Author Topic: Pointe du Hoc 64  (Read 21303 times)

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
Re: General Spammy-ness of Point du Hoc
« Reply #15 on: 09-09-2009, 01:09:07 »
I'm liking it  more everytime I play it.  Saw the americans win fully last night, taking out the cannon and everything.   Was nice.

Offline Eatlead

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 09-09-2009, 02:09:51 »
grab a BAR and you win automatically. Plain and simple  ;D

Offline Hresvelgr

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 09-09-2009, 02:09:45 »
It comes down more to player quality. First round of 2.2 I played was PDH. I was an American and we one, me personally being the first to take out a gun. The real problems only come around when the Allied players are just dumb and reluctant to attack, as often happens.

Biiviz

« Reply #18 on: 09-09-2009, 02:09:01 »
It comes down more to player quality. First round of 2.2 I played was PDH. I was an American and we one, me personally being the first to take out a gun. The real problems only come around when the Allied players are just dumb and reluctant to attack, as often happens.

PErhaps they just need to learn how not to suck.

Offline Hockeywarrior

• One of the superior 5-digit numbers
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 09-09-2009, 02:09:03 »
I dont know I have had major frustrations on that map on a personal level. Like dying immediately without having a chance to move or take cover. It's also dumb when a whole set of Germans come running out of the hills all hipshooting HEAT rifle grenades and wiping you out.

I've had tons of complaints from people wishing the map was less spammy. I figured that at least SOMEONE on these forums has had a similar experience.

Check out my Red Orchestra, FH2, and shooting videos!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQK9lbdAEi9mAM5iGfHoeyA

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 09-09-2009, 02:09:55 »
Yeah, riflenades are a major hassle.

Offline Archimonday

• Sir vis pacem, para bellum!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 09-09-2009, 03:09:29 »
the map is grenade happy, but im not about to sacrifice realism for that. The only option is to lower the number of grenades each soldier can carry to one or two, instead of five or six.

Offline Eat Uranium

• Tea Drinker
  • Global Moderator
  • Today's news will contain [REDACTED]
    • View Profile
    • FH2 Music
« Reply #22 on: 09-09-2009, 03:09:45 »
the map is grenade happy, but im not about to sacrifice realism for that. The only option is to lower the number of grenades each soldier can carry to one or two, instead of five or six.
Where'd you get 5 or 6 from.  IIRC, the grenadelimit.con (or whatever its called) is active for this map, thus everyone only has 1 grenade/riflenade (except for the german HEAT grenade, I believe this was missed from the list).  Even without it active, they only have 2 or 3.

Personaly, I would separate the greman riflemen kits out.  Currently they have 2 identical ones + a pointless faust kit.  One would be a rifleman like those on Tunis with no grenades, the other two would either have a nade or a rifle nade and be limited.
« Last Edit: 09-09-2009, 03:09:37 by Eat Uranium »

Offline Hockeywarrior

• One of the superior 5-digit numbers
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 09-09-2009, 03:09:21 »
Now we're getting somewhere.

Check out my Red Orchestra, FH2, and shooting videos!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQK9lbdAEi9mAM5iGfHoeyA

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 09-09-2009, 08:09:07 »

have you played this mod?.... 5 or 6 nades have never happened in any FH version... and there is no "realism" taken in to account when we assign number of nades... We could remove nades from pdh in an instant, but if we do it for axis, we need to do it for allies also as otherwise it will be reversed nadespam on the axis after the Flak bunker. map is tough, but as we've seen with teamwork allies can win.

Offline Kev4000

• Developer
  • FH2 "special" coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 09-09-2009, 08:09:23 »
Perhaps we can use the (new?) Tunis setup for grenades.

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 09-09-2009, 08:09:45 »
New Setup? Oh yeah, i havent played Tunis yet, tell us dad.

Offline NoCoolOnesLeft

• Allied Bias
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 09-09-2009, 09:09:49 »
I don't think the Bazooka kit is ever used. Instead of nerfing the Germans, give the Americans some more offense. I suggest replacing the Bazooka kit with an M1 Carbine with a grenade. The usual Composition B would cause all kinds of mayhem and teamkills.

I'm glad the HEAT thing is a bug. That's the only other thing that troubles me about this map.

Offline Die Happy

• FH-Betatester
  • Live Long & Die Happy
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 09-09-2009, 09:09:15 »
bazooka kit is needed for the 32 player version of the map.
it is not a smaller map but  set up to simulate the german counter attack(americans hold all flags but the homestead which is the axis main).  this features a stug IV and hanomags without bazookas the americans wont stand much of a chance.

as for the 64player verison, i agree the nadespam is a bit much on the german side, specially those as*holes who need to rape the beach with their rifle grenades.
however why is everyone complaining about the german heat rifle grenade. tommys had them like forever and americans too and when the germans get an equivalent weapon everyone goes into whine mode ?
Live Long & Die Happy

Offline Moku

• Waaagh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 09-09-2009, 09:09:38 »
I did notice yesterday that I was dying time after time and reason was those german HEAT grenades. It seemed they just kept coming from nowhere and it started to happen around the destroyed bunker flag.