Author Topic: Is it Possible to make a Minimod within a Map folder?  (Read 1318 times)

Offline EddieRizla

• View Profile
I've been doing alot a tweaking recently and have been going through vehicle, weapon, etc files and was wondering if it is possible to create a self contained minimod within a map folder?

I know that it is possible to add custom statics to a map and put the static models files into the map folder itself. Same thing can be said for custom skins for a map.
I also think it is possible to make custom kits and object spawners and place them into the map folder, as seen with the Forgotten Honor training map. They made specailised kits and spawners.

So bassically what im asking:
Can you make/tweak anything you want and put it into the map folder then have it loaded and placed on the map, and be completley useable?  :-\
Is there anything you cant do by this process?
I was maybe thinking about making a custom kit for my map, or tweaking existing ones.  :P
If it is possible can anyone point me in the direction of some tutorials or tell me the basics.
Thanks, i was just wondering, about this and couldnt find much about it on the net.

MY SIGNATUR WAS OVERSIZED!

Offline Toddel

• Administrator
  • Donate for the biggest BattleField Mod Supporter!!
    • View Profile
Re: Is it Possible to make a Minimod within a Map folder?
« Reply #1 on: 05-10-2009, 16:10:28 »
i think Tunis have Custom kits in the map. maybe look at this.

Offline Aggroman

• FH-Betatester
  • This place needs more love -> ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 05-10-2009, 17:10:40 »
Kits are easy.

Create the kit, go into your map directory, create a new folder called "objects", in that folder you create another called "kits", place that kit in there and write the kit name into the init.con for the soldier class that should use it.

If that don't work, look into the tunis map, open up the server.zip go on objects and you see the kits and that stuff.

Offline EddieRizla

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 05-10-2009, 17:10:10 »
Sweet so i can make my own specailised kits for my map. I know you can add your own statics to a map.
But what about the bigger picture like adding vehicles or tweaking existing ones.

And making my own spawnable kits, since you can only place the Fh kits that show on the object spawners list in the map editor. Can i some how tweak the kit spawners to add my own kits to that list?
Or is there anything more complicated that i missed?  ;D

Offline Aggroman

• FH-Betatester
  • This place needs more love -> ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 05-10-2009, 17:10:42 »
Yes, you can create your own spawnable kits, I don't know about the vehicles, but you can use custom skins for them, so I guess you even can use your own vehicles.

Offline EddieRizla

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 05-10-2009, 17:10:33 »
Sweet, thanks ill have a look at how other maps managed to do this.
Maybe try and add my own vehicles and weapons to my map.  :P

A litte of the topic but id thought id ask here anyways saving the forums another topic.
Is it possible to edit BF2/Fh2 Textures in Gimp, i got the DDS plugin but when i try to load the textures, the show up and grey and white checkers. I guess its something to do with the alpha channel.
Anyone know how to get the textures to load normally, like they do in PS?
Thanks for all the help

Offline Paasky

• DON'T PANIC! DON'T PANIC!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 05-10-2009, 19:10:47 »
Sweet, thanks ill have a look at how other maps managed to do this.
Maybe try and add my own vehicles and weapons to my map.  :P

A litte of the topic but id thought id ask here anyways saving the forums another topic.
Is it possible to edit BF2/Fh2 Textures in Gimp, i got the DDS plugin but when i try to load the textures, the show up and grey and white checkers. I guess its something to do with the alpha channel.
Anyone know how to get the textures to load normally, like they do in PS?
Thanks for all the help
If it has a .con file, it can be loaded map-side.
It's half naked people on boats. That's all.
Here in Finland we call that "summer".

Offline Kildar

• Have a nice day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 05-10-2009, 20:10:33 »
Is it possible to edit BF2/Fh2 Textures in Gimp, i got the DDS plugin but when i try to load the textures, the show up and grey and white checkers.

No clue, are you sure you are saving it as the right opition [dxt 5 -etc etc etc?]

Offline EddieRizla

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 05-10-2009, 21:10:10 »
Is it possible to edit BF2/Fh2 Textures in Gimp, i got the DDS plugin but when i try to load the textures, the show up and grey and white checkers.

No clue, are you sure you are saving it as the right opition [dxt 5 -etc etc etc?]

Not saving it but trying to open the existing Fh2 textures.
« Last Edit: 05-10-2009, 23:10:13 by EddieRizla »

Offline Kildar

• Have a nice day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 05-10-2009, 21:10:42 »
"Not saving it put trying to open the existing Fh2 textures."

No clue, if the DDS plugin for gimp isn't opening the FH2 textures then it looks like you are SOL unless you get PS or someone who actually uses gimp to do textures can help you.

Offline EddieRizla

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 06-10-2009, 22:10:22 »
I might aswell get PS since gimp doenst work to well with the textures.

How about adding a custom weapon to the map folder.  :o (or a tweaked one)
I cant seem to get it to work it always crashes at 100% with no error message even in windows, if anyone has any experence with custom weapons and maps plz tell me.  ???