Author Topic: Battlefield 3  (Read 236945 times)

Offline hOMEr_jAy

• Lannister Loyalist
    • View Profile
Re: Battlefield 3
« Reply #810 on: 06-07-2011, 18:07:01 »
You trolls are so funny  ::) on one hand you're whining that dice arent sticking to the "real" BF with BF3 (a.k.a. just making bf42 alloveragain..) and on the other you're saying that they do just make the same game over and over again... this contradiction is proof that you really dont know what you want, or what they're doing... Face it; dice is all about quality and innovation. They have consistently released high-quality games, which all have brought new innovations to players. It's quite obvious that they are not just making another "meh" series as you so deeply and insightfully put it ( :-\) but that they are indeed, creating an all-out new innovation for you to enoy for years to come.
And you will  8)

The last "true" BF was BFV to me. BF2 started that highly-annoying stat- and ranking-system where everyone was just whoring for points in order to get a higher rank, just like we see it in BFBC2, the newer CoD games and will see it in BF3.
Sure, BF3s graphics are fancy, but apart from that I don´t see, as someone who´s paycheck does not come from DICE, why BF3 will be an "all-out new innovation" to enjoy. Most of the features are already in other games (such as supression, which strangely only a machine gun has) or aren´t that ground-breaking (pulling your fallen teammate into cover) and kinda feel half-baked (if you want to make players use covering fire, why doesn´t a rifle or a pistol produce supression, either? And what´s the point of pulling your team mate into cover? Are you kinda trying to simulate combat first aid?). And also what´s the point in creating such "all-out new innovations" if you plan to release just another BF in two years?
DICE was indeed all over quality and innovation. BF42 blew my mind when I played it for the first time, since NO other online game offered such vast multiplayer maps. Combined with epic mods it was definately a game worth its price. But now, looking at BF3 I can´t find many reasons why I should spend 60 Euros of my hard-earned money on it. AND pay even more, just for some small DLC to come.
Further, I can´t understand why you think that I´d contradict myself? I never stated that DICE is creating another "true" BF game, quite the contrary. My point is clear:
The BF franchise has lost it´s uniqueness and originality. DICE is trying to jump onto CoDs bandwagon and no fancy graphics will cover up the shallowness of BF3.
Oh, and please refrain from calling me a "Troll". I´m not calling you an "arrogant prick", either. Insulting your opponent in a discussion shows a certain lack of manners and maturity...
And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere,
But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear.
Yes now the rains weep o'er his hall,
and not a soul to hear.

Offline Ciupita

• Gay Lord
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: 06-07-2011, 18:07:52 »
Now if a single person continues this useless fight, I lock the whole goddamn thread.

Mod tools will never come and you have to live with that. Most of you have already said your opinions. Don't say it's a bad game before playing it.

Offline RAnDOOm

• Portugal - Surfs Paradise in Europe
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: 06-07-2011, 18:07:02 »
Now if a single person continues this useless fight, I lock the whole goddamn thread.

Mod tools will never come and you have to live with that. Most of you have already said your opinions. Don't say it's a bad game before playing it.

Im sorry but your wrong.

Nobody said that mod tools will never come, it was said that they wont be released in the beginning.

Just a correction.

Offline IrishReloaded

• Leader of Irishforce
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: 06-07-2011, 18:07:37 »
so you really think that they will relaise a modding tool instead of 5 DLCs?

Actually the booster packs for BF2 were the first test of DLCs. But they came quite late iirc. Now the guys od Dice are smarter and start making DLCs when the game is not even finished.
Karkand will only be available via DLC iirc

Offline G.Drew

• FH-Betatester
  • FH player since 0.65
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: 06-07-2011, 18:07:28 »
so you really think that they will relaise a modding tool instead of 5 DLCs?

Actually the booster packs for BF2 were the first test of DLCs. But they came quite late iirc. Now the guys od Dice are smarter and start making DLCs when the game is not even finished.
Karkand will only be available via DLC iirc
Which will be free on release (for PC anyway).
"Accept the challenges so that you may feel the exhilaration of victory" - Gen. George S. Patton
-you aren't allowed to have nice things.

Offline IrishReloaded

• Leader of Irishforce
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: 06-07-2011, 18:07:40 »
that make sense...

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: 06-07-2011, 18:07:16 »
a bunch of subjective stuff
oh, ok, I thought we were talking about the actual games... not what they were or did to you, personally 9 years ago when you played bf42 the first time, or which Bf games you consider "real" and whatnots.
Sorry, I will double check that discussions are about facts and objectivity before commenting again.

Offline hOMEr_jAy

• Lannister Loyalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: 06-07-2011, 19:07:56 »
^We´re talking about actual games. BF42 was a revolutionary new game with a great new concept (64 players fighting on large maps with air, ground and naval assets) when it came out, BF3´s announced features aren´t as revolutionary as you try to "inform" us. I would hardly call half-baked "features" creating an all-out new innovation...and after browsing through some BF forums it seems like I´m not the only one with that oppinion.

It´s actually interesting to know that there are already six pre-order versions for BF3.
« Last Edit: 06-07-2011, 19:07:33 by [WaW]hOMEr_jAy »
and not a soul to hear.

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: 06-07-2011, 19:07:45 »
BF3´s announced features aren´t as revolutionary as you try to "inform" us.
How do you know that they aren't? perhaps you should stop reading on forums about what BF3 "is" (i.e. what public forum regulars think it will be), and instead listen to the developers of the game when they explain to you what the game actually is.
 8)

Offline Fuchs

• No lollygagging
  • FH-Betatester
  • Traction Wars Propaganda Officer
    • View Profile
    • Traction Wars - WWII Free to Play Game
« Reply #819 on: 06-07-2011, 19:07:13 »
Oh yes because the person trying to sell it is completely neutral in his opinion.
"Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only brings death.
To break this vicious circle one must do more than act without thought or doubt."

Offline hOMEr_jAy

• Lannister Loyalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: 06-07-2011, 19:07:59 »
There´s a pretty good German news site about the BF franchise and I read their news daily, so I can say that I´m quite informed about the upcoming title and its features. I won´t repeat myself and just advise you to read my post on why I believe that the announced features are in my oppinion half-baked and far from revolutianary...
« Last Edit: 06-07-2011, 19:07:23 by [WaW]hOMEr_jAy »
and not a soul to hear.

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: 06-07-2011, 19:07:20 »
why I believe
believe, being the key-word here  8)

Offline hOMEr_jAy

• Lannister Loyalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: 06-07-2011, 19:07:49 »

believe, being the key-word here  8)
Enlighten me then, oh great DICE employee and tell me which of the revealed features are creating an all-out new innovation. I read basically about all of the announced features and none of them are creating an all-out new innovation.
and not a soul to hear.

Offline Thorondor123

• God Emperor
  • Global Moderator
  • Lugbûrz-ûr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: 06-07-2011, 20:07:17 »
We'll be back when people learn to listen moderators and stop spamming and fighting over something stupid.

Now, behave.
« Last Edit: 07-07-2011, 18:07:16 by Thorondor123 »
Let mortal heroes sing your fame

Offline Ajs47951

• 1f u c4n r34d th1s u r34lly n33d t0 g3t l41d
    • View Profile
    • AJS
« Reply #824 on: 09-07-2011, 07:07:18 »
Battlefield 3 system requirements revealed
Minimum

Hard Drive Space: 15 GB for disc version or 10 GB for digital version
    Processor: Core 2 Duo @ 2.0GHzRAM2GB
    Video Card: DirectX 10 or 11 compatible Nvidia or AMD ATI card

Recommended

Hard Drive Space: 15 GB for disc version or 10 GB for digital version
    Processor: Quad-core Intel or AMD CPURAM 4GB
    Video Card: DirectX 11 Nvidia or AMD ATI card, GeForce GTX 460, Radeon Radeon HD 6850

Just in time for my new PC well new Gfx cards 2 Nvida 560 Ti  in sli (YAAA Fermi cards!!).... better then my old 2 9800gtx2s in sli
« Last Edit: 09-07-2011, 08:07:36 by Ajs47951 »