Author Topic: Teamkill Tolerance Point  (Read 1409 times)

Offline Berkolok

• Desert maps sucks
    • View Profile
Teamkill Tolerance Point
« on: 18-11-2012, 06:11:43 »
Basically when you teamkilled this appears left down of the screen and give you +4 point (normally teamkillerget -4) so it will makes everyone little bit happy what you think?

Offline Kradovech

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
Re: Teamkill Tolerance Point
« Reply #1 on: 18-11-2012, 09:11:45 »
I don't understand, what you are trying to say. Do you want to give positive score for teamkilling, instead of negative score??

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 18-11-2012, 09:11:07 »
When you get teamkilled, you get angry for losing all the chance by one bullet of a friendly player. He is just suggesting something to cheer the victim up. I say not 4 points but 2 or less would do.

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 18-11-2012, 10:11:02 »
Bad idea, people would just run into your MG fire to get points... The TK-er gets a punishment, that should be enough for you...

But what could work (and help you when you get TKed) is if you could spawn instantly after getting TK-ed... Not sure how hard is to implement this though..
« Last Edit: 18-11-2012, 10:11:37 by LuckyOne »
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...

Offline Kuupperi

• Professional spoilsport
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 18-11-2012, 11:11:01 »
Bad idea, people would just run into your MG fire to get points...
Or simply run over s-mines and anti-tank mines. -4 points is already a good punish for each teamkill.

Offline CHRISTIEFRONTDRIVE

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 18-11-2012, 17:11:32 »
This is one of those ideas that is great in a certain theoretical circumstance but in practice would just be abused so often. That said, with the level of teamkilling noobery we see these days with all the new players joining, I think there may be some less dramatic ways to make it a bit more fair. I've lost count of how many times I've sneaked around behind a flag to satchel a tank and been blasted by my teammates. I like the idea of no spawn wait time after a teamkill. Additionally, although I personally don't care, some players may like the idea if it was possible to not count as a death when you're teamkilled, so if you have a great round but get friendly fire'd a dozen times your score is a fairer reflection (but again, I personally like the idea of keeping it simple: this is how many you've killed, this is how many times you died from enemies or falling off a cliff or friendly fire, no exceptions).

Quote from: TASSER1
you suck. noone likes you. and your mother isn't pretty

Quote from: Eightball1182
Andrew.Drunk.Drive...I love u man. You get it...u get it 100%. Stay cool Canada brother.

Offline Korsakov829

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 19-11-2012, 00:11:42 »
I want to kill whoever shoots at me. Move him to the other side? Just an idea.

Offline Surfbird

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 19-11-2012, 16:11:54 »
Do I understand correctly that you want to punish teamkilling with a teamswitch ? If so, bad idea. Teamkills just accidently happen, to everyone. -4 points are quite right, but no more additional punish.

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 19-11-2012, 16:11:53 »
I dont like the -4 system. -2 maybe?

Offline Surfbird

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 19-11-2012, 19:11:02 »
Generally I agree, as accidental teamkilling, when you mistake an teammate for an enemy or when someone runs in your s-mine for example, should not be punished with -4 points.

On the other hand less penalty makes people go higher risk. So more people just shoot when unsure if friend or foe, throw that grenade in an unknown area with teammates nearby or shoot the HE shell somewhere where teammates might be for example.

So the inhibition level gets lowered and everyone just shoots, when it's a friendly it's just -2 points and it does not matter that much. So I think if penalty would be -2 only, team kills would overall slightly increase.

People might not all care about gaining maximum points possible on the scoreboard, but everyone feels bad when there are points removed you earned before, which usually makes you more cautious, so it does not happen too soon again. So the -4 is kinda imporant to keep the attention up and bring teamkilling to a minimum in my opinion.

Offline CHRISTIEFRONTDRIVE

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 19-11-2012, 19:11:48 »
When you walk over a friendly S-mine, you should be the one getting -4.
Quote from: TASSER1
you suck. noone likes you. and your mother isn't pretty

Quote from: Eightball1182
Andrew.Drunk.Drive...I love u man. You get it...u get it 100%. Stay cool Canada brother.

Offline Berkolok

• Desert maps sucks
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 20-11-2012, 15:11:15 »
i didnt think that yeah some noobs would want to killed them for point damn

Offline [QPS]_Sex_Bomb

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 20-11-2012, 17:11:34 »
When you walk over a friendly S-mine, you should be the one getting -4.

+1 absolutely.

Offline sheikyerbouti

• Yay, Rep feature is dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 21-11-2012, 13:11:48 »
 I think anyone who doesn't have their alt- button turned on should be getting minus a billion.

Now that we have mine warnings, AP mines are no longer a nuisance in my opinion. Now we need those same mine warning for anti-tank and then we will be cooking with gas. It would also make the engineer's more relevant again (by team mates relying on the mine sweeping ability)
My Quebec includes Canada

Offline LuckyOne

• Purple Heart Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 21-11-2012, 15:11:48 »
Now we need those same mine warning for anti-tank and then we will be cooking with gas. It would also make the engineer's more relevant again (by team mates relying on the mine sweeping ability)

There is, just on the flags, not the mines... But people rarely put the flags down...
This sentence is intentionally left unfinished...