Forgotten Hope 2 > Suggestions

Tanks; View, Respawn Time, Crew and Damage

(1/6) > >>

DesertRat40-45:
Hey

I was playing FH2 and noticed that when you sit in a thank you got quite good view from the outside of the tank, like you sticked your head out hatch. But the bad side of such resolve is that tanker see e v r y t h i n g around his tank. Ofcourse that wasnt possible unless tanker showed his head out from hatch. And it looks quite unrealistic when a tank comes and just sprays everything around it. And here i got a wish to FH2 team. Please could you take away that view and replace it with a view from one of windows in tanks? Or resolve problem by making tanker siticking his head out of hatch to see whats outside. 
The second thing is the respawn time of tanks. As we know tanks had to be delivered. And it didnt take 5 seconds. If you could make tanks more "expensive" to the team. For example team which is loosing a tank, looses 5 tickers and so on and so on.
And for example tanks could get different damages. If it would get hit in the engine there could be special recovery veichles which could came and take it away to main base where there would be a repair zone.
And for last think, I think it would be nice if tanks would be used by 3 persons, 1 driver, 1 Hull MG gunner and one as the turret crew.
I also noticed that 2pdr in Crusaders and Crusiers dont make same damage as the stationary 2pdr. And Crusader isnt faster than Pz4 at all, that makes it totally useless on battlefield. Belive me i tried everything. Pz4 goes same speed as Crusader on reverse gear and thats some kind of rubbish. Crusaders have totally nothing to show at the battlefield so its best you modify these or just remove it from there.

Greets 8th Army squad NCO.

THeTA0123:
Ye.I agree with this.The Crusader Mark I needs a serious refit.They are next to useless.I once fired 10 shells at a Panzer 4 ON ITS REAR armor and it DINT died.He turned his turret, and fired once.And he was a complete rookie

I also like that idea bout the Full view of the tank.Would help alot on those maps where Panzers just sit around a CP killwhoring for ages.Would give a chance to actually go to the tank and trow a sticky at them

Admiral Donutz:

--- Quote from: DesertRat40-45 on 30-03-2009, 16:03:54 ---Hey

I was playing FH2 and noticed that when you sit in a thank you got quite good view from the outside of the tank, like you sticked your head out hatch. But the bad side of such resolve is that tanker see e v r y t h i n g around his tank. Ofcourse that wasnt possible unless tanker showed his head out from hatch. And it looks quite unrealistic when a tank comes and just sprays everything around it. And here i got a wish to FH2 team. Please could you take away that view and replace it with a view from one of windows in tanks? Or resolve problem by making tanker siticking his head out of hatch to see whats outside. 
--- End quote ---
The view represents a commander looking through the viewslits in his copula (which usually had a 360 degree view around. The game used to have an option to poke you head out of the tank but engine limitations kicked in: This meant that the player could fire a handweapon while inside the tank (hitting  people on the outside) and possibly some other issues. So unfortuntately this feature had to be removed.

So it would probably either be this or no external view at all unless CTZ finds an other way in the future to more realistiically portray tviews from tanks vs exploits/engine limitations/realism.

--- Quote ---The second thing is the respawn time of tanks. As we know tanks had to be delivered. And it didnt take 5 seconds. If you could make tanks more "expensive" to the team. For example team which is loosing a tank, looses 5 tickers and so on and so on.
--- End quote ---
This is a setting controlled by the mapper. Tank respawn times (and all vehicles for that matter) are and can be different on each map. If you think tanks or an other vehicle respawns too slowely or too fast you can post your feedback in the Feedback forum for said map.

--- Quote ---And for example tanks could get different damages. If it would get hit in the engine there could be special recovery veichles which could came and take it away to main base where there would be a repair zone.
--- End quote ---
Beent alked about often before.  Don't knowif we will see it but salavage vehicles would be cool. Again, the engine may not propperly support the towing of vehicles. So for now it's jsut the sapper that does repairs.

--- Quote ---And for last think, I think it would be nice if tanks would be used by 3 persons, 1 driver, 1 Hull MG gunner and one as the turret crew.
--- End quote ---
You mean that the gun (turret) would be seperated from the driver? The amount of players is kinds small (32 on one side at most) so this wuld be quite an impact on the team to require atleast two people to drive a tank. More over, you would be very dependant on the mutual skill and cooperation between two people. Which might wok in a clan but in public play this would eb a lot more tricky. So don't expect to see RO kind of tank controls. This has been done for gameplay reasons.

--- Quote ---I also noticed that 2pdr in Crusaders and Crusiers dont make same damage as the stationary 2pdr. And Crusader isnt faster than Pz4 at all, that makes it totally useless on battlefield. Belive me i tried everything. Pz4 goes same speed as Crusader on reverse gear and thats some kind of rubbish. Crusaders have totally nothing to show at the battlefield so its best you modify these or just remove it from there.
--- End quote ---
I'll let a tank expert answer this, I can't.

Thanls for your feedback though.

Donutz,
FH betatester

Biiviz:
The tank view is fine the way it is imo. It's just hard to take out tanks as infantry because of the open areas of the desert. Imagine how crippled the tanks would be in Normandy if they can only use small view slots. To keep the game fun enough and to keep the tanks balanced vs. infantry I think it's perfectly fine the way it is. Also, it's not supposed to be easy to just run up to a tank and slap a bomb on it.

Die Happy:

--- Quote from: DesertRat40-45 on 30-03-2009, 16:03:54 ---Hey

The second thing is the respawn time of tanks. As we know tanks had to be delivered. And it didnt take 5 seconds. If you could make tanks more "expensive" to the team. For example team which is loosing a tank, looses 5 tickers and so on and so on.
And for example tanks could get different damages. If it would get hit in the engine there could be special recovery veichles which could came and take it away to main base where there would be a repair zone.
And for last think, I think it would be nice if tanks would be used by 3 persons, 1 driver, 1 Hull MG gunner and one as the turret crew.
I also noticed that 2pdr in Crusaders and Crusiers dont make same damage as the stationary 2pdr. And Crusader isnt faster than Pz4 at all, that makes it totally useless on battlefield. Belive me i tried everything. Pz4 goes same speed as Crusader on reverse gear and thats some kind of rubbish. Crusaders have totally nothing to show at the battlefield so its best you modify these or just remove it from there.

Greets 8th Army squad NCO.

--- End quote ---

someone seems to have played a lot or PR and now wants PR in FH2 ;)
has been discussed many times

tanks will stay as they are
-their camera portraits the commander copula view (if the tank has a copula)

-there wont be drivers/gunners/commander in FH
you get 1 guy as driver/gunner/commander in 1 slot and another in hull MG if available. this aint PR or RO where you can easily communicate with you driver/gunner (cause not all people use their ingame voice)
there are too many people that dont know what they are doing and wont listen to your "orders"

-partial damage (damaged engine) is more or less impossible in BF2, we had some kind of system for this in (tank health falls below 25% > do something bad) but it wasnt very piratical and more annoying than useful or immersive so it was taken out again.

-losing tickets for loosing tanks ? > this aint PR

-tank respawn time - all respawn times are up to the mapper and the mapper only if he wants them to respawn fast  so people dont camp the tank spawn for hours thats his decission.

- repair/crane vehicle:
you can hardly attach 2 moving objects in BF2 they will most likely kill each other
and for repairing , i think there were some experiments with "repair vehicles" but i think they got canceled cause they didnt fit/work well (dunno anymore)
for repairing you got your trusty magic wrench

- 2pdr guns:
i'm fairly sure the static 2pdr and the 2pdr on cruiser/crusader mk I/matiltaII/valentine tanks are completly the same gun
crusader mark III got a nice 6pdr gun that will rip through any axis tank in that time frame with 1 shot (except tiger of course)

as for the panzer IV that took pdr 10 shots in the back, dunno what happened there, either you got hold to one of our internal beats where we tried out some new tank damage system (total failure tank battles lasted 10 minutes and longer, i dont wanna talk about it)
or you were shooting in some weird angle that made the shots bounce off or bad connection or lag or bad luck i dont know

ANY  2pdr gun should kill a panzer 4 with 3-4 shots in the back and they usually do so

what distance was the fight ?
did you always hit the same spot ?
what angle did you have to the target ?
you dont happen to have a screenshot of that ?

last but not least the 2pdr was a shitty gun, even in this "realism" driven game it is to strong, in RL it wasnt able to penetrate the front of panzer III/IV up to a certain range but ingame it dose some damage for gameplay sake

edit:
damit i should type faster and less then donutz wont beat me to it ;)

as Biiviz said - tank have a hard time in normandy, you got handheld rocket AT weapons that can kill most tanks with 1 hit making infantry a very serious threat to tanks in the narrow hedgerow fields /urban areas of normandy. if i have the choice between a tiger and a panzer 4 with schürzen i prefer the panzer IV cause schürzen block the infantry base AT weapons and it is more mobile and its gun still can 1 shot any allied tank

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version