Author Topic: Some seriously epic action on Villers Bocage  (Read 3388 times)

Offline Hockeywarrior

• One of the superior 5-digit numbers
    • View Profile
Some seriously epic action on Villers Bocage
« on: 02-02-2010, 05:02:54 »
Seriously guys, that map is the SHIT. Sadly I rarely can play FH2 because lately my internet connection has been super slow (and my landlord won't fix it -- oh the joy), but I got a chance to get some gaming in last week when I was getting decent speeds.

I was in a squad with 1 other guy called "GETITDONE!" (if you see this squad it's always mine) and were working together as an AT team on that map ... talk about a huge blast. The detail is outstanding, the capture points are perfectly spaced, the view distance is great, and amazingly the performance is great for me too. Honestly my favorite 2.25 map.

It's got great infantry combat -- urban settings, country settings, and house to house fighting. At the same time, being a tanker is a blast with plenty of places to ambush enemies while still making you worried about AT infantry who could be anywhere.

Great job on this map devs ... now if only I could play it more often!

Check out my Red Orchestra, FH2, and shooting videos!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQK9lbdAEi9mAM5iGfHoeyA

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
Re: Some seriously epic action on Villers Bocage
« Reply #1 on: 02-02-2010, 05:02:44 »
^ I support Him.

Offline Guderian

• Developer
  • Level Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 02-02-2010, 06:02:20 »
Well sir, I'm so glad you enjoy the map and your comments are flattering to hear thank you. I just hope my next project can live up to your expectations. I do have a strong feeling it will.  ;)

Offline hankypanky

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 02-02-2010, 06:02:58 »
Well sir, I'm so glad you enjoy the map and your comments are flattering to hear thank you. I just hope my next project can live up to your expectations. I do have a strong feeling it will.  ;)
Great map mate! My fav ty for making it! I can't wait to play your future project :)
My ingame name is [PUG]mr.hanky1945

Offline kingtiger1891

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 02-02-2010, 06:02:31 »
Villers is good, the only problem is, tanks in both main base of each side could be hit very easily, seems the base need more protection, just as the one in goodwood

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 02-02-2010, 08:02:47 »
Villers is good, the only problem is, tanks in both main base of each side could be hit very easily, seems the base need more protection, just as the one in goodwood

with what can yo hit them? with tanks or with mortars?. and in allied main? can you hit allied tanks on their spawning ground with an axis tank from outside?
I just added a 6pdr to the allied main for the next patch, but if you say you can see the allied tanks spawn then we must look at better protection for sure, I will look at this.
German main I know allready is slightly more exposed, but seeing a they have a pak40, a Lefh18 and quite close to two flags from there, they should be able to break out.
-thanks-

Offline Archimonday

• Sir vis pacem, para bellum!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 02-02-2010, 12:02:24 »
Kudos to Guderian!  ;D *swigs tea as a result of being too much of a straightened arrow to drink*

Offline Knitschi

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 02-02-2010, 13:02:31 »
The map is my favorite of the last release too. It offers all kinds of "Jobs" for the player and has a big variety of gameplay. ATM I like to use AT guns pretty much. HE rocks the infantry and tankers very often forget to check the guns so you have time to change to AT and teach them what to look for  ;D

Offline kingtiger1891

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 02-02-2010, 13:02:25 »

with what can yo hit them? with tanks or with mortars?. and in allied main? can you hit allied tanks on their spawning ground with an axis tank from outside?
I just added a 6pdr to the allied main for the next patch, but if you say you can see the allied tanks spawn then we must look at better protection for sure, I will look at this.
German main I know allready is slightly more exposed, but seeing a they have a pak40, a Lefh18 and quite close to two flags from there, they should be able to break out.
-thanks-
Thanks for the reply, I mean axis tank can see allied tank spawn yes, and the axis tank getting out of base entrance can be shot by firefly and achilles too, I've seen many achilles stay on the end of the road near D7/E7 and keep shooting any axis tank coming out from the base

Offline Capten_C

• Well well well well well well well
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #9 on: 02-02-2010, 13:02:24 »
I could play it all day, so many different situations  8)

*P.S.  What/where is the loading music called/from?
« Last Edit: 02-02-2010, 13:02:52 by Capten_C »
LEGENDARY FORGOTTEN HOPE 2 ROUNDS!!! >> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xtJF9fL1YI

Offline Beatrix[NL]

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 02-02-2010, 14:02:01 »
I cannot agree more with the above comments, the map is amazing.

Two things that could be improved IMO;
- The lighting. It seems rather dark, with the colors having a high contrast. Good lighting for this map would more in the direction of e.g.  Lebisy.
- The "forest" at the german base. It would be awesome if this could be moved somewhere at the centre of the map, with a capture point in its centre, unreachable for tanks, allowing for some nice sneaky infantry fighting.

What do you guys think?

Offline Gezoes

• There is no middle ground.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 02-02-2010, 14:02:34 »
Indeed, the intro music is very dark and fitting. Much like PHL, but I know that's a Battlefield tune, this isn't right? Wonderful map for sure :D

"If I wasn't a little mad, I'd go mad."

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 02-02-2010, 14:02:08 »
So, no one played FH? If you did, you should know what the loading music is.  :P

Offline Timmay9/11

• Toff Opic
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 02-02-2010, 14:02:07 »
Seriously guys, that map is the SHIT.

omg!  I really had to read your commend twice to understand that you meant that positive
There is only one thing I’m afraid of,  Nazi Zombies!!!
And remember Kids, never say these words on a nazi graveyard
ia ia cthulhu fhtagn ia ia nazi zombie fhtang

Offline von.small

• Last of my kind
    • View Profile
    • WEARMEME
« Reply #14 on: 02-02-2010, 14:02:49 »
Is there a smaller version of Villers that just focuses on the town itself Villers Bocage - it's the most amazing bit of fighting terrain to come out of the most recent maps (imo) I mean they are all good, but Villers, I could just sit there and watch it.

It would be awesome if there was a smaller version as I'm planning a street battle movie over at ForgottenMovies forum, if we had a smaller version it could  be part of the dev/testers vs forums night, dreams coming true...

HadrianBT - Why the hell would "Germany" attack pigmy ppl??!!
Thorondor123 - I agree that people are not wearing enough hats