Author Topic: Things to do in Stockholm  (Read 1092 times)

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
Things to do in Stockholm
« on: 16-04-2014, 08:04:12 »
Hi Guys,

since I know that there are some Scandinavian Friends here on this forum I'd like to ask around, if anyone has an insider tip for my little 2 day trip to Sweden's Capital, which I'm going to visit this weekend.

Cheers N24
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off

Offline Tedacious

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
Re: Things to do in Stockholm
« Reply #1 on: 16-04-2014, 09:04:37 »
Well i suppose it depends, you want to do some typical touristy stuff? Want to find some nice museums, parks, or perhaps clubs?
I see were you are trying to reach: "how can a 17 year old kid have such a thinking like this? why doesnt he wants to be like normal teens who whana get rich? and his plan actually makes sense, but is too damn revolutionary and good at the same time than is still doubthfull if it works..." - Damaso

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 16-04-2014, 09:04:03 »
Just something that is nice to see over Easter. Or something that you must see in Stockholm.
We'll be there 2 Nights and 1.5 days, so clubbing is not really a thing. Perhaps a nice bar/lounge though.^^

Offline FORGOTTENKEVINOHOPE

• View Profile

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 16-04-2014, 15:04:52 »
Avoid getting killed.

Biiviz

« Reply #5 on: 16-04-2014, 16:04:35 »
Booty.

Offline Tedacious

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 16-04-2014, 18:04:34 »
http://freakyflier.com/2010/11/17/jumbo-hostel-arlanda-airport-stockholm-sweden/

very quick google search   :)
I see and raise your Jumbo with the af Chapman hostel in this pic:

Did work in the tourist business for 2-3 years in Stockholm, and mostly advised people to go see The Vasa/Wasa-ship (Vasaskeppet). The worlds best preserved 17th century ship (from 1628). Built as the most modern and war-ship under Gustavus Adolphus rule, meant to be the glory of the swedish fleet.

On its maiden-journey, it made it about 1 kilometer before it sank.
Now, as a kid living in Stockholm you take field trips there like every year from the age of 6, so seen it way too many times that it lost it's charm. However, for a first-timer (and history-buffs in here) it should be a great view. (back in the 80's you were allowed to go on board, not anymore).

Made a quick map

Vasamuseet is underlined with black. On the same island "Djurgården" there is a lot of museums, the liquor-museum, ABBA-museum, and what I would recommend: Skansen (with google-maps pin on it). An open air museum with a zoo as well. The zoo takes up most of the park, but many old 19 and 18th century classic swedish buildings - working as a museum. Just taking a stroll here can be great on nice day.

Underlined with pink, is The Modern Museum. A very good museum of modern art. with brown is the acclaimed photographic museum supposed to be really good - haven't been there myself.

Inside blue circle is the old town, with narrow streets, cozy restaurants in basements and a few nice bars.

The red lines are perfect walkways up on the cliffs, giving you a great view of the city - love them both when out walking.

Light green is Medborgarplatsen, a square with a few bars. Lots of room to sit outside, and a meeting place. Not remarkably noteworthy, but a great place to sit in the sun and drink beer.

Black dot (on Närkegatan) is my favourite bar in stockholm. In a basement there is a bar in a bohemic fashion, (well, hipster-style). With boule-courts, ping pong tables, board games, darts, some video-games. Combined with beer, great music, and nice people - this place is great IMO.

Dark green dot is a great place for lunch. Kafé 44. The staff aren't over-friendly, but that's part of its charm. Everything is cheap, it's a very left-winged-cafe so to speak. Everything is vegan. different lunches every day (but always several sandwiches and soups as well). The sell Cuba-cola, not coca cola or pepsi - due to the places left/anarchist-history and theme.

Hope I could be of any help, just a few tips.

Edit: Granted, I never really venture north of the old town. That's the central and posh part of town (especially Östermalm), a beer costs 7-8 €, people are judgemental and excluding. There are of course nice places there as well, but I kinda wouldn't know.
« Last Edit: 17-04-2014, 00:04:19 by Tedacious »
I see were you are trying to reach: "how can a 17 year old kid have such a thinking like this? why doesnt he wants to be like normal teens who whana get rich? and his plan actually makes sense, but is too damn revolutionary and good at the same time than is still doubthfull if it works..." - Damaso

Offline Stubbfan

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 16-04-2014, 18:04:28 »
Hehe i like that guide :)

Offline Nilsson

• Forgotten...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 16-04-2014, 20:04:35 »
I liked that place at the black dot, but that was before so many people found out where it was...
I'd recommend Spotiys HQ, but you wont get in without an invitation.
Saunas are a passive-aggressive way of killing Russians.

Offline NTH

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 16-04-2014, 22:04:07 »
Stuff Stockholm and join me in Brazil instead  ;D We can avoid getting booty there together!

Milton Gault roared, "Roffey, I know bloody well that Jerry knows we are here but you don't need to advertise the fact!"
(From: First in the Field, Gault of the Patricias by Jeffery Williams, page 72.)

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 22-04-2014, 09:04:34 »
Thanks for all the tips. We had a nice trip and ended up in a few, but cool and very unexpected areas. :)
Södermalm was nice, but the amount of Skinheads was a bit unnerving. ^^
Other than that Stockholm is still as beautiful and expensive as I remember it. :)

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 22-04-2014, 11:04:27 »
the amount of Skinheads was a bit unnerving. ^^

Avoid getting killed.

You survived!

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 22-04-2014, 16:04:49 »
Södermalm was nice, but the amount of Skinheads was a bit unnerving. ^^

What? I thought they were okay towards fellow whiteys?

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 22-04-2014, 19:04:20 »
Most skinheads are very tolerant people. It's just that bald neonazis gave skinheads a bad name.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skinhead

Offline Tedacious

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 22-04-2014, 20:04:12 »
Most skinheads are very tolerant people. It's just that bald neonazis gave skinheads a bad name.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skinhead
This. Reacted to DLF saying there were a lot of skinheads, there aren't that many are there? Never noticed.
And if so, then there are mainly original skinheads, not neo-nazis. There are some definite telling signs and i sincerely hope for the first one.

Though, about a week ago there was a neo-nazi demonstration and march in Södermalm, faced with a lot of controversy, could be some after-effects of that one.