Author Topic: FH2.45 Feedback  (Read 23746 times)

Offline McCloskey

• Developer
  • Heart or head, either way Jerry's dead!
    • View Profile
Re: FH2.45 Feedback
« Reply #90 on: 16-07-2012, 23:07:59 »
Thompson 1928 A1 kill message looks weird, shouldn't it be Thompson M1928A1?

also "PanzerIV", "Stuh42" etc... spacebar anyone :P

Offline Steel_Lion_FIN

• Mostly drunk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 17-07-2012, 01:07:22 »
It's just that there shouldn't be space between 1928 and A1, and there's no M ingame, so when it should be M1928A1 its just  1928 A1
I'd rather play Kimble with my ass!

Offline Hjaldrgud

• BF2 Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 17-07-2012, 03:07:52 »
Breda modello 30. Is now officially a BEAST! And the italian class contracarro with its nade... makes my minime tingle. I love Mersa Matruh changes! And Lebisey! The city fighting in falaise
is AWESOME! MOAAAAR STREETS!
« Last Edit: 17-07-2012, 23:07:35 by Hjaldrgud »

"Generous and brave men live the best" -Hávamál

Offline McCloskey

• Developer
  • Heart or head, either way Jerry's dead!
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 17-07-2012, 04:07:33 »
It's just that there shouldn't be space between 1928 and A1, and there's no M ingame, so when it should be M1928A1 its just  1928 A1

oh I know what you mean, I was just also mentioning other "inconsistencies".. personally I change what I really don't like to something that fits me better each time after a new release, it's quite tedious, especially with vehicles, but in the end the killfeed looks much more appealing.

Offline Kuupperi

• Professional spoilsport
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 17-07-2012, 16:07:33 »
Since I have played this new version a few days already and tested the new content on singleplayer & multiplayer mode, I shall give some feedback. Overall the new version is successful and there is just a little bad things to say about it. I'm sure I can't remember all of the things I wanted to review but hopefully I get the most important ones written down.

First I would like to bring up the three new maps. They are alright but they seem to always prefer one of the two teams. I have seen only once the British have won the Battle of Keren but usually they end up to bleed the tickets out before they reach the hills. Sidi Bou Zid seems kind of equal but I haven't seen the American doing so well and I saw that open desert terrain bad for me. Anyway the American seem to have a huge advantage in St. Vith when they just lay down and fire down the running German. Sure proper teamwork will take the battles further in every map but it is very rare to happen especially on public server.

What makes me happy are the weapon changes. I noticed submachine guns are more easier to handle and the sounds of the weapons are not bad. I like the new way how the tank machine guns work and sound. Also I'm glad to see the Allies tanks can do better now against the German ones.

The visual changes on several maps such as changed environments, new playermodels etc. They are just great pure FH2 quality. Keep up the good work on them.

For last I added this tiny list of the pros and cons;

The things I like:
- Unlimited stamina
- New & improved weapons and vehicles (usability, animations, sounds)
- Improved maps such as Operation Cobra
- Brand new minimap

The thing(s) I don't like:
- Night maps

Offline CHRISTIEFRONTDRIVE

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 17-07-2012, 21:07:28 »
Okay, after four or five days of playing ever chance I get these are my impressions:

The three new maps seem so far to be excellent. I'd advise against trying to say for certain which side gets the shittier end of the stick because it's going to take a while for people to learn how to play them and after so little time since release anyone saying anything too definitive on the new maps regarding gameplay is likely talking out of their ass. But all three are simply beautiful. Sidi is probably my least favorite, but it's a bit like saying one supermodel isn't quite as gorgeous as the other two. Keren seems like a lot of fun and a tough one for the Allies as well, and I love the Hawker Hardy. A joy to fly and even more of a joy to listen to buzzing around, since it sounds like an old race car. Keren 32 and 16 play reasonably well from what I've seen so far also, and the 32 in particular is beautifully lit. St. Vith is probably my favorite new map, I'm a sucker for snow maps and from a purely visual standpoint St. Vith is a masterpiece.

Some other general likes:

- Tank combat is a lot more fun now, due to the decrease in likelihood of one-shot battles.
- Tank sounds are fantastic. Like the new reloading sounds and the audio effects of shells and bullets smacking off armor is well done.
- Ambient sounds on most maps are great as well. No need to give examples, they're all expertly done.
- The planes sound awesome awesome awesome, and I don't have a problem with the volume at all. If there's six planes flying all over the church and airfield on Cobra, it's supposed to be loud.
- Unlimited jogging works great, it was frustrating to have to jump five times to get over something a dead guy in a wheelchair could've easily navigated and then have to huff and puff to cover, and that is no longer an issue.
- Reworked old maps look fantastic. Falaise is beautiful now, wonderfully lit and prettier than ever. Cobra is another gorgeous one, I am so phenomenally impressed at the transformation of that map.
- Reworked maps seem to play better, Cobra in particular. Had enjoyable, ruthless battles on that map for three days straight now, I love the reworked airfield and the new flags were implemented perfectly. Objective Hyacinth is awesome fun as well.
- I am even more in love with Crete now than I was before. Favorite map in FH1, favorite map in FH2, and it looks more mint than ever now. Absolute peach of a map.
- Most/all minimaps seem to be sharpened up and look great now - especially like the gold lettering replacing the red, which was difficult to read. No problems deciphering flag names anymore.
- Compass is really well implemented, will take some getting used to since I either have to turn around on the spot to be able to say 'enemy south of church', or hit the full-screen map and do the ol' Never Eat Shredded Wheat in my head, but its something time in game will solve easily.
- Love the new system for anti-tank guns. Was a bit awkward at first but practice makes perfect and this makes them more into the threat they ought to be.
- Love the new loading song for Eppeldorf - that drum beat on Dogface Sodier gets stuck in my head for the whole round. The loading music for the three new maps are excellent picks as well, and I sincerely hope in future patches we look at changing songs for some more maps and hopefully get to a point where it's simply a handful that have Entering Battle or Elk Hunt as their song, rather than half the mod using them.

Naturally, a few negatives as well:

- Tank warning siren. Eugh.
- Ammo types being AP/HE/special AP/smoke is kind of awkward and will take some getting used to, instead of having the enemy tank rounds on top and the enemy infantry rounds on the bottom.
- Regarding non 64-maps: I like the King of the Hill mode on most maps that have it, but it's a genuine shame it had to come at the expense of some of the few bright spots that were the smaller maps before the patch. As an occasional novelty the Olympus death match is nice, but it kinda sucks we had to lose one of the best 32s in the mod to make it happen. Bastogne 16 still needs looked at, because the Americans get Mont first every time (they have a jeep, and the Axis do not), and there is also that irrelevant bridge flag no one but noob squad leaders ever goes to. Not really my place, but I'd love to see the bridge flag axed, and either both sides getting jeeps or neither side getting jeeps, in one big fight over Mont. I haven't seen every 16 since the patch since fortunately WaW's public server has been full enough we haven't played many of them, and thank God Luttich, Lebisey and Brest appear unchanged, but as far as I'm concerned Giarabub has been ruined and needs to be reverted back to exactly as it was before, with both the Village and Mosque flags cappable, and the Australians and Italians having uncap mains.
- Don't really like the new kill messages, and can't recall ever having seen anyone complain they take up too much space on screen, either here on actually online, especially compared to five lines of REQUESTING ARTILLERY BARAGE inevitably spammed in a much more valuable spot in your peripheral vision. There are a lot of different ways you could go about it:

Player 1 [Panther] Player 2
Player 1 [Panther G] Player 2
Player 1 [Panzerkampfwagen V "Panther"] Player 2
Player 1 [Pzkpfw V "Panther"] Player 2

and so on, but I liked the detailed ones with model names/ausfs etc. more than just Panther G or whatever it is now.

Overall though, an incredibly impressive piece of work and I look forward to wasting many more hundreds of hours in the future. If this is any indication of what is to come when the Eastern Front gets here then I am fucking well near apoplectic with anticipation.
Quote from: TASSER1
you suck. noone likes you. and your mother isn't pretty

Quote from: Eightball1182
Andrew.Drunk.Drive...I love u man. You get it...u get it 100%. Stay cool Canada brother.

Offline Nissi

• Developer
  • Aye!
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 17-07-2012, 21:07:28 »
Thank you guys for giving such detailed feedback. Please keep it up it's interesting for us to read.  :)

Offline Natty

• Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 17-07-2012, 22:07:56 »
yes very :) the joy of developing something for full year is to read it summarized nicely in one post by people having experienced it "for real" (public game play)

thx!

Offline Ahonen

• "The grass just spoke chinese."
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 17-07-2012, 23:07:33 »
Angle mod still causes some crazy bugs on certain vehicles. I've seen an Sdkfz 232 take a zooka rocket at 90° to the side and survive without burning.
-A certain plumber took 'shrooms when he failed to rescue his girlfriend from being raped by a gorilla. His whole experience was documented in a game.

Offline Lightning

• Dreamcrusher
  • FH2 Dev
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 18-07-2012, 00:07:59 »
Think of it as added realism. Not every hit is a kill in real life either.

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: 18-07-2012, 01:07:07 »
IIRC armoured cars were quite survivable, since the thin armour but interior space meant shells could pass through and not do damage or even harm the crew much.  A zook though would probably still incinerate the crew.

Offline Steel_Lion_FIN

• Mostly drunk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 18-07-2012, 01:07:51 »
Well, yeah, I can live with that, but gameplay-wise, the best scenario would be this: If hit by AP shell it will take a small chunk of HP away, unless it's a direct hit to the engine which destroys the APC and if it hit someone inside he's toast. If hit by HE shell the whole crew would be dead and the vehicle stays somewhat intactintact, unless the rounds came from above. HEAT rounds kill or wound everyone inside, take a chunk of health away, unless it's a direct hit to the engine -> blow-up
I'd rather play Kimble with my ass!

Offline AdamPA1006

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 18-07-2012, 04:07:23 »
I have to vote against the new tanking system. It felt more tactical to me when it was 1 hit kill, and longer reload. you really had to be careful. Now you can banzi in and do all sorts of crazy things. Also it gets a bit ridiculous, I got hit marker against a sherman 3 times with P4 main gun, and no kill.

Ill just list some stuff I like , some of it i mentioned before

Pro-

New push system- tightens the action on many maps, which I am always all for. Hate back capping, and just running from flag to flag over and over again.

New Bullet effects- the bullet puffs and new impact holes look great when hitting buildings and stuff

New sounds- I dont mind the new thompson, but dont know why it changed, old was a bit better. New springfield is great. And new MG sounds for tanks are way better.

New Maps All very nice, my favorite is new sidi. Gonna let it play out to see how the balance is.

Map updates Love old maps getting so love. Noticed aberdeen isnt on the map list any more, guess its abandoned. Are you going to update the rewards to reflect new maps?

Offline CAREER OF EVIL

• STEAM ...CAREEREVIL
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 18-07-2012, 06:07:28 »
excellent excellent excellent
GREAT JOB WOW
WORKED GREAT FOR ME

CAREEREVIL

Offline Ahonen

• "The grass just spoke chinese."
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 18-07-2012, 10:07:20 »
Think of it as added realism. Not every hit is a kill in real life either.

Is it even physically possible for a 60mm HEAT charge to not disable an armoured car with a perfect clean hit?

If it was randomization I'd understand that it might have simulated a defective rocket, but this being the angle mod, it means that I could fire another rocket at the same spot and still not disable the vehicle.

It'd be nice if we got an overmatch system where when a projectile's penetration far exceeds the armour hit, the angle mod doesn't take effect. Would prevent those cases of Fausts bouncing off the front of M4A1s and similar cases.
Though I doubt such a thing could be coded into the Refractor 2 engine.
-A certain plumber took 'shrooms when he failed to rescue his girlfriend from being raped by a gorilla. His whole experience was documented in a game.