Author Topic: [Maps] Siege of Tobruk 16 Wrong Ticket Bleed  (Read 848 times)

Offline Harmonikater

• FH-Betatester
  • Resident Crazy Composer
    • View Profile
[Maps] Siege of Tobruk 16 Wrong Ticket Bleed
« on: 05-11-2012, 15:11:13 »
It seems that Siege of Tobruk 16 has the Bleed setting that's usually used for KOTH maps. However its only 300 tickets and results in instant victory for Allies.

This happened on 762 ABC Small maps server, and we played Tunis 16 beforehand, which is a KOTH map.
I do bad things to the BF2 engine.

Offline CHRISTIEFRONTDRIVE

• View Profile
Re: [Maps] Siege of Tobruk 16 Wrong Ticket Bleed
« Reply #1 on: 05-11-2012, 20:11:05 »
There is a ticket bleed bug. We have experienced it a total of 8 days on the WaW FH2.45 #1 server (Thursday/Friday, for the past 4 weeks). This bug results in instant King of the Hill bleed for one team on non-King of the Hill maps, forcing us to run KotH maps only or else run 32 maps. Maps are over roughly 10 seconds from the initial spawn, as one team (usually Axis) immediately starts with a KotH bleed. This bug has been experienced both immediately after the round starts, as well as upon the first flag being captured.

I have no idea what causes this bug, other than that it desperately needs to be fixed.

I've been around most of the time we've had this bug on the WaW public server, and I have personally seen it on the following maps (all 16 sized versions):

Port-en-Bessin
Anctoville
Operation Goodwood
Lebisey*
Operation Luttich
Falaise Pocket
Battle of Brest
Bastogne

--

Siege of Tobruk
Invasion of Crete
Sidi Rezegh
The Battle For Sfakia
Fall of Tobruk
Mersa Matruh
El Alamein
Mareth Line

*Lebisey is the only map we run often that appears less likely to have the bug than to have it. All of the other maps listed seem to have it roughly 50/50, or even more often than that.

As you can see, both European and African maps experience the glitch, and that's nearly every non-King of the Hill 16 map in the mod, and those are just the ones I know I've seen the bug on, other players on WaW public nights may have seen other maps as well. Sometimes we manage to play four or five of those maps in a row with no bug - other times we blow through four or five maps in about as many minutes, since it takes five times longer for the round to start at the beginning of the map as for the bug to end the map.

We have tried several different methods in the hopes of fixing the bleed bug but at the moment it appears to be completely random from what little we can tell. Playing a KotH before a map doesn't change the bug, playing one after doesn't change the bug, etc. It appears completely random. Some maps it seems to affect every time (like Siege of Tobruk) whereas other maps such as Lebisey it only affects about 25% of the time we run it. We initially thought we could avoid the bug by running maps in which no team begins the round bleeding (i.e. Goodwood 16, which starts with 1 axis, 1 allied and 3 white flags, and all five flags can be captured) but in those circumstances, whichever team caps a flag first causes the other team to instantly bleed out.
« Last Edit: 05-11-2012, 20:11:30 by Andrew »
Quote from: TASSER1
you suck. noone likes you. and your mother isn't pretty

Quote from: Eightball1182
Andrew.Drunk.Drive...I love u man. You get it...u get it 100%. Stay cool Canada brother.

Offline sheikyerbouti

• Yay, Rep feature is dead
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 06-11-2012, 03:11:17 »
 you forgot Alam Halfa,

we got that bleed bug last Thursday and all the Latin American's quit because of it.
My Quebec includes Canada

Offline carrion

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 15-11-2012, 01:11:35 »
Yes, we really need a fix for this.
Is there a fix coming any time soon?
Bringing it with the cowbell.

Offline Korsakov829

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 15-11-2012, 19:11:38 »
Not likely. Removing KotH maps from server list might do it for now.

Offline CHRISTIEFRONTDRIVE

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 15-11-2012, 23:11:33 »
I'd be down for that. I'd only really miss Vossenack for the time being, I can take or leave the rest (and Giarabub just makes me sad).
Quote from: TASSER1
you suck. noone likes you. and your mother isn't pretty

Quote from: Eightball1182
Andrew.Drunk.Drive...I love u man. You get it...u get it 100%. Stay cool Canada brother.