Author Topic: BF2 Editor and vista compatibility  (Read 1027 times)

Offline indk666

• View Profile
BF2 Editor and vista compatibility
« on: 08-10-2009, 13:10:48 »
hey all, been lookin to map for fh for a while...
But i ran into a problem, i tried the editor once already, and it was a pain in the arse working out how to install (changing the compatibility mode), but then it didn't really seem to work properly once i opened it, so basically i got pissed off with it and decided to uninstall it. then i got an error message, saying something like 'uninstaller only works on windows xp' so i had to uninstall my copy of battlefield 2 to get rid of it.

so do any of you use vista and run the bf2 editor? im used to working with the unreal tournament editor, and that can be pretty temperamental, but the bf2 editor on vista seems like its no end of problems, i dont wanna waste my time if it is...
my main concern with trying to install it again is if it doesent work i dont want to go through that process of trying get rid of the damn thing... is there any decent fix's to make the editor run stable on vista?

cheers n beers

Offline Paasky

• DON'T PANIC! DON'T PANIC!
    • View Profile
Re: BF2 Editor and vista compatibility
« Reply #1 on: 08-10-2009, 13:10:23 »
XP Compatibility mode + run as admin for installer, editor & uninstaller.
98 Compatibility mode is also needed for some, ex applying splines.

Works as fine as the editor has ever worked for me, although I'm running Windows 7 but it has the same compatibility issues a Vista.
It's half naked people on boats. That's all.
Here in Finland we call that "summer".

Offline Aggroman

• FH-Betatester
  • This place needs more love -> ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
    • View Profile

Offline [F|H]Deek_101

• FH-Betatester
  • F|H Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Forgotten Honor Tournament
Re: BF2 Editor and vista compatibility
« Reply #3 on: 17-10-2009, 04:10:58 »
Windows 7 works a blast with the editor. Vista on the other hand does not in some areas.