Author Topic: [WIP] Pacific Theater  (Read 3141 times)

Offline M.Buster

• View Profile
[WIP] Pacific Theater
« on: 08-07-2012, 23:07:27 »
First off, greatest WWII mod ever. Second, I have seen videos that show the Japanese faction but I cannot find the faction anywhere in the files, so is it just me or are these not released yet?

Alright on topic,

Have been researching and tweaking the US faction left and right. Now have come to an aspect that would be excellent, the Pacific. This theater had many ups and downs, but most of all this was where many soldiers have shown their merit. This is all being done on SINGLEPLAYER. So far I have been tweaking the US kits (because making a whole new faction is time consuming and I have little patience) to use the weapons that were issued to soldiers in the Pacific Theater.
I will be updating this thread with screenshots and also will be taking request/suggestions. Also, sorry to the devs and admins if this is considered advertising. Just trying to get professional opinions and ideas for a SINGLEPLAYER conversion.

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
Re: [WIP] Pacific Theater
« Reply #1 on: 08-07-2012, 23:07:36 »
LOL
Anyway, what kind of kit changes did you make?

Offline versus

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 08-07-2012, 23:07:42 »
If youre talking about a video from WaW (http://bfewaw.com) your right.
We do have an "extra teams" addon. Only the flags and sounds of that nation, since we do not have modellers that ever made models like players.
Myself started at some models from japanese weapons, (can also be seen on the WaW website).
I have already some quick models but am lacking time to finish them and UVW unwrapping takes alot of time...
We also have some pacific maps, most of them are classics that are ported from bf42/fh1

Offline M.Buster

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 08-07-2012, 23:07:46 »
Could I maybe get a DL link to those maps? I am no modeler so I wouldnt know where to start when it came to making different weapons. Basically this conversion is a bunch of scripting. I do not model nor do I enjoy texturing (I use GIMP, sadly) so any scripting I can do but I am not taking any credit for what I am doing either. None of the material is new. All of it is just "tweaked".

Offline M.Buster

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 08-07-2012, 23:07:57 »
Well im working on changing the kits similar to the ones seen in "The Great Raid". Many of the kits are fine as they are to work well with this "conversion" but I am going to implement the Vickers into the US faction as well as texture changes to the faction skins. For example, the Rangers in The Great Raid wore watch caps and not standard helmets. I am working to tweak maybe the german kits (still searching for one that uses cap instead of helmet) to have us weapons but use the same kit mesh so that way I can just re-texture the uniforms. Also, maybe re-texturing the recon class to use the airborne uniforms but also use the watch cap to represent the "Alamo Scouts" that assisted in reconnaissance for the Raid on Cabanatuan.

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 08-07-2012, 23:07:28 »
And how are these kits different from the normal US kits?

Offline M.Buster

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 08-07-2012, 23:07:36 »
The only difference in the kits is the weapons. I am implementing different weapons to each kit. Some kits may have 2 weapons, some kits may not have grenades where before it did, and other similar things.

Offline M.Buster

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 08-07-2012, 23:07:48 »
Okay so made the weapon changes.

Engineer kit now carries the winchester, along with the M2 ap mine and some CompB.
Only kits to carry the Colt 1911 are the NCO, Scout, and the Engineer.
All M1 Garands will no longer have the bayonet, only the M3 Knife.
The Vickers .303 has been added as a "PickUp" kit to add into a map. (been doing this with the Boot Camp map)

Now currently working on the soldier textures and which uniforms they will use. Still need a pacific map to add all this into though.....Anyway screenshots will be in shortly.

Offline pizzzaman

• Test Map De-coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 09-07-2012, 01:07:55 »
Will the springfield also be a kit?  8)
You are bathing in misery and hope, waiting for someone to come and pull the plug.

Offline M.Buster

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 09-07-2012, 16:07:11 »
Been debating whether to use the Springfield 1903a3 or the Enfield M1917 as far as the Recon kit goes.
If you watch "The Great Raid", most of the U.S. Army at that time were issued the M1 Garand, while smaller, more clandestine units still used the M1917/M1903a3. The Alamo Scouts were the small group who provided recon on the POW camp at Cabanatuan before the raid. From what wiki says, they were the beginning of the US Special Forces because of the recon and other actions they performed in the Pacific.

*EDIT* Still working on the issue with the uniforms as well. Anyone have any good links to the type of uniforms used during the Pacific Campaign?
« Last Edit: 09-07-2012, 16:07:22 by M.Buster »

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 09-07-2012, 17:07:47 »
great raid was a pretty decent flick, I had a rough outline for a map based on it back in the FH1 days.

Offline M.Buster

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 09-07-2012, 21:07:39 »
Indeed. ^

Anyway so...I know this question may sound stupid but is WaW an add-on for FH2? and if so what is included in the add-on? Because if this add-on has what I need for this conversion I would like to know before downloading it.

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 09-07-2012, 21:07:25 »
WAW is a tournament for FH2.

www.bfewaw.com

Offline pizzzaman

• Test Map De-coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 09-07-2012, 21:07:22 »
Do you have any screens yet?
You are bathing in misery and hope, waiting for someone to come and pull the plug.

Offline M.Buster

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 09-07-2012, 22:07:19 »
Just need to figure out the uniforms still. Been google-ing around and so far have the uniforms down as far as color and what they carry but cannot for the life of me figure out WHICH FACTION HAS A WATCH CAP!