Author Topic: FH2.45 Feedback  (Read 23746 times)

Offline hyperanthropos

• View Profile
Re: FH2.45 Feedback
« Reply #105 on: 18-07-2012, 11:07:04 »
Sounds more like a hitbug than a problem with angle mod, because it didnt seem to have any damage.

Offline Mud Buddha

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 18-07-2012, 18:07:57 »
Haven't read all 8 pages of feedback, but just wanted to give my 2 cents. Basically I love everything new, except the sound of the planes. It's way too loud, and I mean WAY too loud in the sense that you hardly can hear anything else.

You can hear a plane taking off halfway across the map and it's not a "far away sound", it's like the plane is next to you. Surely that can't be intentional? I know that planes are loud in real life, but this is kind of ridiculous. Besides that, the sound inside a driving tank now seems a bit too soft. I hope it's a bug.

Other than that I did notice a lot of gameplay changes which I, as an experienced player, like. But it does  make the game less easy to get into, and makes me wonder if new and/or less dedicated players will just give up. For example a couple of days ago on Point du Hoc. Allied had trouble advancing but slowly we were getting there. But in the end hardly anyone in the allied team understood that you had to take last flag before destroying guns (or that the guns were the objective in the first place - they're not there at map start-up).

It might seem like I'm whining about something trivial, but stuff like that is just not very good for the vibe during a round. A lot of noob-calling and frustrated regulars trying their best to get something of a coherent fight going (just wait for the shitstorm whenever some hapless new GI takes Right Flank flag on Ramelle).

Of course FH2 is geared towards dedicated experienced players and to me that's what I like about this game, but since playerbase is always an issue with FH2 I can't help wonder if they maybe made it too specific.

But that's just a thought. Other than that, great work devs! Really, I can't help but be amazed about what FH2 has turned into.
FH2 is the game, DarklyDreamingDexter is the name.

Offline sn00x

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 18-07-2012, 18:07:41 »
I dont recall the Sdkfz.7 having a PAK38 / 40 conversion, i suppose it is a placeholder for the Sdkfz.10/DEMAG?

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 18-07-2012, 18:07:05 »
You can detach the Pak40, basically a place holder for towed at guns.

Offline sn00x

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 18-07-2012, 20:07:01 »
ah so thats what it is!

Offline bjack

• in_ur_base, campin ur planez
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 18-07-2012, 22:07:51 »
Regarding the new Thompson sound, at first I was 'meh' but it's growing on me.  As was mentioned, it is more mechanical-sounding,  which is a nice idea.

Generally everything about the new version is great.  I really enjoy seeing the new 101st Airborne and the M15 hats.  It makes a map like Purple Heart Lane feel more epic with the two elite forces head-to-head.

Offline pizzzaman

• Test Map De-coder
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 18-07-2012, 22:07:27 »
Played some more St. Vith,
It's actually very fun.
I love how detailed it is but...

Keep your head down!
You are bathing in misery and hope, waiting for someone to come and pull the plug.

Offline Steel_Lion_FIN

• Mostly drunk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: 18-07-2012, 23:07:42 »
Checking the animations on the weapons, and guess what, I found an error:

The BAR fires from open bolt, ingame it fires from closed bolt. Nothing big, but it bothers me.
I'd rather play Kimble with my ass!

Offline Charlemagne0815

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: 19-07-2012, 14:07:35 »
After reading these 8 pages, im not sure that i downloaded the same 2.45 as everybody else,
cause i wanted to open my post with something like "what have you done to fh ?"

Ok, whre to start ...
What i do like
-That the "damage by nades to vehicles" doesnt mean you can kill tanks with them
-The more realistic bullet sounds (when you beeing shot at)
-Some of the smaller map-terrain-revamps

What i LOVE
Tank warfare gets, though slowly, back to the awesomness that it was and still is in FH 1, at least for the heavy tanks. its great that the wrench now has more use than nearly exclusivly on tigers

And what i dont like
-The new grapics. Sure it looks all shiny and shit, but as the graphic presentation of a tactic shooter it sacrifices "Information" that you should get from what you see for eye candy. Imho, FH's graphic should be more like ArmA, not like CoD. (E.g, as with the film grain in 2.4. Blurr the edges, no problem, but moving pixels everywhere is not what happens to me IRL when i focus my view on something far away. So while blurring isnt as much eye candy as film grain, i think its still the better effect for fhs game mechanic)
Also, i cant pinpoint why, but somehow 2.45 feels like one of those cases where the devs of a mod did an awesome job by implementing something that wasnt supposed to be possible in the vanilla version, but pushed the engine or whatever too far with it.*
-The stamnia. I would love to know what was the thought behind the decission to eliminate the gameplay element that forced you to think about where you move and how you get there, and instead make everyone a ubersoldier on meth. (if i spawn in my main now i always want a shotgun to hunt all those bunnys hopping around)
-The decrease in Maximum speed, with the improved graphics, makes the overall feel of the game kind of "sluggish" (And no, its not my PC, i turned the graphics down and all driver-related stuff off just to check it, as well as turning stuff like 16x AA/AF on, neither had any impact on the "subjectivly feeled performance")
-Something also seems to impact the netcode or so, its lagging sometimes, while my ping is around 20 ...
-One of the verry few good tank maps (with "good tank maps" i have maps like prokhorovka, valirisk or nordwind in mind), Cobra, has even more annoying airforce and the flak in the north has been relocated to a postion where a allied pilot must be braindead to get into its line of fire. It would be fun, for me as a tanker, to have a tank battle from time to time, not just beeing the raper of inf or a easy kill for some airforce dude.
-The riflenade crosshair. Why ?
-The way more common CTD's
-And at last, not something that came up with this patch, but annoys me since the time i heard about fh for bf2 is out, the whole artillery mechanic. Back in fh, your position got spotted, an shells started to rain on you, more or less precise. if you get spotted in fh2, the satelite spycam of the arty dude let the shells not go down on your position, but right in your fucking face.

Overall, i think with the last patch FH lost its pefect balance between tactic and arcade that it had all its lifetime (and i play fh since way before the split-up with the mercilles team).

*Like with some of the SoaSE-mods where you can build an impressive ammount of fighters on your carriers and it looks epic and amazing when you use them, but you hit the hard-coded 2-gb-limit of the game engine so fast that its not fun to play anymore.

Offline Musti

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: 19-07-2012, 14:07:15 »
What bunny hoppers? where? how? I see people complaining about them and yet i haven't seen a single one...
WARNING!
Assholes are closer than they appear!

Offline Turkish007

• Masterspammer
  • Mini-mod necromancer
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 19-07-2012, 15:07:43 »
What bunny hoppers? where? how? I see people complaining about them and yet i haven't seen a single one...

Um... What is a bunnyhopper?

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: 19-07-2012, 16:07:40 »
Someone who keeps jumping all the time to avoid being shot. It looks ridiculous and is immersion killer nr 1 imo.

Offline Butcher

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 19-07-2012, 16:07:57 »
While I love the patch, the old "Operation Cobra" was better imo. You overdid it with the armament of the allied airforce. Now there are two Thunderbolts fully loaded with rockets, one with additional bombs and a Mustang with bombs. There used to be better tank battles on that map. Now it´s indeed as Charlemagne0815 said, just hiding and getting an infantry kill here and there. The reduction of the number of allied tanks (there is a lot less tanks in the mainbase) does the rest. Tank battles are still common, but it´s no longer the great tank battle map it used to be (although I assume this is necessary to prevent lags).

Something about the new NA map (with the Tiger) is also slightly annoying: The german airfield doesn´t repair your aircraft, so once being shot at you are as good as dead or you have to get out, repair and fear that someone steals the aircraft.
He got banned for our sins. He was not the member FH forums deserved, he was the member we needed.

Offline Ahonen

• "The grass just spoke chinese."
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: 19-07-2012, 17:07:49 »
The german airfield doesn´t repair your aircraft

Haha, yeah, a guy named lightning (that Lightning?) repaired my Stuka the other day. He was actually flying a BF109 when he proposed to repair my craft, and landed after me to repair on foot. Bros like that are rare though, so an auto repair field would be nice.
-A certain plumber took 'shrooms when he failed to rescue his girlfriend from being raped by a gorilla. His whole experience was documented in a game.

Offline Captain Pyjama Shark

• Masterspammer
  • Captain of the Gravy Train
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: 19-07-2012, 17:07:12 »
I actually had FUN playing Operation Cobra!  ;D