Author Topic: Planes too fast/ too hard to controll  (Read 2205 times)

Offline IrishReloaded

• Leader of Irishforce
    • View Profile
Planes too fast/ too hard to controll
« on: 11-09-2011, 13:09:51 »
Imo the planes are too fast/ hard to controll
Eventhough they feel more realistic, compared to the mapsize and espessialy the short view distance the planes loose much of their power.
If you take Cobra e.g. the planes were always a fear for the german tanks, now you just ignore them. Only 3-4 players are really good with planes, the rest, like me, fly one round and crash into the next tree cause you cant pull up in time.

The planes at Bastonge are totaly useless too, cause 1) short viewdistance, 2) all white 3) planes are so fast that you just have 1 sec to focus on the target, but in this one second you need to pull up again to avoid a crash.

Plane speed, control, and view distance dont reall work well together.

Eventhough its nice to make planes controlling harder, to simuliate a more realisic handling, its overdone imo.

;)

Offline Butcher

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    • View Profile
Re: Planes too fast/ too hard to controll
« Reply #1 on: 11-09-2011, 14:09:07 »
yeah .. i sucked at flying before 2.4 - now im hopeless. i was flying on bastogne some time ago and i couldnt attack a village where the germans were, because i couldnt see anything and i was to fast. when i lowered the speed i was so slow that everybody could shoot at me. the new vision (cockpit zoomed out) makes it impossible for me to spot someone except some unlucky tanks standing on open fields.

however keep in mind that tanks were also nerfed vs aircraft. in 2.3 i could shoot down aircraft  with the coax mg of every tank, now its harder, because of the turret speed limit.
He got banned for our sins. He was not the member FH forums deserved, he was the member we needed.

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 11-09-2011, 14:09:49 »
IMO we need BIGGER (*hint* French Hope *hint*) maps to take advantage of planes properly... Just compare flying in El-Alamein with flying in Bastogne...
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline IrishReloaded

• Leader of Irishforce
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 11-09-2011, 14:09:59 »
actually you could change plane settings for africa and normandy. So that the old spitfire/ hurrican types have different settings then Hurrican, Thypoon BF109.
Cause; Cobra, Bastonge, Totalize are small maps compared with Gazala, or El al, and the view distance is pretty bad.

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 11-09-2011, 14:09:36 »
to be honest I'm dissapointed seeing this thread - before 2.4 community was whinning about x-wing flying phycics and now flying is to hard? guys, seriously wtf? If you have problem with flying go singlepayer and crash milion times but learn to fly or leave planes for players like karel88  ;D

I havn't any problems with flying (but with my connection cause 99% of my crashes are caused by lags :P ) playing on mouse I'm not even using a joystick!!

I can only agreed with statement that Bastogne planes are useless but it is because of shitty weather and short view distance on that map SO it is maps fault not the planes...
« Last Edit: 11-09-2011, 15:09:38 by jan_kurator »

Offline IrishReloaded

• Leader of Irishforce
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 11-09-2011, 14:09:12 »
Before 2.4 it was too easy, too arcadish, now its too hard, too realistic and compared to the mapsize not good.

There must be a way in the middle !

Offline Potilas

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 11-09-2011, 15:09:31 »
Indeed no need aircrafts for new 2.4 maps. Weather was mostly bad for the air missions during battle of the bulge. After july -44 luftwaffe was only shadow from its previous might. Air support for western fronts must be close to non existent. So, weather was bad and german didnt issue air support-> get rid of the planes  :P

New fly physics require highest possible view distance what we can ever get. I would say 450m is absolut minimum. Less than that annoys hell out of pilots  :-[

Offline McCloskey

• Developer
  • Heart or head, either way Jerry's dead!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 11-09-2011, 15:09:27 »
God dammit, leave it as it is. It might be hard but it's not impossible. I love that ever since 2.4 came out I already shot down many more FW190s with P-51 on Cobra compared to the previous releases where they totally dominated the skies despite the unfavorable ratio.

Offline Neighbor Kid

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 11-09-2011, 16:09:30 »
I love flying now.. i can fly and straff just fine.. i love the gravity code feels alot like FH1..
http://i52.tinypic.com/245iq1l.jpg
My Day Begins When Your Days End

Offline Hjaldrgud

• BF2 Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 11-09-2011, 18:09:32 »
I think it's better now. Bastogne is hopeless, but overall it is good. The AA would rip the planes to shreds if they were slower.

"Generous and brave men live the best" -Hávamál

Offline :| Hi

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 11-09-2011, 18:09:36 »
My only problem is the view distance. As a keyboard pilot, I've no problem with the flight model

[2:06:54 PM] Tolga: cant use tha shit underwater -Tolga on the G3

Offline Josh094

• FH-Betatester
  • Oh dear.
    • View Profile
    • ProjectBarrett
« Reply #11 on: 11-09-2011, 18:09:48 »
I find flying easier now...

god damn, if we go back to 2.3 physics heads will role.

Offline flyboy_fx

• rockets,rc stuff,and collecting/making ww2 models
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 11-09-2011, 20:09:40 »
I love flying now.. i can fly and straff just fine.. i love the gravity code feels alot like FH1..

Indeed! I kill loads of tanks in bastonge! In real life it is not easy to spot tanks that are not in a field...
Don't hate the forum, hate it's users...

Offline NTH

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 11-09-2011, 23:09:05 »
Don't bomb a tank on your first run. First get a visual, make a turn and then bomb it. It's almost impossible to get a visual, bomb the tank and have enough time to pull up in one run in maps like Bastogne

Milton Gault roared, "Roffey, I know bloody well that Jerry knows we are here but you don't need to advertise the fact!"
(From: First in the Field, Gault of the Patricias by Jeffery Williams, page 72.)

Offline flyboy_fx

• rockets,rc stuff,and collecting/making ww2 models
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 11-09-2011, 23:09:10 »
Exactly! On desert maps even too!
Don't hate the forum, hate it's users...