Forgotten Hope 2 > Modding

FH2 Modding Q&A

<< < (2/209) > >>

Torenico:
Mapping in BF2 is fun.. you must be creative and all you want.

The bad thing is.. its slow. Paiting takes alot of time for "Good" maps. The onei am making has the EL Alamein Size or something.. painting the tarrain is costing me ALOT. Ive done a BF2 map.. 512 or 1024 i cant remember now.. for painting took me +50 Minutes. And then i discovered that the texture is  a "Chess Board" hehe.

When you finish the Painting and you start placing objects and configuring the teams.. all you want is a bed and rest for 1 hour. Stressing. Lightmapping.. i wont talk about it lol.

Dunno about the BF42 editor.. never tried it. I cant belive that the BF42 seems to be more Hard than the BF2 one..

azreal:
Quick question for our mapper friends. Is there anyway to turn off ambient sounds in the editor without deleting them? Its really annoying to hear explosions and distant Mgs playing in the background of my music.

Fenring:
You can lower the volume or turn of the sound the the bottom right of editor...dunno if that does the trick for you.

Ionizer:
Can someone give me a list (with links if possible) of everything I need to start trying to make a map?  How much HDD space does all of it take up?

Also, what do I need to start modeling stuff?  I figure if I suck at one (mapping or modeling), I might suck less at the other one.

I get really bored and have nothing to do except looking up random articles on Wikipedia.  I figure I could try to fill that time with something constructive...

azreal:
@Ferning: Ahhh thanks a bunch. Stupid ambient sounds were annoying me to no end!

@Ionizer: Try this link for starters. Its for mapping only but it has links to just about every file you'll need and instructions on how to set them up.
http://fenring.bf1942.cl/tutorials/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version