Forgotten Hope 2 > Suggestions

DD tanks (duplex drive sherman)

(1/3) > >>

bakehouse:
I believe i mentioned this on the FF forums (so sad that they had to shut down.....we will never forget the fallen) but i was wondering if it was possible to add DD tanks to FH2.2 for Normandy............... i know they did not see much action and most of them sank due to the channel surf but some did make it. maybe you could have them spawn in long intervals say at 5 minutes after being destroyed. this would add a sence of them being rare like they were on D-Day.

anyway feel free to post your opinions here and tell me what you think.................... :)

Admiral Donutz:
Did you read the sticky? :p See:
http://fhpubforum.warumdarum.de/index.php?topic=18.0

The Sherman DD is quite well known, I think everybody on this forum knows about them.  So the devs know about these, but if you look at how many were used in Normandy I'd say "Not likely we will see them". 

Oh and welcome to the (new) forums.

azreal:

--- Quote ---i know they did not see much action and most of them sank due to the channel surf but some did make it.
--- End quote ---

You pretty much answered your own question right there. Also, tanks in FH2 are so much more rape now. Here's a scenario I foresee happening:

#1 Americans get DD tanks, and to balance the map the Germans get an equal number of Pz4. If both tanks are on equal spawns the Pz4 will win the fight because it holds the high ground on the beach. After it destroys the Sherman, the Pz4 uses HE to rape LCVPs and infantry coming ashore.

#2 Same as 1, but Sherman is on 5 minute delay spawn like you said. In which case Pz4 wins again, and the result is the same as 1.

#3 No Pz4 this time, and a DD Sherman for Americans. The Sherman uses HE shells to kill Mg42 gunners in the bunkers, while infantry advances at ease up the beach.

bakehouse:
you guys have some good points there and come to think of it, it would be a little bit uneven but realy to balance it out put some at guns instead of panzer 4's .yes the still will rape the boats but if not AT guns then perhaps some arty further back from the beach to previde arty support for the germans.............anyway if it does not make it into the mod i dont care that much i looking forward to the M10 tank destry with the 3inch gun ....................oh and thank you for welcoming me to the fourms ;D

Pointblank86:
My view on this is mostly geared toward gameplay and then realism.

Germans didnt have tanks at the beaches, putting them in throws off the realism aspect.

Giving only americans tanks makes it easier for them to take the beach, possibly too easy.

In reality most of the tanks from the first wave didnt make it. simple reason for that is the DD Sherman did not work, and the few that didnt sink to the bottom of the channel got stuck in the soft sand on the beach.

My opinion is to create beaches in a first wave scenario. Mabey place a few destroyed and partialy sunken tanks on the beach and leave it at that.

Mabey you will see tanks on the beach and mabey not it all depends on how the map plays in testing i guess.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version