies during a firefight.  If this was tackled it would be better then a Maus.    ;D
http://www.bfewaw.com/campaigns/waw24/promo/campaign/waw24banner1.png
The purpose of this deployment was to "annoy and defy the United States ... on her with Bofors 40 mm guns from a range of 650

Offline hankypanky

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 02-08-2010, 07:08:52 »
  Mumble would be the shit in FH2 if a code god wants to take the time.  Mumble allows you to do a direct communication to those in your squad as well as a relative communication to any and all those around you (not in squad and enemies).  Like I said before it is possible if anyone wants the work.  We already know that BF2 can communicate a great deal of stuff to 3rd party software.  So how would this all work....

1. You launch FH2.exe
2. FH2.exe launches an FH customized mumble.
3. You log in and join a server in FH2
4. A master server is consulted on what server you have joined and if it has a mumble server to join.
5. You join the server and the mumble server in the unassigned (lets say axis) channel.
6.  You can talk to everyone in said channel as well as people close to you through mumbles ability to track who is within your radius and adjust the volume.
7. You make a squad in FH2 and mumble makes a channel and joins you to it.  Now using the "All talk" button you can communicate with all those in the area.  You can also just communicate with those in your squad using squad chat regardless of how far away from you they are in game.
8. If you empty a squad or make a new one in FH2 the mumble server acts accordingly.

Damn sure this is all possible.  Just would take a man to make it happen.

Played with this a bit in PR and I can say it is awesome.  So much fun being separated from your squad and still being able to talk with others.  MAG for the PS3 also has this and I had a great deal of lols talking with enemies during a firefight.  If this was tackled it would be better then a Maus.    ;D

IMO It would take too much dev time. It doesn't seem worth it in my opinion. A lot of work for a small amount of people.

Think about it... to be a FH2 mumbler you would need:
1. MIC
2. Time and energy to download program and to learn it.
3. Some sort of teamwork attitude. 

Out of the small FH2 community, you would probably just have like 20 nerds playing together every night. 
Perhaps the tournaments should look into this.. But I doubt they would spend the time and effort to move away from TS.

You don't have to talk smack to those you own, you can always t-bag their bodies :D Or my fav fix bayonet and stab away XD

In the end Mumble is a good edition, but I would prefer game content... or even a new menu :D
My ingame name is [PUG]mr.hanky1945

Offline [130.Pz]S.Lainer

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
    • 130th
« Reply #29 on: 02-08-2010, 07:08:17 »
1. I was talking about it being interrogated into the next patch. 
2. You would not have to download anything.  You might have to set a couple keys to what you want for the talking bits if you have a mic. 
3. Pretty sure that although devs have tasks set before them by a slave master they can do whatever the fuck they feel like working on if they choose.   And if a guy that loves code wants to do this and wants the work they can make it come true. 

http://www.bfewaw.com/campaigns/waw24/promo/campaign/waw24banner1.png
The purpose of this deployment was to "annoy and defy the United States ... on her with Bofors 40 mm guns from a range of 650