Author Topic: Ramelle 64  (Read 18588 times)

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
Re: Ramelle 64
« Reply #75 on: 24-10-2010, 02:10:24 »
You mad? We tested the maps without bazookas, sucked ass. In SP it might be fun that way, but not with someone in the Tiger who is not a stupid bot.

Offline Mazz

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 24-10-2010, 08:10:43 »
Considering the Axis can steamroll the Allies as it is, I highly doubt taking away the spawnable zooks and forcing guys to need ammo boxes is going to fix that.
Michael Wittmann's gunner, Bobby Woll, was known to be an excellent Marksman.
He could hit targets at range even on the move.

Offline Kwiot

• POLISH ACE
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 25-10-2010, 19:10:21 »
Amazing map  ;) Sb says that 2 Tigers is to much... I don't think so... Obviously on non-crowded serwers Americans might have big troubles but I've played once when there was 20 vs 20 and we were eliminating Tigers well  ;) It's all about teamplay  8) Maybe one suggestion - when Germans take Alamo, Americans should have more tanks for counter attacks (maybe one more with 76mm?).

Offline Fuzz

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 25-10-2010, 20:10:52 »
So, i have just played Ramelle tonight on hslan and that was maybe the most boring round ever played in Ramelle, but not the only.
This map have a real problem with the too much amount of HE rounds, especially in the 2 Tigers. At the end of the battle, the tigers had around 250 kills by their own?!
The germans hadn't taken the bridge and were still bleeding. They win the round 23-0.
You can't say there is not problem with the tigers. One tiger should be enough or, other idea, leave only around 10-15 HE round, which couldn't be reloaded by ammunition box or truck.
The HE will be more important to preserve and the round will not become a HE party for the US.

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 25-10-2010, 21:10:55 »
I udnerstand that getting raped over and over again is boring, I think so myself, too. But I have some questions for you:
At the end of the battle, the tigers had around 250 kills by their own?!
I don't see anyone with over 100 kills and there are only two Tigers. ???

The germans hadn't taken the bridge and were still bleeding. They win the round 23-0.
If this occurs, your team should have been able to win. I have seen allies win several times now without axis being able to cross the bridge. Maybe there were too many guys on your team running towards the Tigers with their pistol, hoping they were Tom Hanks? Seriously, it is about staying alive, because that means tickets.

You can't say there is not problem with the tigers. One tiger should be enough or, other idea, leave only around 10-15 HE round, which couldn't be reloaded by ammunition box or truck.
Apart from the fact that of course I can say there is no problem with the Tigers (like I posted before, kill one and it won't respawn - only one left), the other idea is not possible. An ammobox cannot be coded in a way it only resupplies certain types of ammo.

Good luck on your next round in Ramelle, try to concentrate on defending the northern flags, it has been successfull in the recent past ;)

Offline Fuzz

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 25-10-2010, 23:10:11 »
I count the 2 drivers and the mg operators (4 players if you want, i haven't counted the PzIV adn the Marder)
But yeah i know how to play this map that's not the problem here.
This HE party now happen too often because players know to play it (like in Anctoville with the PzIV, you can totaly fuck the round by yourself bny sitting on the north road and shoot with your HE on the corner...).
Now in Ramelle, you have just to camp with the tiger and shoot the houses or the spawn with the HE to make that map boring. And if you want to shoot it with your zook, most of the time you're going to be killed by a rifleman who's hiding in a houses.
So for me, the only real problem is the HE round which need to be reduced for the Tigers.
« Last Edit: 25-10-2010, 23:10:45 by Fuzz »

Offline Kelmola

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 26-10-2010, 07:10:32 »
The problem in Ramelle is certainly not the bazookas, because I have seen them fired even at individual soldiers. No, wait. The problem is just that. Maybe they should be fired at the sides and rear of the Tigers instead. ;D

Also, even when the Germans have the Bridge flag, they still bleed. So if the Americans just waited in cover and not charge madly into the open, they would win eventually. If the Tigers advance further into the town - a necessity for supporting the infantry - they again become much more vulnerable to bazookas. And when they are eliminated - and only then - the Americans can try to take the bridge back. Not when the two kittahs sit at the other side of the river waiting for prey.

Offline DLFReporter

• FH-Betatester
  • Betatesting FH2 makes me edgy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 26-10-2010, 08:10:19 »
That's why the axis bleed till they reach the other side. The allies are supposed to defend (keep their heads low) and not counter-attack. :)
Gravity is a habit that is hard to shake off

Offline Fuzz

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 26-10-2010, 11:10:22 »
Guys...look at your comments, we can't say nothing without beeing for a idiot who don't know to play FH2... This is not the first time i see that in the forum. I just wanted to help to make this map better.
So bye, i will keep my feedback for me next time.

Offline Ts4EVER

• Banner of THeTA0123
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 26-10-2010, 16:10:13 »
I agree with the HE shells. If the Germans in the film would have used their HE shells and MGs, private ryan would have ended as a smear on the church wall.

Offline Capten_C

• Well well well well well well well
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #85 on: 26-10-2010, 17:10:19 »
How many HE shells would a Tiger crew normally have, and how many do the Ramelle Tigers have?
LEGENDARY FORGOTTEN HOPE 2 ROUNDS!!! >> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xtJF9fL1YI

Offline Kelmola

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 26-10-2010, 17:10:32 »
I agree with the HE shells. If the Germans in the film would have used their HE shells and MGs, private ryan would have ended as a smear on the church wall.
For crying out loud, it's a movie, the bad guys do only what they are scripted to do, not what would be sensible or realistic, so that enough main characters survive for Mr. Spielberg to deliver his intended message.

If you insist on having a "realistic reason" for this, in SP-frakking-R of all things, then maybe the Germans were keeping AP loaded because they knew 76-Shermans would spawn after they cap Alamo flag, or maybe they were afraid of TK'ing n00bish infantry players? ;D

Offline Slayer

• Freeze Veteran
  • FH-Betatester
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 26-10-2010, 18:10:37 »
Guys...look at your comments, we can't say nothing without beeing for a idiot who don't know to play FH2... This is not the first time i see that in the forum. I just wanted to help to make this map better.
So bye, i will keep my feedback for me next time.
Who is calling you an idiot? I think you're a bit overreacting here. We all try to help and make the map better, I just commented on some things which aren't possible.

Offline djinn

• Masterspammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 27-10-2010, 16:10:08 »
The map is fine. Tigers are ungainly in town settings. Wait out the barrage picking off as many infantry as possible, force the tanks into town.

What this map does need is perhaps engineers with cool sticky bombs with the power of 'socks crammed with comp. B' and an xpack with plunger to deal with infantry, so they can continue to keep their heads down till ze kitties are right where they want em

The advantage for the yanks is in the town, and i dare say, the frontmost yank flag should be greyed out so the Americans get the fact that the only time they should go there is with tanks.

If you're getting HEd so much than maybe quit doing what you are doing. Dont fire at the front of the tank or face it head on in the open.

Offline tosh

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 29-10-2010, 03:10:00 »
This route is allowed?