Forgotten Hope 2 > Singleplayer and Coop

Singleplayer in Forgotten Hope 2.5

<< < (2/10) > >>

tempest:
Are the "bad" maps not working now because of 2.5, or are they just not up to 2.5 standards?  Are they basically exactly as they were before, or did something gamebreaking happen to them?  I feel like I remember some of those maps working when I played them last!

gavrant:

--- Quote from: Oberst_Kroenen on 09-02-2016, 01:02:42 ---Hmm thats probobly why my game crashed on Hurtgen forest....

--- End quote ---
Yes, Hurtgen Forest was exactly the map where I localized the bug and found its cause. Stupid trees :)

--- Quote from: tempest on 09-02-2016, 01:02:10 ---Are the "bad" maps not working now because of 2.5, or are they just not up to 2.5 standards?  Are they basically exactly as they were before, or did something gamebreaking happen to them?  I feel like I remember some of those maps working when I played them last!

--- End quote ---
Bastogne is broken from the moment it was released. As for the rest of the "bad" maps, I just don't know their current state, I haven't tested them, to be honest. They may be playable without any terrible bugs, but may be totally not playable, or may just miss some new equipment from the corresponding multiplayer layer. The only thing for sure is that those maps have not got updates supposed to improve AI spawning, AI pathfinding, etc. Let's call it "play at your own risk" maps.

tempest:
Good to know!  I look forward to trying out all your hard work on the "good" list, and am, of course, excited for the eventual AI being added to the Eastern Front maps  ;D

Darman:
Thanks for all the details, and of course for all the effort! Although I would argue that there are, except for Bastogne maybe, no "bad" maps, unless 2.5 has severely broken them (didn't get the impression playing a bit yesterday). They work, and most still provide immense fun even with the Bots being stuck at some occasions. But of course I couldn't test 99% since the latest release yet.

Anyway, since there is no navmesher on the Dev Team to create Bot support for the new maps right now, I'm trying to see wether I can create a simple navmesh in the meantime myself, because I just can't wait to play these maps, they look amazing. Anyway my first attempt, Arad, is already giving me severe headaches with untracable crashes when trying to Render the AI... Its good to hear that the vehicles are ready to go though, that eliminates one possible source for errors.

gavrant:
Darman, please do not try your luck in navmeshing of Pegasus or the EF maps. The problem is that many statics on these levels are simply not ready for navmeshing. You won't get tolerable AI pathfinding with statics being in this state.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version