Author Topic: Expanded volume settings  (Read 555 times)

Offline CHRISTIEFRONTDRIVE

• View Profile
Expanded volume settings
« on: 10-10-2015, 09:10:36 »
Oh shit Morty, looks like we crashed into a reality where you still have to do the obligatory "I don't know if this is possible, but..." routine when suggesting a way to improve Forgotten Hope

Ah geez

Time is running out: currently we have three options for sound settings in FH2, where we can adjust volume: Effects (gun sounds, explosions, etc.), Music (map load songs & menu music) and the Help Voice.

Is it possible that through the Audio page on the launcher, we could have instead of just "Effects", different options for things like gun noise, ambient noise, vehicle engine noise, plane engine noise, etc. I don't think any part of the FH2 audio is off, and the ambient noise is of course gorgeous (go walk around Keren 32 on an empty server and tell me your dick doesn't get hard), but if this is possible it would be really cool. 

I have a ton of trouble hearing my squadmates when I'm in a vehicle, but if I go turn the effects down, ten seconds later we're bailing out and I can't hear footsteps, let alone an enemy machine gun that might be five feet from my head. But there are plenty of other reasons why this would be handy. I know quite a few people who like music in the background while they jab the shining needle of FH2 into a throbbing vein, and this would be excellent for those people.

It wouldn't need to be ultra-specific, like down so far that you can choose between 0-1000% volume setting for the sound of tearing meat and snapping tendons as you remove your bayonet from the enemy, but It would be great to be a little more picky with the volume in particular aspects of the mod.
Quote from: TASSER1
you suck. noone likes you. and your mother isn't pretty

Quote from: Eightball1182
Andrew.Drunk.Drive...I love u man. You get it...u get it 100%. Stay cool Canada brother.

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
Re: Expanded volume settings
« Reply #1 on: 10-10-2015, 10:10:27 »
Just set effects on 20-30% of volume, and voice on 100%, then turn your volume up and voila, you will hear you teammates very clear (dunno why this option is called "help voice" in the launcher and "voice over" in the game options, btw)

Those aspects of the game you mentioned cannot get separate volume controls, because they create one sound system where all sounds blend together and devs are doing their best to give you the best audible experience (yes, a lot of tweaks in this department have been done recenetly). Also, I can only imagine some people boosting volume of some aspects of the game to get unrealistic advantages over others, if your idea would be implemented.

Offline CHRISTIEFRONTDRIVE

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 10-10-2015, 12:10:19 »
Just set effects on 20-30% of volume, and voice on 100%, then turn your volume up and voila, you will hear you teammates very clear (dunno why this option is called "help voice" in the launcher and "voice over" in the game options, btw)

Those aspects of the game you mentioned cannot get separate volume controls, because they create one sound system where all sounds blend together and devs are doing their best to give you the best audible experience (yes, a lot of tweaks in this department have been done recenetly). Also, I can only imagine some people boosting volume of some aspects of the game to get unrealistic advantages over others, if your idea would be implemented.

I will try your volume suggestions and report back.

I thought of those unfair advantages too (imagine if somehow a player could up the volume of enemy's footsteps, or become able to hear an enemy call an arty strike from half a click or something). That would make any positives worthless. So forget it if that's the case.

And like I said, this is no attack on the auditory part of FH2, which anybody with half a brain and a quarter of an ear can hear fucking rocks.

« Last Edit: 10-10-2015, 12:10:47 by CHRISTIEFRONTDRIVE »
Quote from: TASSER1
you suck. noone likes you. and your mother isn't pretty

Quote from: Eightball1182
Andrew.Drunk.Drive...I love u man. You get it...u get it 100%. Stay cool Canada brother.

Offline jan_kurator

• FH-Betatester
  • Magnificent Mustard
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 10-10-2015, 17:10:52 »
I thought of those unfair advantages too (imagine if somehow a player could up the volume of enemy's footsteps, or become able to hear an enemy call an arty strike from half a click or something). That would make any positives worthless. So forget it if that's the case.
Exactly that's the case, you know, some suggestion aren't bad, the problems is that devs need to design features which will work for whole community, including some immature players, trolls and cheaters who can exploit them and ruin gameplay for the others. Everything has to be as much idiot proof as possible, we can't rely on people's good will in public play ;)