Author Topic: Company of Heroes Online  (Read 4773 times)

Offline Sgt.Radman

• View Profile
    • Why Should I?
Re: Company of Heroes Online
« Reply #15 on: 07-09-2010, 19:09:24 »
That's unbelieveable... Taking your sweater off while driving? No seatbelts? They should lock him up indeed... Dipshit

Dipshits.... True. They should have died 2.

Offline Tedacious

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 09-09-2010, 10:09:46 »
dling the 6 gb patch at the moment. sure is taking some time. will be done in 30 minutes, but gotta go so i'll try it tonight.
I see were you are trying to reach: "how can a 17 year old kid have such a thinking like this? why doesnt he wants to be like normal teens who whana get rich? and his plan actually makes sense, but is too damn revolutionary and good at the same time than is still doubthfull if it works..." - Damaso

Offline Tedacious

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 15-09-2010, 00:09:53 »
I do really like this so far, nice to play COH online.

Just had a great round.

Played the score mode.
2vs2

Battled over the middle flag (3 in total) for some time, but they were the better team and managed to get us down to 140 and they themselves had 340.

I quickly built 3 panthers and one Pz4 + 2 grenadiers.
Then I rushed back behind their lines with my tanks, surprising them and wreaking havoc, destroying as much as possible.
My infantry sneaked behind my tanks and managed to capture the flag in the back of their base. Tanks were destroyed. The infantry managed to hold it for quite long, they were very slow to react to that attack.

And after that, they never recovered. Built 3 more panthers and dominated the battlefield together with my friends Stuka Zu Fuss. Their shermans and paratroopers had nothing on my panthers.

Ended up winning 124 to 0 :) Lot of fun!

Anyone else playing this? would love to play with some FH2ers
I see were you are trying to reach: "how can a 17 year old kid have such a thinking like this? why doesnt he wants to be like normal teens who whana get rich? and his plan actually makes sense, but is too damn revolutionary and good at the same time than is still doubthfull if it works..." - Damaso

Offline S1lv3rWolf

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 15-09-2010, 01:09:37 »
Haven't played on the american side yet, but have 3 profiles on Wehr, so far I seem to be better with Blitzkrieg and Defense than being on terror at all (even though each Doctrine is basically a completely different style of play).

either way, if you want to add me I go by the names of S1lv3rWolf (Blitz), SilberWulff (Defense) and SieghardWulff (Terror), and maybe we'll get a match on sometime. (currently busy modding vCoH for the hell of it  ;D )

Offline Tedacious

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 15-09-2010, 02:09:40 »
yeha I only got one profile so far though, defensive german.

I'll add you next time I play. My name is Zweig

Offline WhereEaglesDare.Schaffer

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 15-09-2010, 06:09:45 »
Eventhough i was kinda anti this game for sentimental reasons, I am sad too that such a talented guy passed away like that.

Yeah , I'll second that. I just read the sad news on their website... it seriously sucks. His poor wife is 6 months pregnant... lucky she is ok and the child too.

Offline S1lv3rWolf

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 15-09-2010, 12:09:56 »
Eventhough i was kinda anti this game for sentimental reasons, I am sad too that such a talented guy passed away like that.

Yeah , I'll second that. I just read the sad news on their website... it seriously sucks. His poor wife is 6 months pregnant... lucky she is ok and the child too.

Yes indeed, and all because the dev actually sacrificed himself for the safety of his wife and unborn son, she actually showed up on NBC to tell the story (if I recall correctly)

EDIT: They have updated the game and have completely redesigned the Airborne Supply Drop and Defensive Reactive Artillery, they also added clans...

Which are called Guilds... even though, the meaning is correct it... doesn't feel right.
« Last Edit: 15-09-2010, 21:09:04 by S1lv3rWolf »

Offline Dukat

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 09-11-2010, 01:11:27 »
I had missed this. Will look into it.

I usually imagine my own sounds with it, like `tjunk, tupdieyupdiedee` aaa enemy spotted, ratatatataboom

Offline Tedacious

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 09-11-2010, 09:11:58 »
I removed it after I noticed it took up like 18 GB of HD space.

Offline Gezoes

• There is no middle ground.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 09-11-2010, 15:11:25 »
The guy in the video is pretty clueless, the Warmesht? From what I've seen in that video, it's just a bit of new GUI. Everything else is exactly the same.

"If I wasn't a little mad, I'd go mad."

Offline Sander93

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 09-11-2010, 21:11:54 »
I removed it after I noticed it took up like 18 GB of HD space.

Then you're doing something wrong. Mine's only 6-8 GB.

Never played CoH multiplayer untill now. I'm mostly playing 4vs4 and 3vs3 alone but also play 2vs2 or 3vs3 with one or two friends of mine with voice. One of them was once a 'pro', being in the top 100 or so, so we win a lot ^^. This game sure is epic sometimes with very tight games. I just love the games where you get pushed back and you assemble a massive counterattack with Tigers and King Tigers.

I have a level 40 Blitzkrieg commander myself, Sander93 if you want to add me.

By the way for any Whermacht commanders: build a Fatherland MG with Venerable Volks (they don't actually walk anymore; they now just run at normal speed and the 'power walk' ability actually makes them sprint like Rangers) and later Close Combat Volks. The Fatherland will deal with any infantry and the Venerables can quickly take out enemy MGs with their sprint, depending on the American tactic. The CC volks can kill any infantry squad later on. Utilizing these two / three units with some nice micromanaging, I have not once lost the early battle since I use them.
« Last Edit: 09-11-2010, 21:11:10 by Sander93 »

Offline Dukat

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 09-11-2010, 21:11:59 »
Hmm. The installer told me yesterday it would require 13GB on my harddrive.

I usually imagine my own sounds with it, like `tjunk, tupdieyupdiedee` aaa enemy spotted, ratatatataboom

Offline Rawhide

• Part-time Cowboy
  • FH-Betatester
  • King of the Off-Topic Section
    • View Profile
    • #fhmod
« Reply #27 on: 14-11-2010, 23:11:09 »
So after my first take on CoH (demo on Steam) I gotta say I like this game

Downloading COHO!

Offline Rawhide

• Part-time Cowboy
  • FH-Betatester
  • King of the Off-Topic Section
    • View Profile
    • #fhmod
« Reply #28 on: 15-11-2010, 13:11:33 »
I love it

Great stuff and also free, combo breaker of awesomeness!

Offline 508th PIR Hawkeye

• Pacific? :D
    • View Profile
    • www.508thpir.com
« Reply #29 on: 26-11-2010, 14:11:11 »
I like the Men of War: Assault Squad beta better
"The American Paratrooper exists to give the  enemy soldier the best chance to die for his country." -- Gen. George Patton