Forgotten Hope 2 > Singleplayer and Coop

SUGGESTIONS FOR THE AI DEV(S)

<< < (2/17) > >>

CosmonautVince:
Moved from outside thread: Hi sp community. Vc here to bitch again. Tonight I'm asking if there is any way or even suggestions for the ai for the anti tank class. While they for the most part use their rifles effectively. I'm wondering if it might be more realistic for the bots to seek cover and in out attack tanks when available. At the current moment the ai is a bit clunky with the anti tank grenades. The whole process can be seen. The soldier (usually from quite some distance away) selects the grenade, then walks (not sprints from what iv seen) aall the way up to the tank. (Dangerously close really.) Pulls the pin, throws, then sprints away. My suggestion is this is fixed obviously, but I'm interested in hearing more opinions on whats would be a good alternative to the current sluggish process.
EDIT: djinn has recently given the idea that the bots dash to and dash from the tank as a simple solution. I currently agree with this, but can anyone else elaborate?

CosmonautVince:
On that note as well, do the anti tank ai know how to use their at rifles? Or do they just fire indiscriminately at the tanks ignoriing weak points?

djinn:
Unfortunately, they fire indescriminately. Using AT rifles is Work in Progress. Originally they fired standing, since it was hard to get them to fire it prone. Now they are forced to only fire prone, but they still don't know that

You see them standing still sometimes because they are actually trying to fire standing, and cannot. Rarely, they might decided to fire prone. But tweaking needs to exist to make them fire prone ALL the time

What CAN be done is to make them fire at only light tanks. I recall the bots made a distinction between tank types, Not sure if it was only for heavy tanks i.e so that tanks switched to special AP, but if it also went for light tanks, then there might be a way to make them ONLY fire at those, so that it is effective.

Also, they need to fire at the very edge of their range so that they are still safe, while terrorizing the tanks at range. At closer range, their option should NOT be the rifle, but the bombs. That will be a possible workaround

But like I said, we are still trying to see how to get them to realize that the ONLY way to fire is prone.

CosmonautVince:
Congrats on sticky ! :D

:| Hi:
Congrats Djinn!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version