Author Topic: greater variety of hand held anti tank grenades please  (Read 4892 times)

Offline Die Happy

• FH-Betatester
  • Live Long & Die Happy
    • View Profile
Re: greater variety of hand held anti tank grenades please
« Reply #30 on: 15-04-2009, 10:04:35 »
biggest difference between british/american and german grenades is the shrapnell effect.
while the mills bomb and the M1 grenade have a huge shrapnell killing zone the normal M24 german grenade only has a blast zone without much shrapnell.
this is why germans dont TK so much with grenades and mills bomb is properly the biggest team kill weapon ever (after the sticky bomb maybe).
while the mills bomb was use din a defensive manner the M42 was used in offensive manner. throw a nade and charge in behind it while the enemy is stunned by the blast  but the shrapnell wont kill YOU, cause there is none. you cant do that with a mills bomb.
Live Long & Die Happy

Offline bosco

• View Profile
    • Project Reality
« Reply #31 on: 15-04-2009, 11:04:06 »
Then why not increase the throw distance for Stielhandgranaten?  :P

Offline Die Happy

• FH-Betatester
  • Live Long & Die Happy
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 15-04-2009, 11:04:21 »
i dunno
but i think you can trow them far enough
Live Long & Die Happy

Offline Schneider

• Ofw.Josef_Schneider
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 15-04-2009, 12:04:40 »
But we have, as the FH page says, the shrapnel cover for the german handgrenades in Normandy. Hence this grenades will now have an equal explosion radius?

Offline Die Happy

• FH-Betatester
  • Live Long & Die Happy
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 15-04-2009, 12:04:42 »
yes they are in, however got removed from most kits (dunno why,i guess by accident)
and i dont know if they were already coded or just a copy of the "old" grenade cause i cant remember them beening more lethal than the usual M24 grenade
Live Long & Die Happy

Offline LordKhaine

• I sing the body electric...
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 15-04-2009, 23:04:10 »
And I still don't understand how a bundle of concussion grenades can damage a tank.

To be fair, pretty much every infantry AT weapon is going to be overpowered in some respects. Until the fausts/bazookas/schrecks etc, most of the AT weapons would be pretty piss poor and either difficult to use or unlikely to do more than damage a tank. The AT rifles in particular are bad in this respect. They would almost never outright destroy a tank irl, but they could often damage one. And since it's pretty impossible to model such damage in BF2, either we have unrealistically overpowered AT weapons... or in early maps tanks are gods striding the battlefield. I think the latter would put many people off playing.

I have to admit, it does get to me how blatantly unrealistic AT weapons are. With AT grenades and satchels of high explosives seemingly being nukes.... but with such engine limitations you have to do the best you can.
~LordKhaine~/~Arachidamia~

Offline VonMudra

• FH-Betatester
  • FH2 Betatester/Verdun Team Researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 16-04-2009, 07:04:46 »
i dunno

Nope, you can't.  The nades we use in reenacting are weighted the same as real ones, and trust me, you can throw those stick nades FFFAAAARRRRR.

Offline [130.Pz]S.Lainer

• FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
    • 130th
« Reply #37 on: 16-04-2009, 08:04:42 »
 What needs to be done if the engine will allow it is to have the the krout grenades leave there victoms with a nasty gray blur shader that lasts at least a good 10-15 seconds.  This would balance them and be a bit more realistic.  Of course we still would have there normal lame kill radius.   ;)
http://www.bfewaw.com/campaigns/waw24/promo/campaign/waw24banner1.png
The purpose of this deployment was to "annoy and defy the United States ... on her with Bofors 40 mm guns from a range of 650

Offline Switzer

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 16-04-2009, 10:04:31 »
I would agree with lainer.

Offline Schneider

• Ofw.Josef_Schneider
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 16-04-2009, 12:04:15 »
i dunno

Nope, you can't.  The nades we use in reenacting are weighted the same as real ones, and trust me, you can throw those stick nades FFFAAAARRRRR.

See? I told ya.

What needs to be done if the engine will allow it is to have the the krout grenades leave there victoms with a nasty gray blur shader that lasts at least a good 10-15 seconds.  This would balance them and be a bit more realistic.  Of course we still would have there normal lame kill radius.   ;)

Excellent idea IMO. If it's too imba, you could give the same effect to the mills bomb etc., but only for a shorter amount of time and to a smaller radius.