Forgotten Hope 2 > Community Polls

Transports showing in mini-map

<< < (5/6) > >>

GeoPat:

--- Quote from: Slayer on 25-08-2018, 14:08:29 ---If you want sneaky gameplay, there are games designed for that, like those James Bond games.

--- End quote ---

We don't need other games.  This one is perfect for sneaking around on big conquest maps.  It makes use of the best that the BF2 engine offers.  It allows high ping, average skilled players the opportunity to outsmart their foe.

IMO, many of the stock maps actually keep the action where the engine is buggiest, lot's of people at close quarters.  It turns a great game into lag and frag, spawn die spawn die.  In general it favors low pingers with good shooter skills.  It's basically a field day for young Germans, atm.

As for the tournament, it takes a lot of team work to pull off a good sneak attack.  There is nothing quite like attacking a flag simultaneously from different directions and wiping out the defenders.  There is also nothing quite as great as using a sneak attack on a back flag to flip the tables on an enemy team that thought it was winning.  That's how we can play the same map for 6-7 rounds and each round feels completely different.

As for other games, I'm pretty sure almost every WW2 FPS game out there does what some of the stock maps are trying to do which is script the gameplay.

Flippy Warbear:
Is EOD2 really popular in the tournament scene, GeoPat?

Nerdsturm:

--- Quote from: GeoPat on 25-08-2018, 16:08:19 ---IMO, many of the stock maps actually keep the action where the engine is buggiest, lot's of people at close quarters.  It turns a great game into lag and frag, spawn die spawn die.  In general it favors low pingers with good shooter skills.  It's basically a field day for young Germans, atm.

--- End quote ---

Frankly, this is what most people want from the game. Players want action, and don't care enough about winning the map to wait around defending flags that rarely, if ever, get attacked. IMO this is why most of the CMP maps play poorly on the public servers - I mean you can sneak attack the rear flags on Westwall but even on a 100 player server the probability that there will be any defenders there is low.

But I think transports should stay visible just because they're usable transports and players may need them. Teamlocking transports would be okay though, as it's easy to teamkill players in enemy jeeps since they're so fast that you have little time to check the minimap.

GeoPat:
That is a good point Nerdstrum.  Luckily the tournament is still strong going for those who like its gameplay.  I'm working on a stripped down version of Westwall for the next CMP release.  Fewer flags more tanks.

@Flippy.  Unfortunately EOD2 is dead.  I don't think most people have even heard of it.  Maybe we will get an event or mini-campaign going, like we have with BF Pirates2.  I would like to try it out with multiplayer.

Flippy Warbear:

--- Quote from: GeoPat on 25-08-2018, 18:08:04 ---@Flippy.  Unfortunately EOD2 is dead.  I don't think most people have even heard of it.  Maybe we will get an event or mini-campaign going, like we have with BF Pirates2.  I would like to try it out with multiplayer.

--- End quote ---

You'd think EOD2 was doing great in the tournament world if sneaking is the way to play in them.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version