Author Topic: Quote the first post you ever made here  (Read 2619 times)

Offline Ionizer

• Carrier of Squirrel Flu
    • View Profile
Quote the first post you ever made here
« on: 09-10-2009, 00:10:10 »
The thread over in Suggestions started by TwisedJester (and the many compliments he got on it) have inspired me to make this thread.  The premise is simple: Simply search for your first post on these (and/or your first post on the Old FileFront forums) and quote it in this thread.  This is to see how far we've all come from being the noobiest of noobs to respected (or not :P) members of the Forgotten Hope Community.  I'll start off with my first posts here and on FF:

My first post here (nothing special, really):
Nice to see everything starting up again.  We'll make this place feel like home real soon.

My first post over on FileFront (or at least, the earliest one I can find, I did post it the day I joined the forums):
Quote from: Ionizer (Re: Historical Sound and Texture Pack by Mr. Cheese and Bratwurst: SUMMARY EDITION, March 19th, 2007)
I finally got my patch working, and the lightning sounds great!

Okay, so my first posts are kinda lame.  Maybe everyone else's are more interesting?  Come on, post 'em up!

Offline Desertfox

• Knowledge is power, and power corupts.
    • View Profile
Re: Quote the first post you ever made here
« Reply #1 on: 09-10-2009, 00:10:20 »
Mine was: Why is there no Pacific Campaign in FH2?

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 09-10-2009, 00:10:17 »
All SS soldiers had a totenkopf on their hat.  Panzer units had it on the collar tabs, and one cavalry division (von Mackenson) had one small one in between their cockade and eagle on their cap.  The way to tell totenkopf divisions is that they will have a skull on their right collar tab, and a totenkopf cufftitle, which would either say Totenkopf, or consist of just a skull.

And for the original FH forums on file front, I have no clue...That was WAY back in 2004, and I doubt its even around anymore >:
« Last Edit: 09-10-2009, 02:10:08 by VonMudra »

Offline Kubador

• FH-Betatester
  • Flippin' Warbears since 1988
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09-10-2009, 00:10:12 »
After a quick search I found my first post on FF forums.

Hi, I'm a long time FH gamer and forum viewer but I've never had a change (mainly subject) to post here, until now. Well I assume that FH2 information/alarm toolbar (like, "enemy tank spotted!") will be similar (if not the same) as in BF2. Well the point is that an option "Building Clear" could be added because i think it's quite usefull. Hmm, that's all I think (I'm not the type of a writer). FHope that you get my point ;P.

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 09-10-2009, 00:10:35 »
Why am I here again?

My first post here.

Offline Ionizer

• Carrier of Squirrel Flu
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 09-10-2009, 01:10:23 »
All SS soldiers had a totenkopf on their hat.  Panzer units had it on the collar tabs, and one cavalry division (von Mackenson) had one small one in between their cockade and eagle on their cap.  The way to tell totenkopf divisions is that they will have a skull on their right collar tab, and a totenkopf cufftitle, which would either say Totenkopf, or consist of just a skull.

And for the original FH forums on file front, I have no clue...That was WAY back in 2006, and I doubt its even around anymore >:

Actually, Mudra, I checked and you joined FF in 2004.  The earliest post I can find of yours is from January 2005 (about 2-3 months after you joined):

Quote from: Von Mudra (Re: The Official Totally useless TKS worship thread!, January 5, 2005)
Quote from: Anlushac11
I had captured flag in the mine and was waiting in ambush for someone to come in and retake it. I heard engine noise and hought tank was on top of the mine.

Imagine my suprise when a 20mm gun barrel pokes around the corner INSIDE THE MINE and I was killed.
Well, that might have been me, when was it? I brought that thing in there, playing on german side, on sunday. I killed a bunch of people with it in the mine, kick ass!

I used to do that on that map too...

After a quick search I found my first post on FF forums.

Hi, I'm a long time FH gamer and forum viewer but I've never had a change (mainly subject) to post here, until now. Well I assume that FH2 information/alarm toolbar (like, "enemy tank spotted!") will be similar (if not the same) as in BF2. Well the point is that an option "Building Clear" could be added because i think it's quite usefull. Hmm, that's all I think (I'm not the type of a writer). FHope that you get my point ;P.

See, this is more along the lines of what I was expecting from most people:  Kinda vague, but good intentioned suggestions in the Suggestions forum.  Well, that, or some kinda post looking for help with technical issues.

Keep 'em coming.

Why am I here again?

My first post here.

You cheated, go find your first post on FF.

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 09-10-2009, 01:10:38 »
How is it cheating?

Theres no #1 post by me in FF anymore because very old ones died. You can go and quote my "first" post there, but its not the first one. And yes, I said you can go, because I dont go over to FF anymore.  :P

Offline Eat Uranium

• Tea Drinker
  • Global Moderator
  • Today's news will contain [REDACTED]
    • View Profile
    • FH2 Music
« Reply #7 on: 09-10-2009, 01:10:12 »
My first post here is a bit average I think:
Nice new home, but you need to relink the forum button on the new website, it still points to filefront.

My earliest post on FF (since it only backdates 500 and I have 510+ posts there) is:
Maybe it means they will release the torrent at the weekend in time for a general release next wednesday

Offline Thorondor123

• God Emperor
  • Global Moderator
  • Lugbûrz-ûr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 09-10-2009, 01:10:33 »
First on these forums:
Hullo

My first post in the FF forums was back in the 2003.
Let mortal heroes sing your fame

Offline [130.Pz]S.Lainer

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
    • 130th
« Reply #9 on: 09-10-2009, 02:10:45 »
June 30 2005

I love the way BF2 does the maps myself. However I have to say that all there maps have way to many flags! Same thing I hate about many FH maps. Just give me 3 or 4 flags to fight over and I am a happy camper...Its a very rare thing but nice to find a BF2 server with 64 players on a 32 player sized map.

WTF?  Before FH1 push maps maybe?  Ohh if only I could travel back in time and kick myself in the teeth.
http://www.bfewaw.com/campaigns/waw24/promo/campaign/waw24banner1.png
The purpose of this deployment was to "annoy and defy the United States ... on her with Bofors 40 mm guns from a range of 650

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 09-10-2009, 02:10:18 »
Gah, you're right, it was 2004...my bad xD  Donno why I thought 2006....

I do wonder though what my first post was=/

Offline Captain Pyjama Shark

• Masterspammer
  • Captain of the Gravy Train
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 09-10-2009, 02:10:22 »
How you kiddos delving far enough to find your original FF posts?

[130.Pz]S.Tiemann

« Reply #12 on: 09-10-2009, 02:10:16 »
Seems i posted a suggestion
I posted this in the temp forums but this is probably a better place. :)

It would be a cool vehicle for the canadians and even the british
Quote from: wikipedia
A Kangaroo was a World War II British or Commonwealth armoured personnel carrier (APC), created by conversion of a tank chassis. Created as an expedient measure by the Canadian Army, the Kangaroos were so successful that they were soon being used by British forces as well. Their ability to manoeuvre in the field with the tanks was a major advantage over earlier designs, and led to the dedicated APC designs that were introduced by almost all armies immediately after the war.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kangaroo_(armoured_personnel_carrier)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/af/Ram_Kangaroo_1_Bonvington.jpg

Offline Nerdsturm

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 09-10-2009, 04:10:27 »
I can't say mine is very interesting:
WOLF still plays a lot of 16 and 32 player maps to start off the night, and I've actually had more fun on some of them then on full 64 maps. The only problem is a lot of the small maps get really unbalanced once you go over their ideal number of players-I've yet to see axis ever win 16-Giarabub if there are more than about 20 people on- which means if admins aren't on to switch to larger maps it doesn't really help the server grow.
I have a FF account too but I never posted on the FH2 forums.

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 09-10-2009, 04:10:45 »
First of all, Excuse me (i am newbie here, buat i have been playing BF1942 since 3 yrs ago)

I vote for no, despite it will increase the realism (as what we all wanted it to be). If it then...

Dated  August 26th, 2005

Yowza! I'm quite old now  ;D