Author Topic: Crashing and Tanks  (Read 888 times)

Offline mft004

• View Profile
Crashing and Tanks
« on: 15-08-2013, 15:08:05 »
Hello sirs,
so two issues.

I installed Bf2, then 1.5 patch, then FH2.  I head over to FH2 to play Singleplayer maps (I don't use Multi, bad connection issues).  But with several of the maps I'll click to play/join game and the game just closes back to the desktop.  HP Laptop with IntelHD4000, 6GB RAM, Windows 8, 750gb HDD.

Second issue; I see that others have asked about this but I want to make sure what the correct answer is.  I want to see the tank I'm driving it from the outside.  I press the 'c' button and, to my immense frustration, nothing happens!  Please help.  Remember, this is for Singleplayer games only.  To repeat yet another poster's findings, the file which appeared to have the answer was gameplayPlugin.py, but that no longer exists - it's now gameplayPlugin.pyc with strange characters etc.  Solve this mystery!

Many thanks.
« Last Edit: 15-08-2013, 15:08:35 by mft004 »

Offline Berkolok

• Desert maps sucks
    • View Profile
Re: Crashing and Tanks
« Reply #1 on: 28-08-2013, 07:08:34 »
reply to second issue:simple fh2 doesnt have 3rd view for tanks otherwise it would be cool

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 28-08-2013, 09:08:09 »
The devs switched from using .py files to compiled Python (.pyc). This enables them to load faster. Unfortunately, it means they can't be edited as easily as before.

I believe you need a decompiler to turn it back into human-readable format and then edit the file and re-compile it with Python . Not sure if that will work though. Maybe some more experienced Python coders can confirm this?
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline mft004

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 04-09-2013, 18:09:48 »
Yep, sure hope they can