Author Topic: The Great Football thread  (Read 112178 times)

Offline Zoologic

• Masterspammer
  • In FH Since 0.67
    • View Profile
Re: The Great Football thread
« Reply #1860 on: 10-10-2015, 18:10:36 »
The biggest problem in the National Team is the coach.

Martino sucks, here we like to use the term "Crashing a Ferrari", he crashed it while he was in Barcelona. Martino just doesn't have a single idea on how to fucking make this team work. I mean, we lost a Copa America final to CHILE, they never won a Copa América before, they have barely scored a few times against Argentina during Copa America history, they barely have a couple of wins against us in the overall record.

Well I can excuse it because Chile is at their top recently with Alexis Sánchez and Arturo Vidal doing great. This duo is arguably better than the Zamorano-Salas era at the front. But then again, it is hardly comparable to Argentina, with Messi, Aguero, Mascherano, Di María.

If we can't blame the coach, the players, the team. Then what about the whole atmosphere? Because, it seems that the mood is always melancholic in Argentinian side. Everybody seemed to be ready to cry weeping whether they won the match or lost it. As if the whole game (or tournament) is a tragedy unfolding. This is pretty similar to the pessimistic England, there are expectations that things will go wrong.

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1861 on: 14-10-2015, 04:10:37 »
Argentine football is one big tragedy. We're in total decadency.

0-0 vs Paraguay.

Excellent!, it's Paraguay after all, no world power. They're humble but quite organized on the defense at least, with a couple of good-foot attackers/wingers, should be a no-match for Argentina, for historic reasons. But it was awful, our players getting the ball and running straight for the central defenders and doing NOTHING, just running, as if you were a super terrible FIFA player. Tévez is one big lie, but the media likes him so he plays.

1 out of 6 points, the next few matches are going to be Brazil, Colombia and I believe Uruguay. We're expected to have Messi by the Brazil match, I hope so.

Sure, he won't fix the defense, the faulty players, no, but at least up front we have someone with creativity.

One funny thing, during the last 30 seconds of the match Di Maria steps up to take a free kick against a single Paraguayan defense as barrier.

He hits the barrier.

What's so fucking funny?, oh, it's Lavezzi. Why is he still here, again?.

I feel less Argentinian as time goes by.

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1862 on: 14-10-2015, 21:10:23 »
Argentine football is one big tragedy. We're in total decadency.
Same here, our team has not even qualified for Euro 2016, while that tournament has been enlarged so 24 countries can participate. Which means that since we got 3rd last WC, we have plunged down to not even the best 24 countries of Europe.

And the best thing is: the football association is not gonna change anything in order to improve this situation.

I think both Argentina and our team suffer from the same disease: dependance of the team towards one player. Argentina depends too much on Messi, and we depend too much on Robben.

Offline Captain Pyjama Shark

• Masterspammer
  • Captain of the Gravy Train
    • View Profile
« Reply #1863 on: 14-10-2015, 21:10:17 »
Robben van Persie's playing some great total football though.  Striker on both sides of the pitch.

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1864 on: 15-10-2015, 00:10:38 »
Yeah I couldn't believe you guys couldn't make it to the EURO 2016. I haven't been following European football lately, except for a few Juventus matches, is Robben injured?.

Having a 2nd-line Domestic League doesn't help either.

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1865 on: 15-10-2015, 22:10:11 »
is Robben injured?
Yup, and apparently the teamspirit went with him.

Our entire concept of football still dates from the 70s, our coaches have always played and are educated in trainin g the 4-3-3 system, but it is outdated. The entire world knows how to counter it now, even (with all due respect) smaller countries like Iceland. But our coaches are stubborn and still believe it can be done. And our national football association consists of bureaucrats who are pretty conservative, so they aren't about to change anything.

I know it is bad to make decisions based entirely on bad emtions, but I'm afraid they will wait too long with changing anything so we won't be present on the next WC and next EC either. Maybe in 2022, who knows.

Offline Born2Kill 007

• Anytime, baby
  • Professional accountancy hater
    • View Profile
« Reply #1866 on: 15-10-2015, 22:10:03 »
Meanwhile in Belgium ...  ;D

No.1 in the world ranking, fuck yeah
Ще ми се изпържи картофа
#FreeDamaso

Offline Capten_C

• Well well well well well well well
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #1867 on: 15-10-2015, 22:10:35 »
Meanwhile in Belgium ...  ;D

No.1 in the world ranking, fuck yeah

Congrats Belgium! Thanks for the 4pts btw!  ;)
LEGENDARY FORGOTTEN HOPE 2 ROUNDS!!! >> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xtJF9fL1YI

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1868 on: 15-10-2015, 23:10:14 »
FIFA ranking means next to nothing, NL has been nr 1 too, you don't get a prize for it or anything.

But Belgium can have their fun now, we had it for the past 30 years ;) So now it's payback time for Belgium and I totally get that. I will probably support their team in France 2016.

Offline Torenico

• Masterspammer
  • ¡Viva la Revolución!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1869 on: 16-10-2015, 00:10:17 »
Belgium has been doing very well lately, good for them.

We were also No.1 above Germany just because we played two finals in a row (and lost both of them!).

FIFA ranking sucks, Wales is also in the Top 10 I believe.

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1870 on: 16-10-2015, 01:10:01 »
Wales looks pretty good though. But everyone knows FIFA rankings don't mean a lot. Chile should be much higher, for example.

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1871 on: 18-10-2015, 23:10:26 »
Belgium has been doing very well lately, good for them.

We were also No.1 above Germany just because we played two finals in a row (and lost both of them!).

FIFA ranking sucks, Wales is also in the Top 10 I believe.
At least you can take some consolation in that you're bloody good at rugby.  You absolutely wrecked us today, I'll be cheering for the Argies the rest of the World Cup.

Offline th_battleaxe

• Bon Vivant
  • Bit of a Révolutionnaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #1872 on: 17-12-2015, 19:12:20 »
Holy Mothers of the Gods! Mourinho had been sacked.
J'aime l'oignon, frît à l'huile
J'aime l'oignon car il est bon
J'aime l'oignon, frît à l'huile
J'aime l'oignon, j'aime l'oignon

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1873 on: 17-12-2015, 20:12:44 »
Sounds like a job for Brendan Rodgers.  ;D

Offline Sgt.KAR98

• View Profile
« Reply #1874 on: 18-12-2015, 07:12:20 »
Damn,I'm missing the FIFA's Club World Cup. Just saw River won and I thought they had the won the championship. Need to watch the final,and semi.