Forgotten Hope 2 > Community Polls

Do we need more Africa maps?

<< < (3/3)

jan_kurator:
First of all, you guys are replying to a 2 years old topic, and I can assure you that no one is working on any African maps at the moment.

--- Quote from: Turkish007 on 17-06-2019, 19:06:12 ---I'd like to see overhauls of existing Africa maps instead of new ones. Some really need some work on the looks and gameplay.

--- End quote ---
People keep saying that, but in the end it is nothing more but complaining, since no one ever bothers to even elaborate what do they mean by that. Improve the gameplay? Sure, that's technically easier than visual updates due to nature of how mapping in BF2 engine works (for example moving even one static will completely break the singleplayer layer that will have to be redone from scratch after each visual update).

There plenty of room for the gameplay improvements though, but what exactly, where and why should be changed? Explain in details, and we can talk.

Turkish007:

--- Quote from: jan_kurator on 17-06-2019, 20:06:51 ---People keep saying that, but in the end it is nothing more but complaining, since no one ever bothers to even elaborate what do they mean by that. Improve the gameplay? Sure, that's technically easier than visual updates due to nature of how mapping in BF2 engine works (for example moving even one static will completely break the singleplayer layer that will have to be redone from scratch after each visual update).

There plenty of room for the gameplay improvements though, but what exactly, where and why should be changed? Explain in details, and we can talk.

--- End quote ---

I think we had another thread where we discussed this issue. ;) I just thought it would be appropriate to also state my opinion here.

Korsakov829:

--- Quote from: jan_kurator on 17-06-2019, 20:06:51 ---First of all, you guys are replying to a 2 years old topic, and I can assure you that no one is working on any African maps at the moment.

--- Quote from: Turkish007 on 17-06-2019, 19:06:12 ---I'd like to see overhauls of existing Africa maps instead of new ones. Some really need some work on the looks and gameplay.

--- End quote ---
People keep saying that, but in the end it is nothing more but complaining, since no one ever bothers to even elaborate what do they mean by that. Improve the gameplay? Sure, that's technically easier than visual updates due to nature of how mapping in BF2 engine works (for example moving even one static will completely break the singleplayer layer that will have to be redone from scratch after each visual update).

--- End quote ---

Good old Jan, being a condescending dickhead for nearly a decade who'd no doubt give a wordy response to being called out on it. He should really make a change so that he's not perceived with such a douche attitude because honestly he's probably an okay person and doesn't mean to chase people off with his seemingly unpleasant demeanor.

How is that for an explanation for a improvement to be made, or do you need something of a higher caliber?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version