Author Topic: Future Vehicle Wrecks  (Read 418 times)

Offline McCloskey

• Developer
  • Heart or head, either way Jerry's dead!
    • View Profile
Future Vehicle Wrecks
« on: 16-08-2012, 21:08:50 »
This is more of a suggestion into the future pointed towards FH2's vehicle modellers coders (so basically.. Kev?):

It would be neat to have the wreck geometry of the vehicle with the turret/cannon being "seperate" i.e. not being actually part of the tank's hull, meaning after the tank is destroyed, the turret/cannon stays aimed where it was aimed before the tank was blown up. I noticed Toddel's tanks usually have this (Tiger, Panther) but it most likely isn't a developer's thing as some of his other tanks (StuGs) don't possess this feature.

As it "should" be:

As it is on most tanks now:

Browsing through the fh2 stuff I also recalled that the spinner of Spitfire Mk.IX's propeller is static...

I (probably) can't hope for it to be reexported, especially when the model was donated by a third party, but one thing I think should be fixable is the flaps. Currently, there is a mishap in the code (I believe it is the code) and the flaps' rotation is inverted. What that means is that if you wanna pull up, the flaps turn down instead of up just as they turn down when you're pushing the stick (in the cockpit) forward desiring to lower the altitude.

Well, I guess that's about it.
« Last Edit: 16-08-2012, 22:08:30 by McCloskey »

Offline Flippy Warbear

• Global Moderator
  • Adequately docile
    • View Profile
Re: Future Vehicle Wrecks
« Reply #1 on: 16-08-2012, 22:08:36 »
Personally I hope that this would become reality some day. I too think it adds just a tiny bit of effective detail when the turret stays pointed to the way where it was when the tank got blown up. Also, I'd love to get more M4A3 types of animated destruction in which the turret blows up.

Offline Krätzer

• Developer
  • Bitter Lemon
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 16-08-2012, 22:08:19 »
Thats done by the Config Dudes, not by the Artist Sir.

Offline Paythoss

• Sabaku no Kitsune
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 16-08-2012, 22:08:20 »
Tiger wreck is looking a "little" unnatural   8)
Is a possible to make turret looks more like this ?

Offline McCloskey

• Developer
  • Heart or head, either way Jerry's dead!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 16-08-2012, 22:08:08 »
Thats done by the Config Dudes, not by the Artist Sir.

I stand corrected, good sir.